Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined sv_allow_voice_from_file 0

• Thread starter Deleted member 2966
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2966

Kinda simple suggestion. sv_allow_voice_from_file lets people play sound from file instead of using their microphone, which allows micspammers to play music even easier. This won't stop all of them ofc, but will make their life more difficult. I don't see the point why would this stay on 1, because the only thing it does is making micspammers life easier.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Don't quote me on this but this would probably prohibit people from hearing SaySounds and possibly other sounds. It should be tried out first unless someone exactly knows what this does and what it would effect.

D

Deleted member 2966

It only works when someone tries to speak on the microphone. When that guy types voice_inputfromfile 1, tf2 will use voice_input.wav file to play on the voice chat instead of capturing his mic. Saysounds should still work, as they are downloaded automatically when someone joins the server, they are in other directory and not called voice_input.wav. There are servers who have sourcemod plugin that admins can play sounds (I don't remember its name) and it worked fine with sv_allow_voice_from_file 0.
EDIT1: As the name suggests, it allows VOICE from file, not SOUNDS from file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben.

Unremarkable
Kinda simple suggestion. sv_allow_voice_from_file lets people play sound from file instead of using their microphone, which allows micspammers to play music even easier. This won't stop all of them ofc, but will make their life more difficult. I don't see the point why would this stay on 1, because the only thing it does is making micspammers life easier.

I see what your saying and, By all means if this helps that would be great but usually a mic spammer will simply use another way "ex: blowing into mic,screaming etc." They mostly consist of young pepole who want attention i feel we need more power for votes (maybe at least a gag vote for users to acess?) Again not my call just making suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom