Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Spead the love with a /Hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Could we maybe add a plugin that allows the use of a /Hug (or /me) command. I know that Panda has a /Hug and /Kiss plugin but I've yet to discover what that's called. I would gladly design one, I started making one not to long ago but it ended up not going anywhere, so I ended up abandoning it.

Just thought the ability to /Hug fellow community members would be nice c:

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

I think I remember many years ago, that there was a plugin similar to this where you could /hug someone or /give a virtual item to someone in chat. I remember it was fun and cute. Some people liked it and I guess those who didn't could use the option to disable it in chat.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

While I understand why you would want this, I do want to say that I don't think it's a good idea. Sure for some people it's fun but say for people like me having a random person aim a /hug at you is quite annoying, also in Panda people used /hug to annoy people that didn't like it. (me and many others being the victim of this)

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

While I understand why you would want this, I do want to say that I don't think it's a good idea. Sure for some people it's fun but say for people like me having a random person aim a /hug at you is quite annoying, also in Panda people used /hug to annoy people that didn't like it. (me and many others being the victim of this)

Sorry to hear you were prey for people in Panda trying to troll you. It's never nice.

Having the suggested feature would be no different to someone just saying anything in chat as a means to troll. Unfortunately, a troll will use any resource as a way to trigger and annoy others for their enjoyment. Even the !Sounds feature is used to annoy and troll others in a server whether by repetition or as a taunt. Thank goodness for the 'disable' option.

Just because some people use what's meant to be a fun or good thing in a negative way, does this mean that everyone should miss out on being able to utilize it? Just a thought.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Sorry to hear you were prey for people in Panda trying to troll you. It's never nice.

Having the suggested feature would be no different to someone just saying anything in chat as a means to troll. Unfortunately, a troll will use any resource as a way to trigger and annoy others for their enjoyment. Even the !Sounds feature is used to annoy and troll others in a server whether by repetition or as a taunt. Thank goodness for the 'disable' option.

Just because some people use what's meant to be a fun or good thing in a negative way, does this mean that everyone should miss out on being able to utilize it? Just a thought.

If there would be an option so you aren't able to be hugged then I wouldn't really care that much about it to be honest.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

The majority of the people likes SaySounds, that's why it's enabled on default. The same wouldn't be true for the hug plugin, and there is no point in adding a plugin like this that's disabled on default just so a few members can "have fun" with it. The whole plugin is completely useless and boring, I assume most people who like it now would use it approximately 5-7 times and forget about it afterwards. Not really worth putting it on, it would piss off a lot more people.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Could we maybe add a plugin that allows the use of a /Hug (or /me) command. I know that Panda has a /Hug and /Kiss plugin but I've yet to discover what that's called. I would gladly design one, I started making one not to long ago but it ended up not going anywhere, so I ended up abandoning it.

Just thought the ability to /Hug fellow community members would be nice c:

Panda Community flashbacks *huff*

Sakuya

Trickster
I don't know this plugin really doesn't serve a giant purpose to the servers (I can only imagine how it would be in Jailbreak).
I do remember another community having a marry command in Jailbreak where two people can marry each other and you build points toward a marriage leader board to see which couple is the best or whatever. Neat and special plugin but really doesn't serve so much purpose.
I don't know I wouldn't mind it, would rather have the marriage plugin and beat other couples heh.

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

There are a good portion of gamers who have complained extensively about !Sounds due to how disruptive and "annoying" (their words not mine) it can be but once they've been told how to disable that feature they've continued gaming in general peace. Any number of the plugins and perks have caused someone somewhere to complain about them for some reason. It seems unfair to be bashing one singular suggestion for something that many other plugins have been accused of in the past too.

In all honesty, I choose not to use many of the plugins for a good period of my gaming time and instead opt to play vanilla... but once in a while I decide to break from the norm and relax with a bit of fun and try something out. This is me... but I do know there are more than a few who enjoy the interaction of plugins in the Blw servers. I, personally, don't mind if others want to have a bit of fun this way, as long as there's an option to choose to opt out if preferred.

I was going to add to the suggestion by saying that if there are so many who object and would be offended if 'offered a hug' that I also think with that plugin you can offer a 'Hi5' or 'Congratulations'. I don't believe it is totally isolated to just hugs. So, maybe as an alternative don't allow "hugs" at all but instead have "Hi5"s.

And if there's an option to disable it, doesn't this then preclude the provocation of annoyance with the plugin?

Philip

Australium
I don't know this plugin really doesn't serve a giant purpose to the servers (I can only imagine how it would be in Jailbreak).
I do remember another community having a marry command in Jailbreak where two people can marry each other and you build points toward a marriage leader board to see which couple is the best or whatever. Neat and special plugin but really doesn't serve so much purpose.
I don't know I wouldn't mind it, would rather have the marriage plugin and beat other couples heh.
Good. Now I could marry my medic girlfriend.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
it's just going to be a dead plugin that exist on the servers...

/hug jim <3

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

it's just going to be a dead plugin that exist on the servers...

lol Helloo, have you played TF2 before?! Have you not been a part of the many times that people have gotten excited over a "cool fandangled gizmo that I can push buttons with and play with"? I have my doubts that it would dry up and become dead and unused. It's existence and continual use of it on other community servers is evidence of that.

I think it's important to consider 'the other side of the coin' and keep open-minded about things that are different to what we're used to.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Declined due to feedback from players. However thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom