Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined UberBench!'s Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
User name: UberBench!

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? U:1:917774524

Who has punished you?
Kerknor

Why were you punished?
For bypassing comm block.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I got banned for changing my name to "BackToSpawn ;)" after getting gagged (this wasn't immediately after I got gagged, I got gagged yesterday). I had only changed it once and had planned on keeping it the same for the rest of the game. No prior warnings or anything. I would understand getting banned if I continuously changed it as a way to talk to people, but I only changed it once and was not going to change it again, leaving it at BackToSpawn ;). I feel that this ban implies that ANY name change that is done during a game where you are gagged would be considered bypassing comm block which does not make sense.

Jack.

uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀
Staff Member
Hello,
I already had a little chat to you in #requesthelp, but just to clear up any doubt; you changing your name to "BackToSpawn ;)" was quite clearly an attempt to taunt players on the server while you were comm banned. As unfair as you may think this is, it is what it is. You've been banned for two days, hopefully you'll be aware of comm evasion the next time you get comm banned.
Thanks -Jack

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
Hello Jack, let me ask you a question: What if I changed my name before I joined the server? It wasn't an attempt to taunt, just to have a name change because I thought it would be funny to have people see it after they die. Wasn't any form of communication, nor was i going to change it again at all. If I was "talking" to somebody, I could see how this would be considered evading a comm block, but your reasoning right now is what I'm criticizing, which is that changing your name AT ALL during a gag gets you banned whether or not you used it to communicate or not. Kerknor should've waited to see if I was going to continue to change my name.

Jack.

uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀
Staff Member
I'd just like to point something out.
because I thought it would be funny to have people see it after they die.
taunt.PNG

• Confused
Reactions: Jim

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Hello again Uber,

Jack has done and provided more than enough informing you of what you did wrong. Trying to play a different angle won't work here. You have already demonstrated your need to taunt or mock others.
Ubername.PNG

Uberspawn.PNG

uberspawn2.PNG

hopefully you'll be aware of comm evasion the next time you get comm banned.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
Good Morning to both of you.

For the first response with Jack's image of the definition of taunt:
Taunting is not the same as relaying a message to someone else. I had just changed it so that players see it when they get killed by me, or If I assisted. This in no way breaks the rules since there's nothing wrong with having your name as "BackToSpawn;)" which is where you go after you get killed by me. Hopefully this explanation of people going back to spawn after getting killed cleared up your confusion.

Here is an example of a name change that directly tells people something instead of being a taunt or a silly name.
1592667545452.png

For Kerknor's images:
Firstly, I'm not sure what you're on about about me taking a different angle. It just seems like an attempt to disregard all my points.

For the image regarding my name changes. This image shows name changes BEFORE my mute/gag. Also, these name changes do nothing to break the rules, so I don't understand why you would use it as a basis for a ban. I had only changed my name ONCE "BackToSpawn;)" while muted/gagged, I was not going to change it again. I will again bring up the fact that Kerknor should've waited to see if I would've changed my name more times and if they were going to be messages before immediately banning me. Seems like irresponsible and rushed out decisions were made when banning me without much consideration, which is not appropriate coming from an admin.

For the messages regarding the "Camper of my own spawn". These messages poked fun at the playstyle that everyone hates. I would know since I've tested it out and looked at the reactions players had to them. Everyone that interacted with this playstyle disliked it. This playstyle does not break the rules, because if it did, you wouldn't be allowed to play like this.

Attachments

• 1592667450088.png
    1592667450088.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 139

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
So, let me get this straight.
I had just changed it so that players see it when they get killed by me, or If I assisted.
This is quite literally what comm block circumventing is. At the time, you state you were still gagged, and you’re still muted now, meaning you had no means of communicating, so you renamed yourself in order to send a joking message to those who see it? The amount of times you change your name isn’t relevant when the intent of the name change was to circumvent your commblocks.

• Confused

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
So, let me get this straight.
This is quite literally what comm block circumventing is. At the time, you state you were still gagged, and you’re still muted now, meaning you had no means of communicating, so you renamed yourself in order to send a joking message to those who see it? The amount of times you change your name isn’t relevant when the intent of the name change was to circumvent your commblocks.

With all due respect, please read the entirety of my points. This name change was, as I said, something silly that players would see when they get killed by me. This isn't giving any sort of message.

It wasn't a "Joking message to those who see it", as it wasn't targeted at anyone, nor was is a reply to anything. There is a difference between a joke message that is used to communicate, and a name change for those who just to happen to get killed by me.

Whether anyone sees it or not is up to them. Again, it wasn't to circumvent my comm block.

Also, if you yourself believe that the amount of name changes is "not relevant", don't you think the picture Kerknor gave showing my multiple name changes is also irrelevant? If so, it was non sensible to use it against me in an appeal.

Let me ask you this: If I was not muted nor gagged, would me changing my name to "BackToSpawn;)" get me banned? The answer is pretty obvious (No). This scenario shows what is happening with my punishment. Which is that I got banned for simply changing my name, obviously something wrong with that.

*I bolded the points that I wanted to make sure came out clearly.*

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Since you clearly don't or simply refuse to understand what your being told I'm going to assume you have learned nothing from this appeal and will not rectify your behavior in the future.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom