Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed The !taunt command

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrphil2105

Scarcely Lethal
Hey there. I recently bought myself the Burstchester taunt, and I love it. I also have a lot of taunts, and before I was collecting taunts in fact. Then, there is one thing that really pisses me of, yes, the !taunt command.
There is no point in having taunts, if anyone just can access all of them with a command. So I'd really like that plugin to be removed. Valve should do something about this, they earn money by making these taunts, so they shouldn't be available for free.

I'm not mad about the !taunt command, but I just prefer that there's no such thing.

Let me hear your oppinions with the !taunt command.

Regards Crazy.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Not sure what the public status of it is, but if it's for anyone to use then it should be set to VIPs only.

Also, what's the point in Valve selling the taunts if players can install the taunt menu... I have seen people using taunt menu, but I didn't think much of it.

mrphil2105

Scarcely Lethal
Hmm ok. I think non-VIPs can use it too. But yeah, what's the point in Vavle selling the taunt if players can access them with a plugin..? Then, the plugin should be removed, that's what I think.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Settings Taunt 'Em to being only accessible by a certain admin flag violates ToS by having paying players access certain items, including plugin granted ones.

I see no problem with allowing randoms to make their characters do preset animations that have no impact on the game at all.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Settings Taunt 'Em to being only accessible by a certain admin flag violates ToS by having paying players access certain items, including plugin granted ones.

I see no problem with allowing randoms to make their characters do preset animations that have no impact on the game at all.
Care to provide a link that stats this?

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

My bad, what I was actually referencing was Sarge's own statement on the AM plugin threat saying:

"I'd suggest that you not make access to this plugin a donator feature or a pay-to-use feature, as it may prompt Valve to inhibit its functionality."

Valve placed restrictions on setting effects on hats, adding KS effects and australiums Erreur's plugin was released, doing those things, which has created caution on using the rest of the TF2Items extension in this sort of territory, since if Valve reduced functionality of TF2I further, it would be pretty dire as it's one of the most used extensions for SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom