Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Sticklings's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticklings

Unremarkable
User name: Sticklings

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:503128382

Who has punished you?
CONSOLE

Why were you punished?
SourceSleuth: Duplicate account

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I'll lay down basic facts first. I not only have 1530 hours on Team Fortress 2 as of right now, as well as this being my main account, but I have had a lot of fun playing on your servers and would like to play once again. You likely know who I am from my previous posts and I can tell you: I'm not the guy you're trying to ban. First of all, my previously mentioned brother was using cheats on my computer using an alternate account, as said in one of my previous appeals.

Sticklings said:
My brother, using my computer, used an aimbot and got banned almost immediately. After he got VAC banned from casual, he relogged into my account and left my computer. When I tried to reconnect to an achievement engineer server, I was banned.
I've been playing on this server for quite a while now, and its members can confirm it. My account is a pay to play tf2 account with over 1000 hours on it, so I'm very passionate about the game and didn't create a throwaway just to cheat on a server I like playing on.
It appears to be a permanent ban from all BlackWonder servers and I still have friends here! I normally wouldn't have taken the time and just went to another server, but the experience just isn't the same, it wasn't my fault that my brother thought it was funny to cheat.

Apparently BlackWonder has a very strict rule against letting cheaters come back to the servers, and that's totally understandable, considering what most cheaters are, young kids who don't want to put time into getting good at the game. They'd rather spend their money buying a cheat to make other people suffer, but then people with actual skill defeat them easily, and they get mad because they tried to download skill and failed. The thing is, I'm not that person.

In fact, I've never used Team Fortress 2 cheats in my life, and never have. My brother, on the other hand, is just that person I was describing. I, for one, despise cheaters in the game, and they are extremely annoying and a chore to deal with.

I know exactly what you're thinking right now: "But sticklings, didn't you say you did the bad and now it's unforgivable and we won't listen to you waaaaa"

And to that I say, "hush now, I'll dump proof on you".

In other words, I've lied, but I only lied because an admin told me that if I just admitted to hacking, even though I had not, he would consider unbanning me:

Puddin² said:
Buddy, come on, if you just admit to hacking, I'll consider unbanning you.
If not, we can just go at this all night.

Honestly, it was a foolish move to lie to this guy to get an easy way out, and that was because he did not care what I had to say, he had a plan, because shortly after that, another admin came and finished the deal off, without any chance for me to have another rebuttal.

RainbowRobb said:
Neat, we don't ever unbans cheaters. And no one will ever believe the other account is your brother's. We shall forever assume you are a 58yo woman who lives with a thousand cats. Have a purrrrrfect day.

This, while harsh, but clever, was what I didn't expect, but I had it coming for me. They just wanted me to confess falsely so that they could get me off the platform as soon as possible, because I'm just a mess to deal with, aren't I? That's beside the point, however. On my first appeal, I was immediately returned with Alex.bsp saying:

Alex.bsp said:
I'm sorry, but we don't unban cheaters. Your computer, your responsibility.

, which was considerate of him, but once again, someone believed that pounding me into the ground was the best way to keep me from coming back. When I asked what I could do to prove my innocence: I was met with this.

CashPrizes said:
Live with the consequences.

This was very discouraging, but I would not be knocked down that easily. I wanted to come back to my favorite server, and once again connect to a BlackWonder server and be accepted as one of them again!

All the time I was in the server, everyone (with one exception) was regularly kind to me. I made friends, familiars, and I traded with people. Heck, if I had never connected to that particular server, I would not be where I am today with trading! I amassed a lot of cool hats, strange weapons, and am currently in the process of buying enough raw keys to begin unusual trading!

I beg of you guys, you can even check the particular server I was in. I would log in nearly every day, use the services as much as possible, and had loads of fun there. Unfortunately, now, I can't do that anymore. No other server network has the right recipe for such an amazing experience. It's not the same map, everything is locked into a mode, grapple hooks are enabled, or something else that just sets me off. I sincerely loved joining your servers, and I hated the fact that I ended up being banned for what I believe was unjust, seeing as it wasn't even I who did something wrong. Please read over this appeal, please consider unbanning me. I've been stuck on this forum that many enjoy smacking me down, and I'd be happy even if I couldn't come back to this forum, but so long as I can reconnect to even just ONE particular server ( ► BlackWonder NY | Achievement Engineer as far as the ban list can tell me), I would be forever grateful.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Hello.
I was digging through your previous appeals, and I found some inconsistencies throughout.

According to Sourcebans The account, crackhead, was banned on 23/05, 11:50PM. You were banned a day after. This is where the inconsistency comes in.
there was no warning. I was playing for about 40 seconds and then bam, banned. My brother was banned. I was banned.
You claimed in your previous appeal that you were banned 40 seconds after you started playing. Based on how you were telling your 'point of view', it also seemed that you were playing with your brother during the time.

However, according to Sourcebans, you weren't ban 40 seconds after. You were ban an entire day after your 'brother' was. Are you telling me that you lost the ability to tell time by a huge margin?

you can even check the particular server I was in.
I checked, and this was what I found. According to crackhead's tfstat, they joined at 05:47PM. Playing for only three minutes before getting banned. You, on the other hand, joined at 04:55PM and left at 05:20PM. Statistically, both accounts never played at the same. In fact, you joined and left earlier before crackhead joined. The only consistent thing related to your story was that you both did in fact join the same server, but honestly that information really is not in your favor.

IMG_20200703_080856.jpg

IMG_20200703_080824.jpg

Below are replies not related to my statements above, and specifically towards @Sticklings' responses.
In other words, I've lied, but I only lied because an admin told me that if I just admitted to hacking, even though I had not, he would consider unbanning me
The emphasis on the word 'admitted'. I'm sure you would've noticed the words used. You dug yourself into a deeper hole because you were so desperate to get out of it. If you were in fact innocent, you would've continuously justified yourself. This is entirely on you.

This, while harsh, but clever, was what I didn't expect, but I had it coming for me. They just wanted me to confess falsely so that they could get me off the platform as soon as possible, because I'm just a mess to deal with, aren't I?
We didn't want you to confess falsely. You wanted a get-out-of-jail free card. If we really wanted you off the platform, you wouldn't even be able to speak about this right now. I don't think anyone finds this a mess either, I certainly don't and I'm the one replying to you with all of this.

someone believed that pounding me into the ground was the best way to keep me from coming back.
This was very discouraging, but I would not be knocked down that easily.
What you've quoted aren't meant to be demoralizing. They are literally how we respond to cheaters, especially those who fooloshly admitted to it thinking we'll forgive them.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Intriguingly long post from both of you with lots of thought put into it. Unfortunately we are not unbanning you ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom