Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Surfing stairs on turbine considered "spawn-camping"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

What was your type of punishment?:
Ban

What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:62578760

Who has punished you?
Kerknor

Why were you punished?
Spawn camping????

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Well, I guess surfing the stairs to intel room is considered spawn camping now. The players (including the admins were sitting in spawn afk) were not present, so I decided to surf the ctf_turbine stairs. The admins gave me no warning. Then I was slayed for carrying the intel back to our intel. Next, came the ban for which reasons I suppose spawn camping. I even have the thing recorded so lmfao gl I guess.

Ezra

Mildly Menacing

Ezra

I have the demo from my perspective (I was pocketing him and I was on before he was on). It's the full demo. I also have a YouTube video explaining background info.

Attachments

• TurbineMedicPerspective.dem
    44.4 MB · Views: 284

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning Raiin

I don't know half of what all you were talking about up there so I will just post the video of the spawn camping. For others wanting/needing extra context, this was after their buddy John was banned and Raiin was gagged as well.
https://tfstats.tf/player/64533 For the reasons on his gag. Very apparent on just page 1.

Now my video doesn't have all the bells and whistles, the music, conversations, or diary entries, but it does show the spawn camping which wasn't in your video since the medic wasn't around you when it happened. So not sure the point of the posted video's relevance at all since he wasn't there.

I will leave this open for review until I get back this evening.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

I shot at no one, yall were afk???? ?

Also, there was no warning after i "spawn camped" yall just slayed and banned me instantly

also, your pov of me jumping was toward the end of the yt video where i left shutter and was slayed, while the medic was waiting in mid.

Last edited:

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

What is the time/tick evidence of this
In the YT that I posted, towards the end from 2:35 mark is where the POV from Kerknor's video, at the 2:55 mark you can see me with my escape plan walking out of shutter and in the top right it shows I was slayed and shortly after banned, as you can see in chat. I also received no warnings. I've only received a mute/gag for typing a few things in chat, that was all. It was unnecessary to ban me and John after no warning at all, as clearly seen within the video.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

As someone who has admined/modded/staffed numerous servers through out the CS S/1.6/1.4/TF/TFC/TF2 communities, you should not have acted in a way like that. It shows lack of admin appreciation and if you aren't able to put up with a players shenanigans without giving warning, this shows me how inexperienced you are. I was gaged for what was said in chat, which did not bother me at all, and nothing else was said after that. However, I do not appreciate the careless act to ban someone as tiny as seen in the POV. Even with a POV that in real time lasted less than 10 seconds, it still confuses me how you believe you were in the right although it was my first "offence" on spawn camping. I strongly do believe an action should be taken towards you. With your attitude and what was said as "If I was concerned about my rep, I would be crying in a corner", it greatly shows why the community is like this.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
As someone who has admined/modded/staffed numerous servers through out the CS S/1.6/1.4/TF/TFC/TF2 communities, you should not have acted in a way like that. It shows lack of admin appreciation and if you aren't able to put up with a players shenanigans without giving warning, this shows me how inexperienced you are. I was gaged for what was said in chat, which did not bother me at all, and nothing else was said after that. However, I do not appreciate the careless act to ban someone as tiny as seen in the POV. Even with a POV that in real time lasted less than 10 seconds, it still confuses me how you believe you were in the right although it was my first "offence" on spawn camping. I strongly do believe an action should be taken towards you. With your attitude and what was said as "If I was concerned about my rep, I would be crying in a corner", it greatly shows why the community is like this.

So you have a plethora of admin experience but you all believe you need to be told not to break the most common rule of FPS's?

The community is "like this" because of people who knowing run around and break rules. There was no minutia to get lost in here.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

What rules were broken? Clearly I wasnt spawn camping. Clearly only a few words were said in chat? Im lost here please explain what was wrong lmfao. Yall are a joke this is unacceptable.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
What rules were broken?

Of humanity? Being a furry

Of tf2? Shooting at an enemy's spawn. Personally, I would just kicked you, but a ban was the admin's prerogative. It doesn't seem personal or targeted and the rule is clearly posted when you enter the server so I'm not sure what you want to happen right now. Additionally your ban is already expired so I feel like this is a waste of time.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

A waste? I was given no warning. The ban was unnecessary, there were many problems. And you simply state " The rule is clearly posted when you enter the server"? Yea no shit. And to come at me with "Of humanity? Being a furry " holy retardation right here. How are you a fucking admin by replying like this. Clearly you replying like this is a sign that you have no respect for this conversation and atleast trying to keep it professional. And to just to simply "wait out the ban" without even trying to go into this shows how responsible your staff is. Not even trying to look into this. Holy shit I've never met more retarded admins in my life.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

And to simply "shoot at the enemies spawn", so if I were to simply rocket jump, as in the clip, into the spawn would I be banned for "shooting at the spawn" would I be banned for this also? The rule is not clear enough especially on maps like hightower and turbine. What I want to happen, is A) this admin needs to be checked, B) the rules need to be restated. Because I shot at the spawn but no one was even playing, the admin sat in spawn for a straight 5 minutes, within that time I was rocket jumping through their spawn. And I shot 1 rocket leaving, then I get slayed and instantly banned? What kind of admin leadership is this. Obviously there needs to be something done to him because if he's going to do this to 3 people on the same server is pretty insane.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
And to simply "shoot at the enemies spawn", so if I were to simply rocket jump, as in the clip, into the spawn would I be banned for "shooting at the spawn" would I be banned for this also? The rule is not clear enough especially on maps like hightower and turbine. What I want to happen, is A) this admin needs to be checked, B) the rules need to be restated. Because I shot at the spawn but no one was even playing, the admin sat in spawn for a straight 5 minutes, within that time I was rocket jumping through their spawn. And I shot 1 rocket leaving, then I get slayed and instantly banned? What kind of admin leadership is this. Obviously there needs to be something done to him because if he's going to do this to 3 people on the same server is pretty insane.

You said you were an admin for various other places, you should know better. Also, it is on the rules you have to dismiss when you join and it is here on the rules. It is not our unpaid job to sit every player down and make them sign off, acknowledging every rule.

Nothing is going to happen... actually

@Kerknor make it 12 instead of 24hrs for first offense.

There, feel better?

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

Even with video evidence you feel as if I was spawn camping? I wasn't even sitting in the spawn area for more than a second. The fact that a ban was needed to solve the situation is absolutely ridiculous. And don't admins have to give a series of things they would do if a player committed an offence? I'm guessing it was his FIRST choice for a FIRST time offence to be a ban on such a small offence? Hmm... I clearly remember a first time offence would result in a gag or a kick. There obviously seems to be a problem with this particular admin. And to keep trying to escalate the topic doesn't solve/make anything better "There, feel better?". How about actually approaching the situation as a real "Staff Member" or "Admin" as it says on your profile, instead of acting childish.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Even with video evidence you feel as if I was spawn camping? I wasn't even sitting in the spawn area for more than a second. The fact that a ban was needed to solve the situation is absolutely ridiculous. And don't admins have to give a series of things they would do if a player committed an offence? I'm guessing it was his FIRST choice for a FIRST time offence to be a ban on such a small offence? Hmm... I clearly remember a first time offence would result in a gag or a kick. There obviously seems to be a problem with this particular admin. And to keep trying to escalate the topic doesn't solve/make anything better "There, feel better?". How about actually approaching the situation as a real "Staff Member" or "Admin" as it says on your profile, instead of acting childish.

I've been here a few weeks, there's no standard requirement for warnings.

Raiin

Strange

dyl4n

Is there not a "Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play" ? While applying for an admin position.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Head Admin here,

Your bout of words will ultimately prove fruitless after the nature of this thread becoming a case of you importuning my subordinates overnight. Your crude vernacular on the server as well as poor sportsmanship within the confines of the forums have thus far proven to display an atenuation to your appeal plea. To avoid further absconding of this thread I’m afraid I will have to archive it. However you may still be in a state of minor stupor which I will regretfully have to forsook without resolution at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom