Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved "spectator exploit" not fixed properly.

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
A couple of monthes ago, i was playing skyhigh, and there was an admin there, so i reported to them a powerful exploit that i knew how to execute.

I can't remember the admin's name unfortunately, so sorry for that, but i'll explain to you otherwise what this exploit is.
When you do the exploit, you get in the.. "spectator team" and spawn in.. "spectator" - yeah, it's a little weird huh? but anyways, it's like a brand new
3RD team in tf2 that sometimes appears to be in blu suits or red suits - that's somehow, the "spectator team", if we say so.

And when you spawn as a spectator in a BLW map, you spawn at a random place - sometimes at red spawn, sometimes outside the map, depending on which map we
use it with.. And there's a nice twist where you can type in "jointeam blu" or "jointeam red" on console, which you'll be able to change teams depending on which you have chosen, while staying where you are in the chosen map. I can't explain about this any more, or HOW to execute it, cuz whoever reads this post will know how to do it if i explained so..

Anyways, you guys kinda fixed a part of it, but then there's still sort of a way to do this exploit, using basically the same method.
If you want me to help in this situation, like how to do the exploit, or more details regarding this exploit, please friend me, and i will explain other *IMPORTANT* details that, as i said before, i can't say here, otherwise people will start using it for the meantime. (well that's ONE way to write a sophisticated thread -_-)
My steam ID is : https://steamcommunity.com/id/99176471.

Edit: Sorry if my english gave you a heart attack, but luckely there's not many americans that care.. i think.

Last edited:

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
And yes, my steam ID belongs to another account, but that account is mine, and the other account got banned for stupid reasons, so :D if it's COMPLETELY necessary to make a new blackwonder account, you can just tell me.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Thank you for reporting, we’ll be looking into fixing this.
How reliably can you reproduce this exploit?

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
@Benedevil i'd much more prefer if you'd friend me, there's more details regarding this exploit that i need to discuss with you (or one of the other staff members) privately, though, for the reasons i just said - This will make it much, much easier into fixing this - Because with all do respect, i don't think you or the rest of the staff team could resolve it on your own.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Yeah, that glitch is not new but just a curiosity about it: When you respawn as "Spectator", it's not actually Spectator, but it's team "Unassigned", as Spectators can't get revived. There's 4 teams in TF2, Team Unassigned, Spectator, BLU and RED.
Team "Unassigned" is the Team the player is automatically set to after joining the server.

Just to conclude, this curiosity also reveals a potential way to fix this, by detecting if the player is on team Unassigned and is alive (which should be impossible in Vanilla), swaps the team instantly to red (this should be done first to prevent crashes in the client) and then kills the player, that should work.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Yeah, that glitch is not new but just a curiosity about it: When you respawn as "Spectator", it's not actually Spectator, but it's team "Unassigned", as Spectators can't get revived. There's 4 teams in TF2, Team Unassigned, Spectator, BLU and RED.
Team "Unassigned" is the Team the player is automatically set to after joining the server.

Just to conclude, this curiosity also reveals a potential way to fix this, by detecting if the player is on team Unassigned and is alive (which should be impossible in Vanilla), swaps the team instantly to red (this should be done first to prevent crashes in the client) and then kills the player, that should work.
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll have a look soon, I’ve just not been avaliable due to Christmas and new years

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
You may test if the exploit works here: 178.63.21.34:27000 password to the server is "hello"
If the plugin fixes the issue, I'll apply it on all servers

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
AS FAR AS I KNOW, the exploit works on VSH and deathrun - PROBABLY because they are -arena- modes, so.. yes, @Shadow Mario | blw.tf
might be right.

Also, the password worked for me, i don't know why it doesn't when you try it..

Last edited:

DeliriouS

Scarcely Lethal
You may test if the exploit works here: 178.63.21.34:27000 password to the server is "hello"
If the plugin fixes the issue, I'll apply it on all servers

The plugin works - the motd still deactivates, buuut i can't spawn, if that's the fix you're looking for, it works :3

But.. I'm concerned, perhaps it DOES only work on -ARENA- gamemodes, like deathrun or VSH, not others such as CTF/KOTH.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom