Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Someone's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone (Real)

Strange
Username: Someone (Real)

Name
Someone (Real)

Your Age
16 years.

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Y e s. I think so at least.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/35028168

Your SteamID2
(Edit) Really sleep deprived and wasn't paying attention about the steam keys. Here's the ID2 = STEAM_0:1:234358834

Your DiscordID
Darkened#0520

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I play on the jailbreak US server. Pretty fun.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I am applying on the 15th of March at 1:06 am Eastern Standard Time because I have 0 life. Why would I like to become a moderator? Because I feel the need to be on when I am to help others and stop rulebreakers in the server, when I was playing earlier today, there was a total of 3 MFK's and wouldn't stop and their mission to destroy others (Prisoners) as Guards. I would like to learn how to deal with that type of stuff so we can make the server fun again without any 12 year old kid trying to be funny and spending all of his moms savings on her debit card on a virtual game that you are on 2 different teams that fight against each other every single moment just to feel cool and the need to make a fuss about everything. I just want to help the server out because of the absence in moderation that I have noticed over the past few days. I played BlackWonder for a while now, well I think at least. I made lots of friends and still have a couple that play it now. It's a nice place to play around in when getting home from a big day.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Pretty much daily unless work and school get in the way. All through this week, (13th - 19th of March) I won't be here for a while because of work so.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
There is a lot to cover here so I'll just go down the list.

For Everyone!

• Use common sense. = A lot of things that could happen here.
  • Do not overtalk Admin during a mic check. = Probable mute
  • No talking over Warden = Probable mute, but since the Warden has powers to mute all basically, I am not sure
  • No armoury camping = Probable force slay or teamban if repeated
  • No baiting = Scenario: You are a red and there is a blu standing next to you, you proceed to murder them and get killed for it. If they don't slay, probable force slay or teamban
  • No delaying = Probable force slay or ghosted by dead chat to speed up the round
  • Portuguese in voice only on the Brazilian servers = No clue since I haven't even seen one of these servers
  • Latest Warden's Order Applies = Getting rid of the trick orders, if caught doing trick orders, probable force slay or teamban
  • No ghosting = Probable mute and or gag
  • No continuously calling out false accusations = Probable mute and or gag
  • No sticky traps = Probable force slay and or teamban
  • No mic-spamming = Mute and or tempban if repeated
  • No slurs = Mute, gag and or tempban

For Guards!

• Have a good microphone = If not a good microphone or used a soundboard to get into Guards, probable teamban
  • Be willing to play Warden = If not willing to, probable teamban and or force slay after using !uw and not doing so themselves
  • Do not impersonate the Warden = Probable mute and or gag
  • No freekilling = Probable tempban, teamban, force slay, warnings
  • No killing freedays = Only possible by Warden, if done without reason, probable teamban and or tempban
  • No freehitting = Usually let go either by accident but if done repeatedly then possible teamban
  • No force-baiting = I don't really see much done about this rule but possible force slay and or teamban (blu)
  • Do not camp in red rebel areas = Seen as delaying the round, probable force slay
  • No disguising = Don't think it's possible anymore but if done somehow, probable tempban
  • Stay with the warden at all times = If the Warden didn't say you could hunt and chase and you do so anyways, probable force slay and or teamban
  • Blues may not trust reds = Again, not much done about this rule and I believe it moved onto just the Warden but probable teamban
  • Reds may not be Forced to Rebel = Probable teamban
  • "Last Guard kills all" = If killing people before Warden was locked, if it's a freeday, and or if there is more than 1 person on Guards, probable force slay or teamban
  • No team killing = I don't believe this is possible anymore but if done however, probable teamban
  • No griefing = Teamban and or tempban
  • Ignore freekill orders from Warden = If listening to Warden when said order was put out, probable tempban and or teamban
  • No favouritism = Probable tempban and or teamban
  • Do not kill prisoners during a repeat = If done so unknowingly then warning, if done knowingly, probable force slay or teamban (also counted as freekill)
  • Do not go into unreachable places = Probable force slay and if repeated teamban

For the Warden!

• No kill orders = Probable teamban and or force slay if done unknowingly
  • No illegal friendly fire = Probable teamban and or tempban (I believe this would be considered under the catagory of MFK)
  • No tricky orders = Probable force slay and or teamban
  • No pardoning reds = Probable Teamban and or force slay
  • Regular days are normal orders = Nothing really to say about this, would go under the rule "No tricky orders"
  • No conflicting orders = Again, same thing from the last rule
  • Maximum of 3 rounds of the same minigame in a row = Scenario: You are the Warden and you have done deathrun for 4 rounds straight as the first minigame. Probable slay or teamban (I don't see this often at all)
  • Giving "Last Request" = If not giving an lr, probable teamban, if not going warden as the last blu and they finished the minigame, probable teamban, if they knew that they were a rebeller and or a freeday and still gave lr, probable teamban
  • Repeat your orders a second time = If found not doing so when requested, probable slay and or teamban
  • Meat Grinder/Arena may not be played as the first minigame in a round = If found doing so, probable teamban and or tempban (I think this goes under freekill as well since ff is required)
  • No renaming = Not really anything done to infringe the warden since basically all wardens use Reds or Prisoners, but if found naming them something different then going along with it, probable teamban
  • No warden hogging = Probable force slay and or teamban
  • No special days with freedays = If found doing so, possible teamban
  • Warden cannot lie = Unknowingly lying would result to a warning, if done knowingly, probable force slay and or teamban
  • Don't chain specific days = If found doing a specific day repeatedly then probable teamban
  • Jeopardy = Not really much to say about this
  • No Progress Impositions = Probable force slay or teamban
And finally... For the Reds!

• No detouring/delaying = If caught by a Guard delaying or taking a detour, counts as rebelling
  • AFK freeze when asking for a repeat = Counting as rebelling if moving while asking for a repeat
  • No Blue control rooms or armoury = Rebelling if had entered
  • No ammo = Rebelling as soon as you pick it up
  • No lethal taunts = KOS
  • No force-baiting = KOS
  • No griefing = Probable tempban and or force slay
  • No breaking or using breakables = KOS
  • No cheating = If found doing so KOS
  • Start / Do Not Start a Minigame = I'm confused by this rule, please dm me about it
  • No camping in unreachable areas = Possible force slay and or tempban
  • Do not be a smartass = Possible Mute, gag, and or tempban
  • Custom LR Restrictions = Don't cry when you don't get to have ff when you are doing hide n' seek. Probable mute and or gag

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I am able to play after school which is 3:15 PM EST if not having work, if I'm working, it varies. Like I had stated earlier in this app, I am gone until about 7-8 PM EST (13th - 19th of March). My schedule is a bit iffy but I'll let everyone here know when I got changes in it. I play lots and lots of games, (I don't think that relates to what you're asking in the app but meh) I play tf2. I think. I am an Administrator in a 1000+ Terraria Discord server, I also play it a bunch and moderate it regularly. Trying to learn how to code in Python and JavaScript. Not working out but I try. I am a nice person. :) That's about it.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? I'm taking Spanish and can understand some of it. I cannot speak it fluently but I can piece some things to others. Don't expect me to be some sort of google translator though.

Last edited:

Someone (Real)

Strange
Let me know of any corrections, suggestions, or anything else that needs to be added to this application. I like suggestions.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi there,

I spoke to my team about this application, and we all agreed that we need more information before we deliberate further. Jailbreak (the gamemode you're applying for) is incredibly rule-heavy, and we think that two sentences couldn't possibly begin to cover the myriads of rule infractions that could occur. Would you mind expanding your punishment section?

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
This looks like you copied down "important looking" rules and then took wild guesses about what to do about them.

Someone (Real)

Strange
1683085846562.png

That's what I thought it meant. Taking the rules and saying what you would do about them if broken or infringed. I just included literally everything that way I didn't miss anything and I did add more things after that since they weren't there. That's what I saw in this message at least.

Someone (Real)

Strange
My bad for those, I sincerely apologize and I didn't realize that I was muted or teambanned because either I hopped off after the fact that when that happened. It has been changed.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello,

We've had a chance to evaluate your updated application.

No freekilling = Probable tempban, teamban, force slay, warnings

It looks like you listed every possible punishment; I want to stress again that jb is a complex gamemode. Knowledge of the rules is paramount to being successful in a staff role on JB.

I would like to learn how to deal with that type of stuff so we can make the server fun again without any 12 year old kid trying to be funny and spending all of his moms savings on her debit card on a virtual game that you are on 2 different teams that fight against each other every single moment just to feel cool and the need to make a fuss about everything.

This strikes me as a weirdly animus way to conceptualize our playerbase. While JB does have its fair share of... characters, it is important to conduct yourself professionally and respectfully. Especially on JB, a lot of rulebreakers could simply be people new to the gamemode or someone otherwise ignorant of the rules.

No illegal friendly fire = Probable teamban and or tempban (I believe this would be considered under the catagory of MFK)

This is not categorized as MFK either. Again- these may seem like persnickety criticisms, but JB staff insist on working with a knowledgeable team.

All things considered, this isn't a bad application by any stretch of the imagination. It had glaring problems in that it was missing a rules section upon being opened, and having a rules section inconsistent with how we moderate after updating. When I asked my team what they thought, a lot of them concurred that it seemed as if you listed all of the rules, and made your best guesses about how we would punish them. I really appreciate the effort. At this time, I will have to request that you reply after you have a better understanding of the JB rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom