Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Surreal's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

Muffin

User name: Surreal

Name
Surreal

Your Age

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? No

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:240283582

Your DiscordID
A Meatshield#1476

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
> BlackWonder US | Advanced Dodgeball Server < : 85.117.240.13:27015
> BlackWonder US | Easy Dodgeball Server < : 85.117.240.8:27125
> BlackWonder US | Wave Dodgeball Server < : 85.117.240.59:27045

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I'd like to become a moderator because I noticed a distinct lack of respect for the rules and other players on the servers that I am most seen on. I am fairly popular on these servers and I figured if the rules were coming from a respected figure then they might be followed more commonly by veterans of the server and players alike.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Otaku

How often do you play TF2?
I try to be online as much as possible, but due to family commitments and school, I can only be online at certain times. A schedule has been made in the "Other Information" box so people will know when I am available. until the schedule is in effect I should be available everyday from 11am - 10pm other than Friday and Thursday

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Hacking = Permanent Ban

VoiceChat Spamming = 2 Warning(s) > 1hr-mute > 2hr-mute > 1d-mute > 2d-mute > 5d-mute > 1w-mute > 2w -mute > Perma-mute

Chat Spamming = 2 Warning(s) > 1h-gag > 2h-gag > 1d-gag > 2d-gag > 5d-gag > 1w-gag > 2w-mute > Perma-gag

Inappropriate Sprays = 2 Warning > Perma spray-ban

Toxicity (Racism/Threats/Derogatory Terms) = 3 Warning(s) > Kick > 1d-mute/gag > 2d-mute/gag > 1w-mute/gag > 2w-mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Exploitation = 2 Warning > 1hr-ban > 1d-ban > 1w-ban > Perma-ban

Advertising Cheats/Hacks = Perma mute/gag

Non-English speaking = 3 Warning(s) > Kick > 1d-mute > 2d-mute > 1w-mute > 2w-mute > Permanent mute

Misusing !calladmin = 1 Warning > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 5d-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

Admin Impersonation = 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 5d-ban > 1w-ban > Perma-ban

Idling = Moved to Spectate

Exposing Undercover Admins = Warning > 1h-mute/gag > 2h-mute/gag > 1d-mute/gag > 2d-mute/gag > 5d-mute/gag > 1w-mute/gag > 2w-mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

~Dodgeball Specific~

Rocket Delay (Orbiting longer than 10 seconds) = 2 Warning(s) > Kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

(Deliberate) Team Killing = 2 Warning(s) > Kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

(Deliberate) Rocket Glitching = 2 Warning(s) > Kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

(Easy Server) Deliberate Stealing = 3 Warning(s) > kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban >2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

Body-blocking = 2 Warning(s) > Kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

Suicide (Rocket Target) = 2 Warning(s) > Kick > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Availability Times
Timezone: EST. Schedule in effect Sep 8 2020
Mon ~ 3:30pm - 10pm
Tues - 3:30pm - 10pm
Wed - 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Thurs - NA
Fri - NA
(Every Other week) Sat - 11am - 10pm
(Every Other Week) Sun - 11am - 10pm

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Meowsicle

Unremarkable
I can say from personal experience that Meatshield is a great part of our DB community and will contribute to being apart of the team !

Now let's get started on chat logs:
There aren't any recently noticeable chat logs that were very bad. Here and there, there would be a good bit of cursing but rarely any of it was pointed toward other players.

Application (Personal Comments): Your application is looking great. Your schedule for the times you're available is very neat as well.

Besides that, thank you for reading this and I hope to see them added to our team !

Jotape

The King Of Brasil
Staff Member
Admin

jotape

Hello, just gonna make this quick review..
Exposing Undercover Admins = Warning > 1h-ban > 2h-ban > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 5d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban
We dont ban players for Undercover admins, you can mute/gag the players.

Non-English speaking = 3 Warning(s) > Kick > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban
Same to this. you don't need to ban him just mute instead.

Toxicity (Racism/Threats/Derogatory Terms) = 3 Warning(s) > Kick > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban
Same to this one. you can mute/gag him.

Advertising Cheats/Hacks = 1w-ban > 2w-ban > Perma-ban
And This one. same as the others. You don't need to ban for every single rule.

Admin Impersonation = 2 Warning > 1d-ban > 2d-ban > 5d-ban > 1w-ban > Perma-ban
And this. you can mute if it was in VoiceChat, or gag in Chat. Besides this stuff above. your application looks good. Good luck..
1597307445041.png

Last edited:

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

What do you consider Body blocking and Rocket delay, can you give us more informations

Surreal

Muffin

I consider Rocket delay orbiting for long periods of time and body blocking is when a teammate or enemy uses their hitbox to get you killed. So for example the enemy stands next to you to restrict movement or when an ally stands inside your character so that if you try to orbit, they get hit by the rocket and both players are killed. Sorry for not elaborating!
I also changed the punishments to be a little more appropriate

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Following up on Zé's response, your punishments have a few more issues.
Advertising Cheats/Hacks = 1 Warning > 1w-mute/gag > 2w-mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag
This is an immediate perma silence, a ladder isn't necessary here.
Non-English speaking = 3 Warning(s) > Kick > 1d-mute/gag > 2d-mute/gag > 1w-mute/gag > 2w-mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag
Only mutes are needed here, people are permitted to use other languages in text chat.
Admin Impersonation = 2 Warning > 1d-mute/gag > 2d-mute/gag > 5d-mute/gag > 1w-mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag
This is acceptable to ban people for.
You don't appear to have any punishments on record and your ladders look decent otherwise.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Welcome to the team, I have sent you a message on discord. You will be moderating:
► BlackWonder US | Dodgeball Advanced ◄
► BlackWonder US | Wave Dodgeball ◄
► BlackWonder US | Easy Dodgeball ◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom