Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Toasted Pork's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasted Pork

Strange
Personal Info

Name

Toasted Pork

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Steam ID

STEAM_0:0:64591100

Server Info

Have I managed servers previously?

I used to moderate a server called Modernage, I was and admin on there for several months before I left on my own accord due to some negative influences and some disrespect.

Am I familiar with admin commands?

Modernage used some plugins to allow for easy use of commands using a menu, so I do know some but not a substantial amount.

What servers do I usually play on?

Well, mainly your Jailbreak server which has been basically all I have been doing when on TF2. I also play some Dodgeball and a little casual. I used to play a server called SmexyTrading almost all of the time but that shut down awhile ago.

Why do you want to become an admin?

This server and the community involved is incredible, the server is fun and I want to keep it that way. I will be applying to try and keep this server safe from griefers, hackers, mic spammers, etc. After all, an admins job is not to remove bad people, the admins job is to ensure that all users have the best time possible while on the server. I am also joining to give myself an experience unlike others I have had. Modernage was great for awhile, but my community began to feel more toxic as I went on and I began to lose interest, but I can see that this server is something different, so I am also applying because I want to have fun, enjoy myself. I am great at keeping myself calm at all times, and I make sure not to get carried away, and always make the best decision possible to ensure all users have fun.

Do I know other staff members?

Only console and Breezy, but I will be sure to get to know other admins

When am I available

Sunday—-all day
Monday to Thursday—-3:10PM-9:30PM
Friday—-3:10PM-11:30PM
Saturday—-all day

How would I go about punishing a rulebreaker?

General

Mic Spam

Warn---1 hour mute---6 hour mute---24 hour mute---3 day mute---week mute---month mute---perm mute

Chat Spam

Warn---1 hour gag---6 hour gag---24 hour gag---3 day gag---week gag---month gag---perm gag

Toxicity towards others

Warn---1 hour mute/gag---6 hour mute/gag---24 hour mute/gag---3 day mute/gag---week mute/gag---month mute/gag---perm mute/gag

Speaking foreign language

Kindly warn---1 hour mute/gag---6 hour mute/gag--24 hour mute/gag---3 day mute/gag---week mute/gag---month mute/gag---perm mute/gag

Racism

1 day mute/gag—-3 day mute/gag—-week mute/gag—-month mute/gag—-perm mute/gag

Inappropriate spray

Perm spray ban

Exploits

slay and then warn---1 hour ban---3 hour ban---1 day ban--- 3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban

Hacks

Permanent ban

Advertisement of hacks

Perm mute and gag

Staff impersonation

warn---1 hour mute/gag---1 day mute/gag---week mute/gag---perm mute/gag

Abuse of !calladmin

Warn---1 hour ban---1 day ban---3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban

Doxing

Perm mute and gag and potential ban

Jailbreak Rules

Armoury Camping

Warn---slay

Over talking warden

Warn---30 minute mute/gag---1 hour mute/gag---24 hour mute/gag---week mute/gag---month mute/gag---perm mute/gag

Delaying

Warn---slay---1 day ban---3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban

Ghosting

Warn---1 hour mute/gag---3 hour mute/gag---1 day mute/gag---3 day mute/gag---week mute/gag---month mute/gag---perm mute/gag

Late Spawn

Slay

Blue Team

Freehit

Warning---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Freekill

Warning and slay and revive the teambanned users---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

No Mic

Perm teamban and ask them to purchase an audible mic, once one is purchased, unteamban the user.

Griefing

Warning and slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Mass Freekill

1 week teamban and warn, then revive reds who were freekilled---2 week teamban---1 month teamban---perm teamban

Team kill

Warn and slay Team killer, then give 1 hour teamban, then revive blues who were freekilled---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Retiring from warden without permission

Warning---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Favouritism

warning and possible slay---definite slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Red Team

Free day abuse

warn---slay

Ammo Glitching

Warn and slay---1 hour ban---3 hour ban---1 day ban---3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban

Warden Rules

Warden hogging

Warn and remove warden from player---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Illegal FF

Disable FF and 1 hour teamban with warning---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Not giving repeats

Warning and ask to give repeat, slay if he killed a red without repeat---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Refusal to go warden

Warning and ask to go warden---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Lying

Warning and possible slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Trick order

Warning---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

LR Denial

Warning and ask to continue with LR---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Kill order

Warning and slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Illegal days

warning---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Minigame Chaining

Warn---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Special day chaining

Warn---slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---1 day teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban

Renaming Reds

Other Info

So I do believe I have a few teambans. I'm not gonna sit here and make up excuses since there are none, I did the wrong thing and I was rightfully punished. However, I will say that none of these instances were me intentionally being a prick, they were all mistakes to learn from and I hope it won't negatively impact on my application.

Also, chatlogs. Exact same deal, I wouldn't remember every time that I have been toxic but im sure there is a little. And once again, no excuses. I do my best to be as nice to everybody as I can and keep myself calm, I often notice that I get a little heated when I am freekilled and sometimes say some things that shouldn't be said, but I do not believe it is too bad.

Anyways, I hope you judge my application fairly and take me into consideration to become a member of your team.

Edit log: #1 Updated location and times I can play to be more accurate and changed my steam ID to show correct information. Changed certain information on 4 rules due to feedback, these rules are Racism, Armoury camping, Not having mic, and freekill.

Edit log: #2 Changed thread title from Toasted Pork’s Admin Application to Toasted Pork’s Moderator Application

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Toasted,

First off, your steamID is STEAM_0:0:64591100.

Your playtime is good, standing at 6 days.

North Pole
Excuse me?
We would just like to know your location so we know where our staff team is, and estimate when they'll be available.

I should be available just about every day except possibly Sundays, and obviously school is existent so weekdays are a little more restricting.
Another reason to have your location. If possible, could you also please add some time estimations?

1570534534149.png

Also, chatlogs. Exact same deal, I wouldn't remember every time that I have been toxic but im sure there is a little. And once again, no excuses. I do my best to be as nice to everybody as I can and keep myself calm, I often notice that I get a little heated when I am freekilled and sometimes say some things that shouldn't be said, but I do not believe it is too bad.
Ok. Down to your chatlogs. They are quite OK besides a few concerning entries, such as:
"stop rebelling you fucking little shit"
"I hope you get fucked in the arse by a fucking horse and get a fatal STD"
"fuck off"

These logs are about 2 weeks old, so quite recent. From what I see, you use the word "fuck" quite often, but I can't pinpoint if it's used as an exclamation or an insult. (Using it as an exclamation is fine)

Moving on to your punishment log:
1570534830921.png

So I do believe I have a few teambans. I'm not gonna sit here and make up excuses since there are none, I did the wrong thing and I was rightfully punished. However, I will say that none of these instances were me intentionally being a prick, they were all mistakes to learn from and I hope it won't negatively impact on my application.
You have 2 teambans on your record, one of which is by a donor. They are quite old, so I believe you've improved. I doubt these will impact the application.

Moving on to the punishment section:
Racism

1 day ban (this really shouldn't be tolerated)---3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban
We don't tolerate racism, but we also don't ban players. We give them a mute/gag, but a harsher one than normal.

Armoury Camping

Warn---slay---1 day ban---3 day ban---week ban---month ban---perm ban
You would ban someone from all BLW servers for camping armory? what about every other BLW server that is not JB?

Perm ban and tell them to purchase an audible mic---unban
You would ban someone from all BLW servers for not having a good mic?

Warning and slay---1 hour teamban---3 hour teamban---24 hour teamban---3 day teamban---week teamban---month teamban---perm teamban
just confirming, you will revive the freekilled person, yes?

In general, your "outbursts" might be an issue if you don't keep an eye on it.
I believe you've put in quite some effort into your application, which is nice to see.
I really don't have anything against you becoming a member of the staff team, besides the aforementioned "outbursts".

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toasted Pork

Strange
Ah yes, mostly agree with what you have said. Just wanna point out something about the horse STD thing that I said. That was not me being serious, me and another guy were just sending insults over to each other as a joke, so the insult was entirely harmless. However, everything else you have said is all fair enough

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
That was not me being serious, me and another guy were just sending insults over to each other as a joke, so the insult was entirely harmless
Just saying, please be careful with these kinds of jokes in the future, best to keep them out of the game and in DMs?
Thanks for clarifying that specific log entry.

breezie

Scarcely Lethal

breezie

Hi Toasted,

I commend you for the effort put into your application and I can tell it was not half-assed, but a bit of colour would've made your application a bit more engaging. For playtime, there are no issues at 6 days which is definitely more than enough to become a moderator. Gibus already went through the chatlogs, so I won't go over that. However, from recent experience, you still aren't fully accustomed to the rules of Jailbreak. A recent example that occurred today was playing Diner with more than 8 people even when players in chat are warning you not to do so. Also, questioning a perma teamban given from another Moderator to a mass freekiller without a mic does not give me a good impression when you recently submitted an application. Having a strong understanding of the rules is one of the most important aspects to becoming a Moderator especially in Jailbreak. For now, I don't think you're cut out to be a Moderator , but after fully understanding the rules -I believe you will have what it takes to become a Moderator. This is just my personal input and it will not be my decision whether the application goes through or not.

Good Luck,

-breezy

Toasted Pork

Strange
Hey Breezy, thanks for your input.
Just wanted to go over some of the things you said.
I commend you for the effort put into your application and I can tell it was not half-assed, but a bit of colour would've made your application a bit more engaging.
First off, I do not believe that the colour of my application is any sort of concern. I did notice when going over other people’s applications that colour was very affective at catching the attention of the viewer, but this is a moderator application. I decided not to worry about colour since an application like this shouldn’t be judged by opinions, it should be judged by facts.
from recent experience, you still aren't fully accustomed to the rules of Jailbreak. A recent example that occurred today was playing Diner with more than 8 people even when players in chat are warning you not to do so.
This is a fair enough observation and there isn’t much I can really say about it. In this instance, I was in the wrong and I should have not continued Diner.
Also, questioning a perma teamban given from another Moderator to a mass freekiller without a mic does not give me a good impression when you recently submitted an application.
This is not an instance of me not knowing the rules, I questioned a moderator because I was a little confused as to why he was permanently team banned. I quickly realised my mistake and let the moderator know of my mistake. I knew the rules, hence why I corrected myself. The moderator also sent out a text to the server specifying that he was permanently team banned, this was just after a mic check, so the moderator had just team banned multiple people. But the moderator only specifically sent a text about this player and nobody else since he was a known free killer. This was not really necessary from the moderator but was done anyways, so I jumped a little ahead thinking this was the reason he was permanently team banned when the moderator actually had a good reason for it. But I will say this again, I knew the rules, that is why I questioned the moderator in the first place, I just jumped a little ahead both due to a little too much confidence and the text sent out which further boosted my suspicions.

Anyways, that is all I got to say.
Thanks for the feedback

-Toasted Pork

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

I've just had an unpleasant experience while playing with you. Everything I say here will have nothing to do with your application but you as a player.

Inferring from said experience, you clearly do not fully have a grasp on the rules which is shocking because you seem to be considered a "regular" amongst the moderators that are on duty in the server we were playing in. They also seem to agree with my statement.

Not fully understanding is fine to an extent; however, it does seem to imply that you have skimmed through the rules just to list out the punishments for your application since you apparently don't completely understand 'Last Request Denial'. Yes, starting and immediately stopping a requested minigame is considered LR Denial.

After slaying you, you then told me that I didn't warn you at all even though I had done so multiple times in chat which you were definitely aware of, which gets to my next point. Your friend decided to budge in unnecessarily and said that since I didn't "warn you as an admin", I wasn't allowed to do anything to you. I had to explain this to your friend which was fine.
HOWEVER, this gave me the impression that you wouldn't have done anything if I was a normal player meaning that there may have been instances of you rulebreaking and not stopping despite people warning you because they're not staff.

I would and should've punished you with all the warnings that I have given, but I didn't.

tldr
You're not ready and I don't see you as "moderator material".
You should also re-read the rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom