Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Shades's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
User name: Shades

Name
Shades

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:90729179

Your DiscordID
Shades#2299

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play almost daily on US Advanced dodgeball, US Easy dodgeball, and occasionally US Wave dodgeball.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to moderate your servers because often times, I see people breaking or abusing the rules with lack of clarity on certain issues such as mic spamming, body blocking, and using racial slurs. Most of the time, players will face no punishment and continue going on and on repeating the same offenses, because they do not have anyone there to stop them. I am a frequent player on the Dodgeball servers and user of the !calladmin plugin, but when I use it, an admin almost never shows. Recent additions made to the staff team like gallowsCalibrator and MeatShield have been a brilliant start towards making this community well staffed, but even then it is still severely understaffed considering the amount of people who play daily. I want to make these servers a less toxic environment, so new players know that they are joining a server that is cared for, and to ensure that the community as a whole knows that the leadership team is there in the best interest of the people, so that the rules are to be followed as they can be seen that way as well.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
I have spoken to GallowsCalibrator/Otaku

How often do you play TF2?
I play TF2 almost daily from 9am to 12am

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Dodgeball:

Delaying the rocket: 1st warning > 2nd warning > slay > 1hr ban > 4 hour ban > 8 hour ban > 12 hour >1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Body blocking: 1st warning > 2nd warning > slay > 1 hour ban > 4 hour ban > 8 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Cheating: Perma ban with video evidence.

Trying to glitch the rocket: 1st warning > slay > 1 hour ban > 4 hour ban > 8 hour ban >12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Stealing (Easy server only): 1st warning > 2nd warning > slay > 1 hour ban > 4 hour ban > 8 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Orbiting the rocket into someone to intentionally kill them: 1st warning > 2nd warning > slay > 4 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

General:

Offensive language: 1st warning > 2nd warning > 1 hour gag/mute > 4 hour gag/mute > 12 hour gag/mute > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 6 months > perma.

Offensive sprays: 1st warning > 2nd warning > 4 hour spray ban > 8 hour spray ban > 12 hour spray ban > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Mic spam: 1st warning > 2nd warning > 1 hour mute > 4 hour mute > 8 hour mute > 12 hour mute > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 6 months > perma

Impersonating an admin: 1st warning > 1 day ban > perma.

Racism: 1st warning > 2nd warning > 4 hour gag/mute > 12 hour gag/mute > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > perma.

Chat spam: 1st warning > 1 hour mute > 4 hour mute > 8 hour mute > 12 hour mute > 1 day > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 6 months > perma.

Idle player: Move to spectator unless if server is close to full then kick.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have gotten rid of my binds and I believe my use of language has changed since then.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Cyruim

Sufficiently Lethal

Cyruim

Hello!
Really nice amount of playtime!
1599799800687.png

And No Punishments on record againest you

Theres a few binds that i noticed brushing over you logs:
1599800072342.png

Aswell as some weird messages you have sent
1599800190032.png

You are basicly using a bind every 3 messages

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
From my understanding, almost everyone who plays TF2 uses binds quite often, whether as often or not. I have rarely used the bind you portrayed as it is something I don’t care for and have since gotten rid of it. I’ve said some stupid things, sure, but hasn’t every player. What I say might be quite relevant to you guys when looking into someone’s character, but I just wanna make the server a better place overall. I applied before, was told to wait two months and try again. I still apply only because I believe I can make change, not so I can be scolded about something someone else said about me that I made into a quote. I’d be happy to try my best to be not only a moderator, but also a role model for others to follow.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
I applied before, was told to wait two months and try again.
When Robb replied to your previous application, he clearly stated “The binds needs to go for at least 2 months before you apply again” From taking a look at your chatlogs, it’s clear that you haven’t listened to the feedback given to you 2 months ago.

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
Quite frankly, I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue here. I got rid of that bind the day I got denied, and from what I remember, haven’t used anything like it since. I listened to all the feedback I got on my first application, and I’ve tried to make changes based on that. There is very little else I can say beyond I haven’t used that bind, as I did get rid of it, and I really do want to contribute to make this community a better place.

Meowsicle

Unremarkable
Hello Shades!
Just for extra precaution, I took a good skim over your chat logs and noticed that the latest you ever used the "Miramu" bind was definitely 2 months ago. You do use binds very often but you do not spam them and they don't seem as though they are potentially harmful towards others. Although, I cannot say the same for your "BLM" comment as it was very recent.
If I am wrong, please do correct me. Despite all this, thank you for reading!

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
Based on the context of the voice chat at the time of that “BLM” reference, I believed it wasn’t that bad of a statement. I realize now that it looks bad since you can’t see any of the rest of the conversation really, but I do believe in equality for all, and that’s why I believe “BLM” is a joke. All Lives Matter should be pushed more, in my opinion, as it still pushes the point without discriminating against every other group of people. I apologize for this statement if anyone took offense, as there was more to it than what can be seen in chat logs. But I’m not trying to get too far into politics as that’s not my focus here. Again, I took note of the feedback and criticism I was given and I do appreciate all of it.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
We are going to go another direction. Thank you for putting in the time to apply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom