Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted turtlecool's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlecool

Strange
What was your type of punishment?:
Ban

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:79654112

Who has punished you?

SparksThunder

Why were you punished?

Aimbot/Wallhacks

Why should we revoke your punishment?

I would like to defend myself and also get someone's opinion on this event whether it is a rule or not.

I was using another account in spectate to see an invisible spy on a tf2 Uber Upgrades server. Being in spectate allows you to see everyone on the map with a outline of their body including cloaked spies. Was it right for me to do this? no it was not and I would like to apologize to "Broman the Canadien" for this action I have chose towards you, Sorry.
Was it considered a hack? I'm not sure. Which is why I would like to obtain a second opinion on the rules. I don't have any demos to show proof. I can fully understand if this ban appeal will not be approved but I will accept an altercation to the length of the ban in the chance the ban isn't 100% fair.

-Thank you for your time.​

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
The demo I supplied showed you taking several shots at a cloaked spy, with no clear indication of their location at all. I also don't recall there being anyone other than me in the list of spectators at the time.

Regardless of whether it was aimbot or you were simply using an alt to spectate, the most I can foresee you getting is having your ban knocked down to being temporary, as using an alt as you said, would be considered exploitation, and possibly more.

It's also probably worth noting that his bullets were hitting very far from his crosshair at certain points.

However since I am the one who issued the ban, I cannot make the final decision in contesting its lift, so I'll be watching this thread and waiting for the rest of the staff to put their word in. I'm also including the demo file here, so that they don't need to go through the ban's site to get it.

Attachments

• turtlecool.dem
    4.9 MB · Views: 253
Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
do you have a link available to the alt and proof that you have two computers that you could run tf2 on two different accounts please

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
So it is possible he was using an alt to spectate other people after all, but that's still serious exploitation and cheating, which I'd consider a pretty serious offense.

(Edit) Thinking about it now, using an alt to spectate yourself on another monitor, would essentially be wallhacking, as you can see enemies' outlines through walls through this method.

turtlecool

Strange
I have looked at the demo and it does show that my alt was in spectate (name of it on the lower right). although that does not justify the wrongdoings of my actions. I understand I have broken the rules and what I have done was not right and take full responsibility for it. Knowing this I will never do or even think about doing this again and will understand if this appeal does not get approved.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

He had a day ban before for using that command exploit that we fixed since. Considering he is apologetic, has clear chat logs and no bad history elsewhere I'd suggest reducing the ban to between 3 days and a week.

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
I've been mulling it over.

I can consider reducing his ban to about a week or so, but I'd suggest we ban his Alt, as I see no good reason for it to be used, in order to prevent him from trying to misuse it in the future.

Do you think that'd be a good idea?

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I've been mulling it over.

I can consider reducing his ban to about a week or so, but I'd suggest we ban his Alt, as I see no good reason for it to be used, in order to prevent him from trying to misuse it in the future.

Do you think that'd be a good idea?
I suggest we just ban his main and let him get caught in the sleuth loop if he's careless enough. If he isn't and uses the account, we extend a ban on both accounts.

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
Alright, I've taken a little time to think on it.

I'll be reducing his ban length to about a week or two in light of his apologetic appeal, and my mistaking for wallhacking.

@turtlecool I strongly suggest you refrain from using your alt account at all in the future, even after the ban expires.

(edit) The ban length has been reduced to two weeks. I'll move this into the archive and mark it accepted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom