Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ugng's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugng

Username: ugng

Name
Alex

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:117523200

Your DiscordID
ugng#9819

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I hosted my own TF2 server and moderated it through 2016-2017; it had a sizable amount of players but it really wasn't anything huge. (I have a different server nowadays but it's private and mostly for playing with friends or testing SourceMod stuff)

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play pretty much exclusively on (and want to moderate) Minecraft World US/NY/TX/LA. Mostly on US nowadays because it's the most active one where I have very low ping, but I prefer NY whenever it actually has players.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
People with discriminatory views and NSFW sprays are *very* common on these servers (90% of the time they're doing it to troll and it often causes long and pointless arguments in the voice chat or otherwise degrades the "chill" of the server); I'd like to be able to do more about it than try for a votemute that only lasts 30 minutes or call for admins who could be too busy with other things. I've played on these servers for a while (starting in July 2020) so I'm very familiar with what goes on.

I have experience working with and using SM plugins (and dabbled with SourcePawn), and I've moderated some moderately large communities on Reddit and Discord in the past and present.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Benedevil, RainbowRobb

How often do you play TF2?
In Eastern Time, on weekdays anytime 5 PM-12 AM and on weekends pretty much any time of day up until 12 AM. I haven't played much in the past few weeks but I'll try to be on more often if I get accepted.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
((Discriminatory/offensive comments or spam in text/voice chat)): Mute/gag/silence at first for 30 min. If they continue immediately after it expires redo for 1-3 days, if they continue after that 1-3 months or perma depending on severity. If they continue after several days'/weeks'/months' time, go back to lower duration punishments depending on how long its been since they last broke the rules.
((Really, really bad mic)): Same as above but never permanent (some people are just stuck with bad mics), unless they're doing it intentionally to annoy people.
((Inappropriate spray)): Sprayban for 1-3 days, making sure they know what was wrong with their spray so they don't mess up again. If they continue after that redo for 1 week or month depending on severity, after that perma. Go to lower duration bans as mentioned before if it's been a while since they last posted something bad.
((Cheating)): If it's obvious, instant permaban. If not, ask someone else to take a look to be sure, but in all cases it should be a permaban (they can appeal if a mistake was made).
((Player in opposite team's spawn)): If it's just a bunch of spies that's what the Big Pink Button is for, but if it gets really excessive warn the engineer who's making teleporters into spawn. If any other class manages to use an exploit to get in, slay them; if they do it repeatedly ban for a very short amount of time (1 day or less) while a fix is implemented.
((Other map exploits)): Same as above except if it involves being on the server for a certain amount of time or amassing a certain statistic (e.g. points) kick them instead of slaying (can't think of any actual situations where this would be the case but putting it in here anyway).

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I made/make the fixed version of this map! (and I'm decent with Hammer)

I know Python and C# really well if you ever need help with backend/systems/web development (I loathe frontend dev), and as I said before I'm getting the hang of SourcePawn. I'm quick at learning new languages as long as they're not stupidly complicated and don't deviate too much from the common paradigms/syntax. I also have experience with server management and am very familiar with UNIX-like operating systems. I know pretty much everything about the Discord API, if that's helpful.

I develop (and created/host the website + multiplayer + API for) this game: https://giftscop.com/
(You'll need to read up on what Petscop is before you'll know what it's about though.)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Bulgarian (though I'm a bit rusty; I can comprehend fluently but can't speak too well, mostly because I don't visit the country as often or long as I used to, but I think comprehension is what matters more for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom