Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted spacedude997's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyped

Rage Inducing

Banana

User name: spacedude997

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Discord

What is your SteamID?
My discord is Yellow Boy#2532

Who has punished you?
Jim

Why were you punished?
Toxicity

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Because I didn't deserve the ban in the first place.

Yesterday I was kicked for having an argument, I was kicked without a proper warning, the supposed "Warning" that was given came across as a joke and unserious https://imgur.com/a/LmnVwSx After the kick I rejoined and pointed out that he didn't actually give me a proper warning, but he just responded with "well now you know" (Sorry don't have screenshot)
So I was just kicked without warning.

Then today I requested for help in the discord, only for Zimmer to reply with a ping for Aegeus. It's a common joke that donors are considered to be admins so when Aegeus replied with "I'm on my way", I responded jokingly "You're not an admin fuck off", it was in no way meant to be toxic or offensive towards Aegeus at all. He knows this himself and if what I did say offend him or lead to him misinterpreting me I would have apologized in an instant.

So I was kicked without warning and was banned for jokingly telling someone to "Fuck off"
I am sorry for my behavior but I feel as if the ban induced is a bit too harsh.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Alright, I know it's not my place to respond here but I was there for some of the argument yesterday that led to your initial kick.

Between "I do" and "Pretty sure I did" on Jim's first post, you were kicked and rejoined, then complained that you hadn't gotten a warning. (CAPTURE.PNG)

Me and Wanka, as well as Jim, stated that you were warned (in our own ways).

You were warned, that's cleared up.

As for the earlier 'issue' in requesthelp, you requested a mic check, Zimmer pinged Aegeus, I questioned whether he's allowed to mic check and went to look for the rule. I found it and pasted it, and your little "fuck off you're not an admin" thing appeared after my posting of the rule. (CAPTURE2.PNG)

I actually took it as you saying it to me at the time, considering Aegeus hadn't said anything related to joining the server for around... 50 seconds?

I obviously have no say in this, but was present for both instances and that's my take on it, and some factual stuff included too.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    102.5 KB · Views: 198
D

Deleted member 2049

Not sure if I'm allowed to say something here even though the comment was directed to me, but spacedude requested I say something from my POV.

First of all, I was not offended by what he said. He found it a little annoying considering he sometimes can do and say dumb stuff.

Second, spacedude requested on the discord for a mic check when Zimmer had tagged me. Of course spacedude didn't know my position on the SG server so he told me "Fuck off, you're not an admin". In his defense in dm it was a joke, in order for me to show him how someone else can see it, I said this:
Screenshot_20181216-144255_Discord.jpg

What he said was a joke, however it was not needed, or at least not meant to be said in the way he did.

Like I said before, it wasn't offensive to me. Even if it wasn't in good spirit, which hopefully it was otherwise I wouldn't be defending him.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Jim issued a warning of sorts saying that 'if your name isn't orange, green or purple, you have no say in the matter', which was his way of telling you and the other parties involved to stop arguing about the new SGJB mod. He gave you a proper warning after kicking you and rejoining shortly afterwards. This warning was poorly conveyed because it had a little bit of a joke in it, but it was a warning nonetheless.
I can't get the full story because all of your chat messages vanished after you were banned (thank you Jim), but that's my two pennies.
The theme of this whole thing seems to be miscommunication, judging from Aegeus's input and Jim's silly attempt at calming down the Discord.

Hyped

Rage Inducing

Banana

You were warned, that's cleared up.
No I wasn’t, the warning given was in no way serious nor could actually be interpreted as a warning because YOU were also arguing but he singled you out. By saying “Cammy is just existing”

I actually took it as you saying it to me at the time
Well if it looked that way I’m sorry but I was talking to Aegeus, I thought it was kinda obvious, since I responded to him after he ping’d me. I had no knowledge of him being a moderator on Sg jailbreak so I can see where the confusion came from

I obviously have no say in this, but was present for both instances and that's my take on it
You were present for the incident that got me banned then you would know that people took a joke too seriously, yes the joke wasn’t funny and really stupid looking back on it but a ban is kinda harsh.
The ban was a result of poor communication and Jim giving a not so serious warning
That’s why I apologised for saying that

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I'll unban you now with the understanding you acknowledge that all my prior warnings were in fact warnings and that this appeal is your warning going forward about your behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom