Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Steve Harvey Oswald's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
User name: Steve Harvey Oswald

Name
Steve

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:50383750

Your DiscordID FriendlyNeighborhoodMilkman#6488

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Dishonest Gamers DarkRP (2013), Dishonest Gamers TF2 (2013).

Both servers are long gone, unfortunately.

On what servers do you usually play on?
24/7 Skyhigh Resort
NY 2Fort
TX 2Fort
LA 2Fort

Minecraft under the name "Friendly Milkman"

Occasionally I'll hop on whatever trade_minecraft server is populated or Slender, but I haven't done that recently.

Why would you like to become an admin?
Given my work schedule, the hours in which I play TF2 happens to be in the wee hours of the night. 12 AM, 1 AM, 2AM, hours not usually populated by admins at this time. Rumor has it that the visibility of community servers is going to be worked on in the next update, meaning that we will be getting more and more players during these hours where we have no admins available. Given that Blackwonder is the only group of community servers I play on anymore, I would hate for anything to happen during the night that could have been easily avoided, such as a cheater driving away a large number of players.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Alex
Drax
Fish
Vick
Jim
Jam
Melectrome

When are you usually available to play?
Anywhere between 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play
GENERAL RULES:

Being offensive: Warning, 1 hour mute, 2 hour mute, 1 day mute, 3 day mute, 1 week mute, 1 month mute, permanent mute,

Micspam (including foreign languages): Warning, 1 hour mute, 2 hour mute, 1 day mute, 3 day mute, 1 week mute, 1 month mute, permanent mute.

Innapropriate content (Conscientious Objector): Warning, kick, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, week ban, month ban, permanent ban

Innapropriate Spray: Warning, permanent spray ban

Cheating and/or advertising cheats: Record demo, instant permaban

Exploiting: Warning, Slay, Kick, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, permanent ban.

VERSUS SAXTON HALE RULES:

Camping: Warn, Slay, Kick, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 5 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, 2 month ban, permanent ban

Delaying: Warn, Slay, Kick, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 5 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, 2 month ban, permanent ban

Being Friendly: Warn, Slay, Kick, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 5 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, 2 month ban, permanent ban

2FORT RULES:

Spawncamping: Warn, Slay, Kick, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 5 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, 2 month ban, permanent ban

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I will say that I very intentionally chose this date to apply. This is the "I'm going to get you guys so good" I told you about months ago. Knowing that there would be swarms of fake applications, I thought it would be funny to stick in a real application amongst them. Other people had the same idea, as it turns out, but unlike them, this is very much a real application.

My apologies for choosing today and creating confusion. I'm afraid I've already started this application off on the wrong foot. I was hoping it was going to be a "No way, Steve made an actual application, the absolute madman." situation rather than a "Steve is this real" situation. Now let's get on with ripping me apart, shall we?

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Being offensive: Warning, 1 hour mute, 2 hour mute, 1 day mute, 3 day mute, 1 week mute, 1 month mute, permanent mute
It can also be a gag.

Everything looks fine to me. Your chatlogs are almost spotless and your application is very well made. You are mature in both discord and in-game as proven in the chatlogs.

+Support unless anything negative comes up, which I doubt.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
Your application looks good and your chat logs are almost completely clean. There really isn't much to say, as you just seem like a good applicant overall.
If nothing suspicious is found,
+Support

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
Vick and Egg pretty much said it all. Your application is well made and your chatlogs are good (this applies for ingame & discord). Overall I think you would do great as an admin.
+Support

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
You've been around for a pretty long time, and i don't recall hearing anything bad or negative about you.

Generally speaking I think the VSH punishments are alright, though I recommend instead of using !slay, perhaps you could use !timebomb.
!timebomb gives 10 seconds to the player to act, if he doesn't stop the rule breaking, he'll die, if he does, you would have the !timebomb command ready again, in case they got out of a camping spot or stopped being friendly or something. (Personally i always do that)

Though i'm a bit surprised you didn't mention ghosting.
I have a question, do you think you have a great understanding of how VSH works, and their rules? (Rules which also are derived from common sense, e.g when is and isn't ghosting allowed.)

Overall i think I'll hold on for now until you answer my question, if it's what i'm expecting or hoping for, then It's a +Support from me.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
You've been around for a pretty long time, and i don't recall hearing anything bad or negative about you.

Generally speaking I think the VSH punishments are alright, though I recommend instead of using !slay, perhaps you could use !timebomb.
!timebomb gives 10 seconds to the player to act, if he doesn't stop the rule breaking, he'll die, if he does, you would have the !timebomb command ready again, in case they got out of a camping spot or stopped being friendly or something. (Personally i always do that)

Though i'm a bit surprised you didn't mention ghosting.
I have a question, do you think you have a great understanding of how VSH works, and their rules? (Rules which also are derived from common sense, e.g when is and isn't ghosting allowed.)

Overall i think I'll hold on for now until you answer my question, if it's what i'm expecting or hoping for, then It's a +Support from me.
I honestly had no clue there was a time bomb command, I've never had the luxury to see the few admins I do bump into use it. This does sound better than instantly slaying, however, so I think I will be using your method here.

And yes, I do think I have a great understanding of how VSH works, it's implied rules. I have been playing the gamemode since about 2013 on a server called SMC, and then I stumbled onto Blackwonder 3 years later looking to find a server good enough to replace it. My introduction thread exclusively mentions VSH.

I will say, however, that I dont play any of the VSH servers besides 24/7 Skyhigh resort anymore. They tend to turn into "24/7 Military Arena" and that map is straight up unfun to play. Of course, if it is necessary, I can and will join the other servers, it's just a matter of personal preference to play Skyhigh. I wont let unfun maps get in the way of any adminly duties.

Given that I tend to only play on 24/7 Skyhigh, I hope it's understandable that I forgot to mention ghosting. Everybody is well accustomed to the secrets of Skyhigh, every single nook and cranny somebody could possibly be hiding in. Usually, if a Hale is unable to find somebody, they'll find them real quick. I've rarely seen users feel the need to ghost.

If a user were to prematurely ghost, the punishments would go a little something like this:

Warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 2 hour mute/gag, 1 day mute/gag, 3 day mute/gag, 1 week mute/gag, 1 month mute/gag, permanent mute/gag

Hopefully that was what you were hoping to hear, but if not, feel free to correct me and keep the questions coming.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I honestly had no clue there was a time bomb command, I've never had the luxury to see the few admins I do bump into use it. This does sound better than instantly slaying, however, so I think I will be using your method here.

And yes, I do think I have a great understanding of how VSH works, it's implied rules. I have been playing the gamemode since about 2013 on a server called SMC, and then I stumbled onto Blackwonder 3 years later looking to find a server good enough to replace it. My introduction thread exclusively mentions VSH.

I will say, however, that I dont play any of the VSH servers besides 24/7 Skyhigh resort anymore. They tend to turn into "24/7 Military Arena" and that map is straight up unfun to play. Of course, if it is necessary, I can and will join the other servers, it's just a matter of personal preference to play Skyhigh. I wont let unfun maps get in the way of any adminly duties.

Given that I tend to only play on 24/7 Skyhigh, I hope it's understandable that I forgot to mention ghosting. Everybody is well accustomed to the secrets of Skyhigh, every single nook and cranny somebody could possibly be hiding in. Usually, if a Hale is unable to find somebody, they'll find them real quick. I've rarely seen users feel the need to ghost.

If a user were to prematurely ghost, the punishments would go a little something like this:

Warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 2 hour mute/gag, 1 day mute/gag, 3 day mute/gag, 1 week mute/gag, 1 month mute/gag, permanent mute/gag

Hopefully that was what you were hoping to hear, but if not, feel free to correct me and keep the questions coming.

Sorry for the late reply.
Anyways, YES, this is what i was hoping for.
I'm really glad to see another someone who really loves VSH as much as i do, and also understands it.
The punishment is fine too I'd say.

Overall, best of luck! +Support

Overkill

a byte

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Jokes aside, your app is good and well formulated.
Your punishments look reasonable and we're really in a need of a VSH Admin other than Lala (who's not an admin though, just a mod).

The only complaint that i have is that you don't look very active, but as i'm not sure if TFStats were bugged or not, i can't say much
Just give this dude admin already, he deserves it, +goodmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom