Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Sectus's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectus

Strange
Username: Sectus

Name
Sectus

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? No (2 days, 20 hours at time of app)

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/13606538

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:37175424

Your DiscordID
Sectus#6700

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Deathmatchers Anonymous, GFL 2fort Improved, Calculated Chaos

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
Jailbreak

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Being bluntly honest, the jailbreak server at times seems almost entirely unmoderated. There are constant issues with people freehitting, mass freekilling, button griefing, and so on and it seems to go unaddressed even when multiple people report the person responsible. I don't have the time requirement listed to apply, but when I pointed out the issues I was told to apply and fix the problem myself so that's what I'm doing.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Quite often, at least a few hours each day and moreso on my days off.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
I've learned that the ideal way to deal with rule breakers is in as least intrusive a way as possible so as to help maintain consistent server population. As an example, the best path would be to start with team bans, teamswaps, etc if people abuse their roles on BLU team as it keeps someone on the server but limits their ability to be obnoxious and disrupt the experience of other players. If the person proves unbearable or determined, then it can escalate to kicks and bans.

Overtalking warden: warning -> mute
Freekilling: temp teamban -> perma teamban
Freehitting: warning -> temp teamban -> perma teamban
Armory camping: warning -> kick
Ghosting: warning -> kick -> temp ban
Button griefing: warning -> temp teamban -> perma teamban
Baiting: warning -> temp teamban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I work in public safety as a 911 supervisor so my schedule can at times be hectic. I can't promise I'll be active every day, but I will be on at least a few times every week to check in on things and make sure reports are getting answered as needed.

My post history in chat logs is pretty toxic ngl but it's mostly out of frustration from when people are breaking the rules lol.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi Sectus,

I'm not sure the classic Pewdiepie "heated gamer moment" defense will hold up here. I didn't even dig that deeply and found weird sex references (remember that many minors use blw.tf), making fun of disabilities, and just general rudeness. Getting freekilled is really frustrating, but if it is so frustrating that you are getting angry and can't hold yourself back from being wildly inappropriate, then I think you should reapply when you are in a healthier state of mind. I'm usually happy to give younger applicants the benefit of the doubt, but this kind of behavior into your late 20s is befuddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 18)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom