Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestions for Versus Saxton Hale Servers

Nova.

Notably Dangerous
I believe that the VSH servers are pretty plain, so here are some suggestions!

Medics should be able to overheal when they activate ubercharge.
Detonator/Flare Gun/Scorch Shot Should deal crit afterburn, instead of just the 3 damage per tick, make it a crit 12 damage per tick.
*Please* have more than one map, sky-high gets really boring.
Make the pools on sky-high easier to get out of. It is incredibly difficult and Is basically left up to chance.

Demoman's shield should re-appear after 2000 damage has been dealt by the player.
Make the fall take less health, 85%ish is a lot of damage to any class.
Make Demoman's head gaining melees (Nine Iron, Eyelander, HHH Melee) give 1 head per 2 hits, not 1 per one. it's super annoying to deal with.
I'll add more suggestions when I think of them.

Last edited:

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

I don't think demo needs his shield recharging as he is already very strong with just one shield being able to survive three hits before dying and then being able to be revived. Hale shouldn't need to worry about demos having their shields recharged.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Medics getting overheal irrelevant. They can tank a hit with the overheal but most of the time they'll be focused the moment their uber wears off anyway.

Pyros getting crits on secondary's afterburn is broken. Pyro is strong enough depending on the role they take within the team. They can top damage if they wish to, and are a nightmare for hales if they're good with airblasts.

Demoshield is a get-out-of-jail-free card. You're sacrificing burst damage for a free hit and extra mobility.

The fall damage is fine. It's punishment for falling down.

Demo's head-gaining melees are fine with 1head per hit. If you're unable to land those hits there's a good chance you're dead as you're sacrificing health in the short-term for better survivability in the long-term.

In regards to the phlog, or anyone that's crits boosted.... You have a rage, and you have a superjump/wallclimb to avoid the worst of the damage.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Medics getting overheal irrelevant. They can tank a hit with the overheal but most of the time they'll be focused the moment their uber wears off anyway.

Pyros getting crits on secondary's afterburn is broken. Pyro is strong enough depending on the role they take within the team. They can top damage if they wish to, and are a nightmare for hales if they're good with airblasts.

Demoshield is a get-out-of-jail-free card. You're sacrificing burst damage for a free hit and extra mobility.

The fall damage is fine. It's punishment for falling down.

Demo's head-gaining melees are fine with 1head per hit. If you're unable to land those hits there's a good chance you're dead as you're sacrificing health in the short-term for better survivability in the long-term.

In regards to the phlog, or anyone that's crits boosted.... You have a rage, and you have a superjump/wallclimb to avoid the worst of the damage.
The overheal wouldn't be overly helpful, but it would at least give medic a single combat option if he has an uber ready, instead of just being completely screwed.
I agree with all the other points except fall damage. While there should be a punishment for falling, it should be a consistent one. There's no reason I should take 20 damage from one fall then get one-hit killed from another if both have the same fall speed and starting position.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
“Demoman's shield should re-appear after 2000” Most demoman/Knight only deal around 1000/2000 damage At the end of the round so make it like 700??? Idk admin decide
I think you might just not know any good demoknights, because they almost always are in the top 3 in terms of damage. Only ever seem to be outdone by soldiers who know how to rocket jump and snipers who stick themselves in a particularly tricky spot.

Luna<3

Truly Feared

de_luna

Oh I know sometimes they get 2k sometimes 10k and going on but the average demoman/knight get around 2k at the end of the round as an AVERAGE

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Oh I know sometimes they get 2k sometimes 10k and going on but the average demoman/knight get around 2k at the end of the round as an AVERAGE
I'd say they're pretty balanced then. You have the tools to output 10k damage, you just need the skills to pull it off. Giving a demoknight a free shield every 700 damage will just make them much stronger and completely unbalanced. I don't even think they need a shield after 2k damage, to be honest.

Luna<3

Truly Feared

de_luna

I'd say they're pretty balanced then. You have the tools to output 10k damage, you just need the skills to pull it off. Giving a demoknight a free shield every 700 damage will just make them much stronger and completely unbalanced. I don't even think they need a shield after 2k damage, to be honest.
I guess your right

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
I believe that the VSH servers are pretty plain, so here are some suggestions!

Medics should be able to overheal when they activate ubercharge.
Detonator/Flare Gun/Scorch Shot Should deal crit afterburn, instead of just the 3 damage per tick, make it a crit 12 damage per tick.
*Please* have more than one map, sky-high gets really boring.
Make the pools on sky-high easier to get out of. It is incredibly difficult and Is basically left up to chance.

Demoman's shield should re-appear after 2000 damage has been dealt by the player.
Make the fall take less health, 85%ish is a lot of damage to any class.
Make Demoman's head gaining melees (Nine Iron, Eyelander, HHH Melee) give 1 head per 2 hits, not 1 per one. it's super annoying to deal with.
I'll add more suggestions when I think of them.

I thought you can already overheal people when you have uber? Maybe I didn't notice it.
EDIT: I misunderstood the suggestion. I thought it was the ability to overheal other players while ubered. As a person who mostly plays medic in VSH I don't think he should be able to overheal himself. It would just make hale's job more painful as ubers are already annoying as fuck to deal with.
The crit afterburn makes pyro more annoying. Also, it would do 180 damage, a bit overpowered in my opinion. It's fine how it is but maybe making the afterburn mini-crit for 5 damage per tick wouldn't be a bad idea.
I don't think the shield should have a mechanic where the demoman can regenerate it. Once it's gone it should be gone forever unless you get revived.
The fall damage thing isn't a big deal since there's 2 health packs right there. I think it should only be reduced for heavy since it does 125 damage or something like that but I don't know if it's possible to only change it for heavy.
I think it's fine how it is. Whenever I'm hale and have had to deal with it I never got that annoyed.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom