Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined theonlythingthat's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: theonlythingthat

Name
theonlythingthat

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days' cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:173672451

Your DiscordID
theonlythingthat#0597

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
The server I would like to moderate is, 85.117.240.11:27005, it is a simple DMduel server.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator because I love this server, I know most of the people there and they will vouch for me. I have been donating to blackwonder.tf to practice moderating on this server and have been doing a very good job of punishing players for breaking rules & guidelines. For these reasons, I believe that I should be the moderator for this server.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
I am on for at least 6 to 8 hours a day.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Mic Spam: Warning>30 minute mute> 1-hour mute> 6 hour mute> 1 day mute> 1 week mute> 1 month mute> Permanent mute

Chat Spam: Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> 6 hour gag> 1 day gag> 1 week gag> 1 month gag> Permanent gag

Offensive behavior/Racism/Inappropriate behavior : Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> 6 hour gag> 1 day gag> 1 week gag> 1 month gag> Permanent gag

Hack advertisement :Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> 6 hour gag> 1 day gag> 1 week gag> 1 month gag> Permanent gag
Griefing/spawn camping: Warning> Slay> Kick> Ban

Proper mic :Warning>30 minute mute> 1-hour mute> 6 hour mute> 1 day mute> 1 week mute> 1 month mute> Permanent mute

English only in chat :Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> 6 hour gag> 1 day gag> 1 week gag> 1 month gag> Permanent gag

NSFW content: Warning> Spray ban until changed

I take hacking very seriously, so I would punish them quicker since they can ruin the fun for everyone very quickly. After recording enough evidence I would post the evidence to Blackwonder's Sourcebans

Hacking: Kick> Permanent ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Nope, I feel I have covered everything to prove I would be a fantastic moderator.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

Hey there, just making a quick review.
Mic Spam: Warning>30 minute mute> 1-hour mute> Kick

Chat Spam: Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> Kick

Offensive behavior/Racism/inappropriate: Warning>30 minute gag> 1-hour gag> Kick
Typically with punishments we don't use kicks much, you can extend these types of punishments into permanent versions, just make sure to follow a reasonable ladder (i.e 30min > 1hr > 6hr > 1 day > 3 day > 1 week > 2 week > 1 month > perm)
Hacking: Warning> Second warning> Kick
We don't tolerate hackers, if you find someone to be hacking record evidence and permanently ban them.
Remember to upload evidence to Source bans afterwards. (link to Source Bans https://bans.blackwonder.tf/)
Abuse: First offense>Second offense> Third offense>Final offense
what kind of abuse exactly? and what would the punishments be? (i.e bans, mutes, gags, silences, etc)
Griefing/spawn camping: Warning> Slay> Slay> Kick
slaying twice isn't necessary, if someone's causing trouble don't be afraid to resort to bans (although a kick here before the ban is required)

just remember to include punishments for the following:
Hack Advertisement
NSFW Content (Sprays and Objectors)
Proper Mic
English only in Chat

Note: a majority of these rules share the same punishment ladder as other rules (i.e the Punishment for Chat Spam would be the same for Hack Advertisement, you can probably just copy the punishment for Chat spam and put it under Hack Ads)
similar stuff applies with Proper mic, English only and Mic Spam.

In terms of other stuff, your chat logs look good.
Pretty nice amount of play time on servers (see attached files)
found 1 commblock but nothing else (see attached)

I would recommend quickly reading some recently accepted applications if you want to get a good grasp on how you should scale punishments Do not copy anything or your app will very likely get declined
Nothing much else to say your app is looking really good, just touch up punishments

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask in the Discord or DM me if you have any personal questions

Good Luck in your application!

Links

Attachments

• Mod App Screenshot.png
    Mod App Screenshot.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    30.6 KB · Views: 130
Hey there, just making a quick review.

Typically with punishments we don't use kicks much, you can extend these types of punishments into permanent versions, just make sure to follow a reasonable ladder (i.e 30min > 1hr > 6hr > 1 day > 3 day > 1 week > 2 week > 1 month > perm)

We don't tolerate hackers, if you find someone to be hacking record evidence and permanently ban them.
Remember to upload evidence to Source bans afterwards. (link to Source Bans https://bans.blackwonder.tf/)

what kind of abuse exactly? and what would the punishments be? (i.e bans, mutes, gags, silences, etc)

slaying twice isn't necessary, if someone's causing trouble don't be afraid to resort to bans (although a kick here before the ban is required)

just remember to include punishments for the following:
Hack Advertisement
NSFW Content (Sprays and Objectors)
Proper Mic
English only in Chat

Note: a majority of these rules share the same punishment ladder as other rules (i.e the Punishment for Chat Spam would be the same for Hack Advertisement, you can probably just copy the punishment for Chat spam and put it under Hack Ads)
similar stuff applies with Proper mic, English only and Mic Spam.

In terms of other stuff, your chat logs look good.
Pretty nice amount of play time on servers (see attached files)
found 1 commblock but nothing else (see attached)

I would recommend quickly reading some recently accepted applications if you want to get a good grasp on how you should scale punishments Do not copy anything or your app will very likely get declined
Nothing much else to say your app is looking really good, just touch up punishments

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask in the Discord or DM me if you have any personal questions

Good Luck in your application!

Links
Thank you so much for your help, I have updated it and now I have every Abuse, and the correct punishment, also I used, "Abuse: First offense>Second offense> Third offense>Final offense" as a key that was all it was, thank you so much.

Jotape

The King Of Brasil
Staff Member
Admin

jotape

English only in chat/mic :Warning>30 minute gag/mute> 1-hour gag/mute> 6 hour gag/mute> 1 day gag/mute> 1 week gag/mute> 1 month gag/mute> Permanent gag/mute
English only is a rule for VoiceChat, players can wrote in any language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom