Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined The "RTD for all" usable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

So as you may know there is an usable in shop (/shop>Fun commands> random RTD effects for everyone) wich well... gives random rtd effects for everyone.
Sure it may be a fun way to use your points and see everyone of the server getting salty abount a bad roll, but sadly it sometimes really can hinder the gameplay in specific mode.

I basically want to suggest to remove this item from Jailbreak servers as it
a) Can ruin a round.
b) Can ruin the next round.
c) Can end the round instantly
and d) Deny LR (wich indirectly breaks the rules, altough it is based on pure randomness)

Please vote on the poll and tell your complains in the comments so I can edit this if they are good.

EDIT: Added vote to only disclude warden from being targeted by the effect, should help games become less caotic.

Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
This can't really be achieved without doing a really hacky roundabout way to counteract it.

Store items are unified from 1 source, not server unique.

Overkill

a byte
I like how you mentioned this, and It should be looked into. There is one thing I want to say about it tho: You can only do "RTD for all" while you're alive (Learned this the hard way after spending 500 credits and seeing them fall into the abyss without doing anything). This means your'e jeopardizing yourself as well. Maybe they should change some of the effects that can be rolled. Maybe they should INCREASE the price of it. I'll let this sink in, but in the meantime, something should be changed.

Edit: What Noodl says goes. I know nothing about how the server works on a deeper level.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I like how you mentioned this, and It should be looked into. There is one thing I want to say about it tho: You can only do "RTD for all" while you're alive (Learned this the hard way after spending 500 credits and seeing them fall into the abyss without doing anything). This means your'e jeopardizing yourself as well. Maybe they should change some of the effects that can be rolled. Maybe they should INCREASE the price of it. I'll let this sink in, but in the meantime, something should be changed.

Edit: What Noodl says goes. I know nothing about how the server works on a deeper level.
Prices have been increased so often for this already...
That would make it less achievable on other servers...

Overkill

a byte
Prices have been increased so often for this already...
That would make it less achievable on other servers...
Didn't know it was increased. I do believe the price is already good, I was just giving suggestions. Its already hard for me to do one, It takes me like 1 week to accumulate that many credits.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

This can't really be achieved without doing a really hacky roundabout way to counteract it.

Store items are unified from 1 source, not server unique.

Give what you said I figure it should still be able to modify specific servers RTD plugins.
That being said, how about instead of removing it we just limit it?
Like Warden cannot get rtd effects (if possible) and some really tedious effects like toxic and explode get removed.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Give what you said I figure it should still be able to modify specific servers RTD plugins.
That being said, how about instead of removing it we just limit it?
Like Warden cannot get rtd effects (if possible) and some really tedious effects like toxic and explode get removed.

While possible, that comes under "hacky and unnecessary workarounds" as it seems very unintuitive to modify a plugin, for one command, used by another plugin.
If Jailbreak was well made and has nice natives, which I don't recall if it does or not, then skipping the warden in this situation would not be difficult task.

D

Deleted member 2120

I wouldn't mind this, it is extremely infuriating to have it spammed.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

It's not often you see the RTD for all being spammed and it won't happen again for another week by the same user, perhaps longer even.

I honestly think there's nothing wrong with it. The point of RTD for all is "Surprise Chaos", it adds a bit of fun to the mix. I don't think it's really that big of an issue. A price increase will decrease the amount that can be spammed; it may put people off using it entirely due to the heightened prices, in which case it loses all value and might as well be removed at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom