Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted snakeman's Team Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman

Scarcely Lethal
Username: snakeman

What is your type of punishment?
Team Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:372396

Who has punished you?
Crikey

Why were you punished?
Griefing

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I thought icos was the one to hit the ball but I was wrong. I even said in the clip on the report that I was like 90% sure it was him. After he was killed (wasn't me that killed him) he said that I can't lie to which I argued that yes I am technically allowed to lie so me being wrong in this instance didn't mean I had to kill myself. Midnight Owl also said that guards can lie so again me being wrong (not on purpose) didn't matter here and the only one that should be punished IMO is the guy that actually killed icos

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

The evidence in question:

Hello snakeman, I hope you are going well today. Lets go through this.

First of all, before we go into your specific circumstance, there is first something that needs to be cleared up. A guard intentionally misleading another guard/warden to kill a red is 100% against the rules and is grounds for a teamban. While this may first appear to not be the case, it actually falls under the "No Griefing" rule which applies to every Blackwonder server, including jailbreak. The rule states "Do not act in a way that is either against the objective of the gamemode you are playing or in a way that might annoy the players in the server". Intentionally misleading another guard/warden to kill someone is an action that is against the objective of the gamemode/annoys players in the server. Due to this, it is a team bannable offense. While the guard/warden in question that got misled technically committed freekill, leniency may be shown as they were misled by a guard, not another red.

With that cleared up, lets go into the specifics regarding your teamban. Throughout the clip you were adament that icos was the one who had hit the ball and kept trying to urge people to kill them. "Being 90%" sure only came after icos had already been killed. Additionally, when icos confronted you about it, instead of admitting you made a mistake, you decided to just keep defending yourself by saying that guards are allowed to lie. This doesn't portray good intentions and leads me to believe you actually knew he wasn't KOS but decided to keep with the story anyway.

Tell me this, if you were confident that icos was KOS, why didn't you kill them yourself?

snakeman

Scarcely Lethal
The evidence in question:

Hello snakeman, I hope you are going well today. Lets go through this.

First of all, before we go into your specific circumstance, there is first something that needs to be cleared up. A guard intentionally misleading another guard/warden to kill a red is 100% against the rules and is grounds for a teamban. While this may first appear to not be the case, it actually falls under the "No Griefing" rule which applies to every Blackwonder server, including jailbreak. The rule states "Do not act in a way that is either against the objective of the gamemode you are playing or in a way that might annoy the players in the server". Intentionally misleading another guard/warden to kill someone is an action that is against the objective of the gamemode/annoys players in the server. Due to this, it is a team bannable offense. While the guard/warden in question that got misled technically committed freekill, leniency may be shown as they were misled by a guard, not another red.

With that cleared up, lets go into the specifics regarding your teamban. Throughout the clip you were adament that icos was the one who had hit the ball and kept trying to urge people to kill them. "Being 90%" sure only came after icos had already been killed. Additionally, when icos confronted you about it, instead of admitting you made a mistake, you decided to just keep defending yourself by saying that guards are allowed to lie. This doesn't portray good intentions and leads me to believe you actually knew he wasn't KOS but decided to keep with the story anyway.

Tell me this, if you were confident that icos was KOS, why didn't you kill them yourself?
I was an engineer with a shotgun and the reds were in a crowd. I initially told the sniper on blue team to shoot him because obviously they are much more accurate. The spy ended up being the one to shoot him with a revolver that is still much more accurate than a shotgun or even a pistol with the spread it has. Also maybe the mic didn’t pick it up but I am pretty sure I said that I wasn’t 100% sure prior to when I said it after icos died. I was adamant about guards being able to lie because I had a feeling that icos would end up reporting me for something like this so I wanted to immediately defend myself, to disprove his idea that solely me lying = me breaking the rules. He pretty routinely reports people for arguably invalid or otherwise controversial reasons so I knew as soon as he started typing after he died that it would become a point of contention. The warden clearly said that hitting the ball is KOS, so why would I not alert the warden and guards to what I thought was a red hitting the ball? Especially after it killed several other reds

Side note, mainly for @10000 Cold Knights . I have been omitting clipped MP4 files that I could’ve otherwise used to report players because you told me that only demos are acceptable for reports. Recently it seems like icos and others are only posting MP4 files. Are they admissible as evidence or not?

Last edited:

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Upon rewatching the video and taking into account your statements, there is too much doubt in regards to whether or not you were intentionally targeting icos or if you genuinely thought that he had hit the ball. Due to this, I will be removing the teamban.

If this was truly unintentional, try to be more careful next time. Don't tell guards to kill reds if you aren't 100% sure, not 90% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom