Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Throwawayjusttopost's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Throwawayjusttopost

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? 76561198004353745

Who has punished you?
10000 Cold Knights

Why were you punished?
"Donor abuse" even though I was just using the votekick against someone who was being toxic in chat.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Other player was being toxic, spamming "mad cuz bad" and other such insults. Seeing as the votekicks were going through, that meant a majority of the server agreed that he should be kicked, so I don't see why I'm being punished for "abuse". Especially given that it's just a kick (not a ban) and as he showed in his own clip, he can literally just rejoin the server immediately or use retry to circumvent the kick vote.

At one point he even taunted me asking why I wasn't votekicking again. Not sure why I'm the one being punished here when I was just using votekick how it was intended: getting rid of unruly players.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Just as a general thing, if someone is being toxic in chat, you would votegag them, not kick them.
That's maybe why you were punished.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Just as a general thing, if someone is being toxic in chat, you would votegag them, not kick them.
That's maybe why you were punished.
Lucas hit the nail on the head. You were both using votekicks inappropriately and giving childish reasons for doing so.
█ ► BlackWonder US | Dustbowl | Class Wars ◄ █ | 2023-03-14T01:46:10 | sm_votekick 【No FPS】 mad
█ ► BlackWonder US | Dustbowl | Class Wars ◄ █ | 2023-03-14T01:35:33 | sm_votekick 【No FPS】 seething
█ ► BlackWonder US | Dustbowl | Class Wars ◄ █ | 2023-03-14T01:36:27 | sm_votekick 【No FPS】 spam
If they are being toxic in text or voice chat, vote gagging or muting them for 30 mins would be much more effective than wasting kick votes on them. You yourself stated that they weren't effective in putting a stop to him, after all.

Voteslays and votekicks should generally only be used against cheaters and exploiters. If you continue to misuse them you'll probably recieve another ban in the future.

Voteslays and votekicks should generally only be used against cheaters and exploiters.
Would have been nice to know that beforehand instead of just being banned right off the bat for it.

I still don't see how it's "abuse" given that votekicks require a majority vote to go through. Should everyone who voted "yes" also be banned for abuse?

lmao why even have these commands available if you're just going to ban people for using them

lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom