Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Switch from auto bhop to manual bhop at least in deathrun

sunstep

Truly Feared
The title of this thread should be self explanatory.

In deathrun auto bhop allows players to gain extreme heights and without skill and effort you can bhop through the entire map very easily. The biggest problem of this kind of bhop is trap and parkour skipping.

Do not abuse BHOP (top)​

Yes we use a BHOP plugin, but this is not to be abused to skip and/or escape traps. BHOP is a tool used to gain speed and bounce, it is not there for you to abuse.

The rules clearly say that the bhop is not made to skip traps. But I disagree with this. Not that I don't want people to skip traps, but this rule is missing something: People should not be allowed to skip traps AND parkour. Parkour in deathrun maps aren't designed to be skipped by bhop.

Switching to manual bhop solves a few problems:
1. skipping traps
2. skipping parkour
3. literally bhopping without any effort.

So please set the plugin to manual bhop if possible.

For if you don't know what the difference is between auto and manual bhop:

Auto bhop: Also known as the lazy bhop. You can hold space and get really far without effort.
Manual bhop: This bhop won't work when you hold space, you must time your jumps well. This bhop requires more skill.

Last edited:

alexrox360

Strange
I 100% agree with him. Bhopping is a cheap way to speedrun the map by going faster than the game intended them to go without giving enough time for the Activator to trip the traps off and catch them. It is heavily biased and in favor of the runners. This is seen on maps where Activator doesn't have a speed lane to run faster on.
As a mapper, the added speed boost makes them skip parkour that the mapper didn't intend them to. That takes the whole challenge out of it when they skip your traps with a plugin you didn't intend the server to use.
I know that eliminating Bhop in total is probably not what you want, but there are a few plugins out there that don't use the "Auto Bhop" and use Manual instead.

Please change the plugin to manual, as it is a pain for non bhopping players to play on a server with unfair advantages.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

I don't really like the idea of bhop being skill based like it is in Jailbreak. It makes it so that people who know how to do it properly (or secretly use a macro) have an advantage. I don't really like this in Jailbreak and I would hate to see it in Deathrun too. That being said, I do agree that the rule should be more specific stating that it's not allowed to skip parkour sections with bhop.

Bhopping is a cheap way to speedrun the map by going faster than the game intended them to go without giving enough time for the Activator to trip the traps off and catch them. It is heavily biased and in favor of the runners. This is seen on maps where Activator doesn't have a speed lane to run faster on.
If I remember correctly Benedevil gave death a speed bonus because of this reason.

sunstep

Truly Feared
The thing is that auto bhop gives literally everyone in red an advantage, which makes things even more hell for blue. Manual bhop solves this because it goes wrong for everyone once in a while even if you can do it properly and have mastered it. And it doesn't give unnecessary heights. Especially the height you can gain from auto bhop is what's makes hate it. It's not necessary and yet they have it in the server to make skipping things more easy.

sunstep

Truly Feared

Do not abuse BHOP (top)​

Yes we use a BHOP plugin, but this is not to be abused to skip and/or escape traps. BHOP is a tool used to gain speed and bounce, it is not there for you to abuse.

I'm quoting this again, but this time I'm marking the purpose why this server has bhop according to the rules. "BHOP is a tool used to gain speed and bounce" This is exactly what manual bhop does except for the bounce. It gives speed. Not crazy amount of heights to skip traps and parkour.

Mr.Wizard

Truly Feared
Staff Member

Wizyy

I am going to have to disagree with you. Bhop in our servers is unique feature that other communities don't have, which makes player know he is in Blackwonder. I reckon we would lose many players if we did this as it is more enjoyable with bhop. I have played in many other Deathruns, in other communities where they don't have this plugin and I can confirm it was not as fun as here.
It has its advantage for example, if it is freerun it doesn't matter abusing bhop and you will end the round quicker, so you can have extra rounds later.

I think Benedevil should tweak the rule, write there that you can abuse while it is freerun because now it is unwritten rule and I met many people who didn't know meaning of this rule and were arguing with me. If it is not freerun and they abuse, gather evidence, report them in forums and we will take care of it.

What I would do is: Change the bhop so we would only get high speed, but not height as it is in bhop maps. Though I don't really think it is necessary.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Can we at least get an option to toggle the bhop, so that it will be the player's choice what kind of bhop you want to use?

sunstep

Truly Feared
I mean a toggle for auto / manual bhop. Not a toggle for turning auto bhop on / off

sunstep

Truly Feared
Something I would like to mention is that a lot of people from other communities are refusing to play on blackwonder because of the current bhop plugin. I'm sure that if we switched to manual bhop, we could bring in a lot of people from other communities.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
As mentioned. We have had servers with other bhop. We have one that has no height gain but speed gain. It’s dead.

The current server is one of the most popular we have. So I don’t think the bhop is wrong

BlubberBooper

Strange
I am going to have to disagree with you. Bhop in our servers is unique feature that other communities don't have, which makes player know he is in Blackwonder. I reckon we would lose many players if we did this as it is more enjoyable with bhop. I have played in many other Deathruns, in other communities where they don't have this plugin and I can confirm it was not as fun as here.
It has its advantage for example, if it is freerun it doesn't matter abusing bhop and you will end the round quicker, so you can have extra rounds later.

I think Benedevil should tweak the rule, write there that you can abuse while it is freerun because now it is unwritten rule and I met many people who didn't know meaning of this rule and were arguing with me. If it is not freerun and they abuse, gather evidence, report them in forums and we will take care of it.

What I would do is: Change the bhop so we would only get high speed, but not height as it is in bhop maps. Though I don't really think it is necessary.
Yep, I'd agree with Mr. Wizard here. The main cause of me playing deathrun almost everyday is its unique bhop and the many tech it has. You can negate the bouncing whilst bhopping by just holding space and not crouching.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Alright even though that's kinda true, I still feel like some measures have to be taken. For example more usage of nobhop triggers in maps. Today (I'm not calling names) I saw a medic survive a trap using bhop. I hate to see this happen all the time.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom