Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Suggestion to revert VSH 1:00 Timer

KomaBob

Unremarkable

Niklas

I am suggesting a revert to the latest update to the VSH servers that included the timer being reduced to 1:00 minute when there is 1 player left on the red team.

Why? Because it is extremely unfair to the boss when he has to beat e.g. a spy spamming invisibility or a scout spamming atomizer in just 1 minute, as it is quite difficult beating those classes in such a little time.

Furthermore, a "Tie" is also considered a win by pretty much all players playing on the red team. (Not that this matter that much at all, but still)

So far I have seen spies and scouts that on purpose went hiding and/or fleeing the whole game (dealing about 0 damage to the boss and not contributing to their team at all), knowing that they likely would be the last person to be alive, then camp and/or flee for the last minute, thus achieving a rather easy win. I do not believe that this is "healthy" gameplay at all.

It is overall a quite unbalanced update and I know that multiple people on the server agree with that it should be reverted OR at least extended to more than just 1 minute.

At the same time, I would also like to praise the fix of the "medic-decline-revive-exploit" - that is a great update, thank you.

Have a nice day.

- KomaBob

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

First of all I suggest you make a poll and second of all, I agree to an extend. We should instead Convert it to 2-3 minutes as it prevents camping for long periods of time and hale receives the time that is needed to kill the last person. Dead's usually ghost if there is one last person camping so 2 minutes or 3 minutes should be enough. I also agree with the tie thingy you mentioned, you do not, at all, get the same satisfaction as a hale losing with 10k health to one player than winning against all players with 10k health.

Also, what do you mean by the Medic exploit? Is it the one when you click decline, respawn, and being able to live again with 2 lives again? Because that issue was fixed by Benedevil.
Scratch that, I read it wrong.

KomaBob

Unremarkable

Niklas

First of all I suggest you make a poll and second of all, I agree to an extend. We should instead Convert it to 2-3 minutes as it prevents camping for long periods of time and hale receives the time that is needed to kill the last person. Dead's usually ghost if there is one last person camping so 2 minutes or 3 minutes should be enough. I also agree with the tie thingy you mentioned, you do not, at all, get the same satisfaction as a hale losing with 10k health to one player than winning against all players with 10k health.

Also, what do you mean by the Medic exploit? Is it the one when you click decline, respawn, and being able to live again with 2 lives again? Because that issue was fixed by Benedevil. Scratch that, I read it wrong.

Hi Vick.

Thank you for your response.

I made a poll, hopefully, with the best selection of choices.

- KomaBob

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
If we keep it at 1-2 minutes both players should have beacon or outline turned on. However, I believe that the prevents round delay from either side so I think that it should be kept the same or have a similar mechanic.

KomaBob

Unremarkable

Niklas

If we keep it at 1-2 minutes both players should have beacon or outline turned on. However, I believe that the prevents round delay from either side so I think that it should be kept the same or have a similar mechanic.

Hi Tax

I strongly agree with you in that both players should have beacon and/or outline turned on, that is a great idea and will definitely help speed the game up when there is 1 player left on the red team.

So far I have never experienced "on purpose" round delays myself (when there is 1 player left on the red team).
So I still believe the update should be reverted.

Thanks for the response.

- KomaBob

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
The timer only goes off when Hale has over a thousand hp versus the last red. It prevents a scout from just jumping for 20 minutes and wasting everyone's time because he camped for last.

Also you "considering a draw a win" doesn't have anything to do with the timer plugin or an argument against it.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Instead of ending in a tie, it should result in a Hale victory. More often than not, Hale will win these 1v1s whether it be through rage or without. It's very rare for the last person to win in under a minute if the hale has over 1k HP.

If it ends in a tie, a red could easily interpret this as "its better than losing" and choose to hide for the final minute instead of trying to kill Hale.

KomaBob

Unremarkable

Niklas

Instead of ending in a tie, it should result in a Hale victory. More often than not, Hale will win these 1v1s whether it be through rage or without. It's very rare for the last person to win in under a minute if the hale has over 1k HP.

If it ends in a tie, a red could easily interpret this as "its better than losing" and choose to hide for the final minute instead of trying to kill Hale.

First; If it is decided that the new timer mechanic should stay, I then agree that hale should win when the "1:00 timer" runs out, of course, as long as there is only 1 person left on the red team.

Second; I also strongly agree that red players easily interpret it as "better than loosing" and choose to hide for the final minute instead of trying to kill hale - that is clearly true of what I can tell from experience with people playing as you described. I have seen a growth in this playstyle ever since the update to the timer. Furthermore, I also see red players claiming it was "ez gg" when the timer ran out, which just supports the above.

Third; I believe you are right in that it is rare for the last person to win versus the hale when the hale has more than 1k hp, which I see as another reason to why red should not "win" (achieving tie) as a result of the timer running out.

BUT, I still believe that there are better alternative solutions to this problem, one of them being e.g. enabling beacon and outline on the last player and hale.

I hope to see the discussion keep going and more poll votes.

- KomaBob

Last edited:

KomaBob

Unremarkable

Niklas

The timer only goes off when Hale has over a thousand hp versus the last red. It prevents a scout from just jumping for 20 minutes and wasting everyone's time because he camped for last.

Also you "considering a draw a win" doesn't have anything to do with the timer plugin or an argument against it.

Hi Jim

I know the timer prevents e.g. scouts from just jumping for 20 minutes. But luckily, when the hale even manages to kill all the reds (except the last player), it is quite rare if there are more than 10 5 minutes left (ofc. not if only a few people are playing on the server, then this obviously does not apply), so I believe that your example is a bit exaggerated.

On the other hand, I agree with you in that it is STILL wasting everyone's time when there is such players as this scout - and that is obviously a problem.

I just do not believe that the best solution is to reduce the timer to 1:00 minute, making it so difficult even for experienced hales to win versus those "time-waste-players".
I believe that there are better solutions to the problem, as previously mentioned.

Thank you for your view and comment.

I hope to see the discussion keep going and more poll votes.

- KomaBob

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello,

I changed the plugin such that the hale wins after the time runs out, as I believe it is the goal of the players to kill hale in the given amount of time.

Thanks,
Ben

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom