Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed Set "sm_cvar sv_airaccelerate 150" on Deathrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

111112oo

Bhopping on Deathrun is really annoying because sm_cvar sv_airaccelerate is at the default value, which sucks for bhopping. Tight strafes will completely eat your speed which is not natural at all and very annoying. 150 is the value used by all skill bhop and surf severs.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Too many people complain about bhop in deathrun already
Increasing the air acceleration would allow players to gain speeds extremely quickly. This would make it even more impossible for death to catch up with bhopping players. You can try out bhop with sv_airaccelerate 1000 on our bhop servers: 157.90.177.48:27110
Just to see how quickly you gain speed from strafing a bit

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
We have an alternative deathrun server: 157.90.177.48:27195
It has weapons enabled and a speed bhop. Judging by it's non-existing popularity, it's safe to assume that Bhop in DR #2 is not a problem

111112oo

sv_airaccelerate does increase acceleration but it does not increase max bhop speed, which you set in the bhop plugin; how much speed it allows you to conserve from a bhop. I belive the value hardcoded into TF2 is 1.2 which is overridden by the bhop plugin. I am not asking for the max bhop speed to be raised. just the air accelleration which will allow for better strafing. It will also be needed if any deathrun maps with surf sections come along in the future. (i'm working on a map that may have one)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
The increased acceleration allows for easier speed gain. Which would make it harder for death

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The increased acceleration allows for easier speed gain. Which would make it harder for death
I agree with this. I am not that active with deathrun, but from what I've seen in the few hours I've spent there, experienced players can easily outrun the death and get to the end, basically bypassing the whole round and all it's traps. Making the acceleration even stronger doesn't seem like a good idea.

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
I have to disvote this because only reason why is I agree with what CrappyCompletionist saying. It basic “speedrun” people who like bhop and easy skipping trap makes round unfun each round.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I'll be closing this suggestion due to the mass amount of downvotes. Thanks for your suggestion however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom