Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending starm0nster's Moderator Application

starm0nster

Strange
Username: starm0nster

Name
starm0nster

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/18545594

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:528354953

Your DiscordID
starm0nster

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
BlackWonder BR vsh skyhigh 24/7 i've been a regular player for a few years

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Sometimes campers (generally low hp bosses, or should they be classified as delay?) show up and there are currently there are no moderators, as someone who plays every day it's frustating being powerless. Friendlies also show up from time to time and disrupt the momentum of the game or sometimes the boss might intentionaly ignore other players.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
zbluuuey

How often do you play TF2?
daily, however due to personal reasons i may not be able to keep the same amount of hours played in the future but i'll try my best to look after the server

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Camping -> Warn -> 2ºWarn -> Smite/Slay -> Kick -> Ban (15mins) -> 2ºBan (30mins) -> 3ºBan (1hr) -> 4ºBan (6hrs) -> 5ºBan (12hrs) -> 6ºBan (1 day) -> 7ºBan (3 days) -> 8ºBan (1 week) -> 9ºBan (2 weeks) -> 10ºBan (1 mon) -> 11ºBan (2 mon)
-> 12ºBan (perm)

Delay/Friendly -> Warn -> 2ºWarn- > Smite/Slay -> Kick -> Ban (10mins) -> 2ºBan (20mins) -> 3ºBan (40mins) -> 4ºBan (1hr) -> 5ºBan (2hr) -> 6ºBan (3hrs) -> 7ºBan (6hrs) -> 8ºBan (12hrs) -> 9ºBan (1 day) -> 10ºBan (1 day 12 hrs) -> 11ºBan (2 days)
-> 12ºBan (3 days ) -> 13ºBan (1 week) -> 14ºBan (2 weeks) -> 15ºBan (1 mon) -> 16ºBan (2 mon) -> 17ºBan (perm)

Hacking(Wallhack/Aimbot/etc.) Observe, if enough conving evidence gathered (demo footage) -> Ban (perm)

Mic/Chatspam or -> Warn -> 2ºWarn- > Mute/gag(10mins) -> 2ºMute/gag(1hr) -> Kick -> Ban (10mins) -> 2ºBan (20mins) -> 3ºBan (40mins) -> 4ºBan (1hr) -> 5ºBan (2hr) -> 6ºBan (3hrs) -> 7ºBan (6hrs) -> 8ºBan (12hrs) -> 9ºBan (1 day) -> 10ºBan (1 day 12 hrs) -> 11ºBan (2 days) -> 12ºBan (3 days ) -> 13ºBan (1 week) -> 14ºBan (2 weeks) -> 15ºBan (1 mon) -> 16ºBan (2 mon) -> 17ºBan (perm)

Bug/Exploit abuser -> Warn -> 2ºWarn -> Smite/Slay -> Kick -> Ban (30mins) -> 2ºBan (1hr) -> 3ºBan (2hrs) -> 4ºBan (12hr) -> 5ºBan (1 day) -> 6ºBan (3 days) -> 7ºBan (1 week) -> 8ºBan (2 weeks)
-> 9ºBan (1 mon) -> 10ºBan (2 mon) -> 11ºBan (perm)

Inappropriate Spray or Objector ->Warn -> Sprayban(perm)

Extreme Toxicity or Offensive communication -> Warn -> [using the the appropriate method if player uses mic or chat].
Mute/gag(15mins) -> 2ºMute/gag(45mins) -> 3ºMute/gag(perm)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I am also acquainted with most if not all other regulars on the server, i also made a discord server which has some of these acquainted vsh players. Sometimes i host servers for us to play in tf2 or other tf2 mods like tf2c and open fortress. I made and intend to continue making youtube videos in the blackwonder vsh server though some videos are in portuguese they are mostly funny moments or gameplay highlights if you wanna check it out link is in steam profile

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Brazillian portuguese

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi, just gonna go over your application real quick.

1713889638199.png

Sufficient playtime, active sessions

No punishments on record

Your DiscordID
starm0nster
I do not see you in our discord currently. Don't worry, this won't affect your application negatively

Before we go ahead and translate your chatlogs, I feel that it is worth mentioning that you have multiple pages of racial slurs. Whether or not this is a bind or your own words, please recognize that this behavior is unacceptable for staff, applicants, and members alike
1713890268641.png

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Your punishment section looks solid. Here's a few things to note:

- We don't really slap or apply timebombs/burns
Hacking(Wallhack/Aimbot/etc.) Observe, if enough conving evidence gathered (demo footage) continue -> Warn -> Kick -> 1ºBan (1 day) -> 2ºBan (1 week) -> 3ºBan (1 mon) -> 4ºBan (perm)
We will permanently ban cheaters without warnings, kicks, or temporary bans.
Mic/Chatspam
Remember that anything regarding chat should be punishable by gag, not mute (voice)

Some final questions for you:
-How will you go about NSFW spray/objector?
-How will you go about racism/excessive toxicity?

Feel free to edit your application if you want to include any missing information

Some closing thoughts from me:
Thank you for applying! It sounds like we could use some mods in the areas you're applying for. Your playtime is great, and it helps that you're familiar with the servers. I would like to encourage you to grow your activity on the forums with reports. Additionally, please be mindful of your behavior on the servers. That's all from me! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions

starm0nster

Strange
Thanks for the heads up
I do not see you in our discord currently.
My bad that's pretty much a no-brainer i should probably already be in there anyway

- We don't really slap or apply timebombs/burns
I'm not really used to sourcemods commands so i wasn't quite sure what exactly would be considered appropriate, i said i host servers occasionally but i don't use any plugins on them, i'll make sure to look more into them so i understand a moderator abilities better

I appreciate your feedback! and regarding the behaviour i know there is no good excuse for using slurs in any situation. Though i have never used them with the intention of insulting others but of course, even if the intention wasn't bad someone might take it in a bad way so it's better to stop using them altogether.

I will edit the application with the recommendations you gave in mind, thanks again and have a good day!

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Hi there

As a VSH Junkie I have some notes that I wanna give out.

Inappropriate Spray or Objector ->Warn -> Sprayban(perm)
We don't warn players for their sprays.

Extreme Toxicity or Offensive communication -> Warn -> [using the the appropriate method if player uses mic or chat].
Mute/gag(15mins) -> 2ºMute/gag(45mins) -> 3ºMute/gag(perm)
30 Mins would be the best start, then leading on the ladder. You have a good idea but the 3rd time they do it, it should lead from priors onto the next.

I will say, you are missing some other rules that also need to be put in play but your ladders seem to have the basic idea of what it should look like.

Your chatlogs seem to be concerning from what Seraphina has posted so I would HIGHLY recommend cutting out those slurs.

We don't really slap or apply timebombs/burns
Personally from me, I like to use them for delayers who just delay the game in general. I usually use it as a "go fight" or die type of situation. However, that is just from me. You are allowed to use it in some situations but I think the best would probably most likely be a slay/smite, judging on the situation. (This is me talking to starmonster about this)

I would like to encourage you to grow your activity on the forums with reports.
This is a big plus from me personally, as I get to actually know that you care for the server that you're applying for but also knowing the rules in general.

I think that's all from me. Although, good luck on the mod app.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom