Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Thread of small suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

1) Team scramble vote and command. It's mainly for 2Fort. Sometimes it would come in handy.

2) An option to not see deleted messages on the forum / automatically move them to dumpster. They're meant to be deleted. The person certainly changed his mind about things and that's why he deleted comments / threads, I personally just don't want to look at his outdated opinion.

3) Reward players who watch ads with a small amount of credits. It's pretty self explanatory. Everyone hates ads, this could compensate.

4) Add anti intel spam plugin to servers that have intel. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2184517

If you have anything in mind, edit this thread or pm me and I'll add your small little suggestion.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
1) Team scramble vote and command. It's mainly for 2Fort. Sometimes it would come in handy.

2) An option to not see deleted messages on the forum / automatically move them to dumpster. They're meant to be deleted. The person certainly changed his mind about things and that's why he deleted comments / threads, I personally just don't want to look at his outdated opinion.

3) Reward players who watch ads with a small amount of credits. It's pretty self explanatory. Everyone hates ads, this could compensate.

If you have anything in mind, edit this thread or pm me and I'll add your small little suggestion.

1) Yes, it's a good idea.

2) In relation to my thread, i did mention that it would be better if WE could move them on our own, as some deleted posts may contain some things that might be important in some what or another, like how someone would just say something mean, and then delete it after wards, we could see it and deal with it in some way or whatever... this might not be a good example, but i know there is just something we might find useful out of these deleted posts, thus i think it's better if WE move them instead of it automatically going to the dumpster/useless posts thread.

3) I don't know about that, maybe you should have did (( @ )) @Benedevil since it's something that he, and only he can decide out of suggestions + his own will.

KEEP ON MEEPING!!

Last edited:

A.P.

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Mapper
1. Team scramble.... well it could piss off people... but as long as its not automatic scramble it should be ok. I'm sure votescramble would be WAY better than auto

2. well yes, i would like to see some deleted stuff :3

3. Ehh... ads, eww... but they shouldn't earrape people, like other ads do

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
1) Looks pretty good
2) Admins can see "deleted" messages and even then they aren't deleted just hidden from pleb view. Threads shouldn't be actually deleted just archived somewhere
3) People are already forced to watch ads upon connecting regardless of whether they want to or not.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

1. Already exists (You gotta find it first thou), is admin only atm I think thou.. Maybe a votescrambe could be useful.
2. Only admins can see them, we are able to move them, automatically move them to a new section called (deleted threads) maybe?
3. Could be good.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I know only we can see deleted threads... duh... I just personally don't want to, it takes up a lot of space. I'd like to have an option to disable it for me or make it so they automatically get moved to the dumpster. Nothing mandatory for those who like this feature.

@Jim It's not about wheter they want to watch an ad. It's about making it less painful.

Added a 4th suggestion.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
First, my opinion about the fourth suggestion..
Yes, it will be useful.

2. Only admins can see them, we are able to move them, automatically move them to a new section called (deleted threads) maybe?

Already made a suggestion about it the admin lounge, LOOK AT IT!!!
3. Could be good.

Okay, now that i thought about it a little bit...
Let's just analyze this for a second...

1) It could be abused in such a way that... what? you'll earn like 5~10 credits per-add? thus, you can farm credits soooo easily by reconnecting every time.
2) You may tell me that ""Oh we will just make a cooldown for it, like a 45 mins cooldown, since it's how long it takes for a map to end"" BUT HEY!! is that even possible? if bene can do that... then it's up to him really if he wants this to be a thing or not.
3) Why should we give players credits for watching the adds that are keeping their favorite server online? They get credits for completing missions daily, and i think that's good enough, sure we might add something in the future like EVENTS(This is only a random idea came to mind)... anyhow let's get back to the topic.

So as you can see, these are something i thought of that might make this idea a little bit... uuuuh not the best.
However, that's just my personal opinion.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

1-2) It's probably possible (everything is with programming magic), not sure if it's worth the effort though, Ben will decide that for himself. If he doesn't want to do it right away because there are 2 pages of suggestions right now, or if he thinks it would eat up unnecessarily much resources it's completely understandable to not do it.
3) Why not? We like to reward players don't we? A small amount of credits isn't a lot for us, but for some it could mean a new title or something from the store and could make them tolerate the horrible ads instead of using commands to avoid them.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
1-2) It's probably possible (everything is with programming magic), not sure if it's worth the effort though, Ben will decide that for himself. If he doesn't want to do it right away because there are 2 pages of suggestions right now, or if he thinks it would eat up unnecessarily much resources it's completely understandable to not do it.
3) Why not? We like to reward players don't we? A small amount of credits isn't a lot for us, but for some it could mean a new title or something from the store and could make them tolerate the horrible ads instead of using commands to avoid them.

1-2) Alright, i got it.
3) Welp, alright... at least i said me piece, now we'll wait to see what bene will do :b
I simply know that it might affect how he deals with credits and shit, and how he must balance out things... prices and so on..., that's why i'm kinda against the idea, however if he sees it as nothing troublesome, then he is free to do as he pleases :3

MEEP! MEEEEEP!

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
1) Votescramble has been added to all 2Fort servers

2) I can personally disable this option for you if you like

3) Disallowed by the ad provider

4) Has been added to 2Fort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom