Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined 's Goobert appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaben

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
What's your username?
Goobert

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:197698115

Who has punished you?
benedevil

Why were you punished?
I made a very insensitive cruel joke.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Apology letter to Blackwonder.tf
Hello Blackwonder community, this is an apology letter for my foolish actions as a whole. Recently I have come up with a cruel joke that involved me lying about a close friend of mine and a well-known JB player TreeStal having terminal brain cancer. I have decided to make an apology letter to help show why I did these actions and to better myself in the future for the Blackwonder community and myself. This essay shows that even though I have done foolish actions in the Blackwonder community, I can still be part of it.
During the early stages of the joke, I told multiple Blackwonder community members that TreeStal had terminal brain cancer, within these early stages of the joke I made multiple believe that this joke was factual including the owner of the server themselves and that he was going to die soon. Multiple times while messaging people, TreeStal said that this isn't funny and that this is going to crash down on me. A day or two after the first message TreeStal told me that he's been receiving messages from well-known community members, saying that he’ll be missed. Even being warned of what could happen, I still did the actions without a care in the world, and eventually, this would just blow over.
I can see how this joke now affected me, I can see that joking around with a painful disease that millions have and die from daily can be insensitive to some people, even people in the community itself. I can see why not having me back in the community can be a reasonable reaction with some people. In the future, I hope to think about my actions and how they will affect me before it happens. In total I am deeply sorry for my actions as a whole, I hope in the future my actions will not define me.
TreeStal - “Even though I knew the joke could have got him banned, I feel like banning him was not the right cause of action, possible muting/gagging him could have been equally as good. I fully believe that banning him was a bit overreaching. I ultimately don’t wish Goobert to be banned, since he does bring smiles to some people in the community, and that one negative action shouldn’t describe a person.”

My fault on the first appeal.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello.

I think most people can vouch that I am a very lenient person. I've heard probably everything in the book so far, but this was taken so extremely far, that I cannot forgive this. The whole renaming yourself to random things to then be displayed on sourcebans is a very odd cry for attention. While I firmly believe that people can change, I sadly do not see this in your actions and behavior after the ban.
It makes me quite sad that it had to come so far and that you went this low. I'm quite disappointed because I am sure in real life, you would probably not throw these sort of jokes around.
I had seen improvement in you and your group of friends and was ready for a path of change for the better with you guys.
Maybe my judgement was wrong, and I just wanted to believe that you guys would get better.
Therefore for the reasons above, I am going to decline this appeal with no chance to appeal in the future. I hope that once older, you will look back at this moment and shake your head. I firmly believe you will find a right path as I do for everyone and I wish you the very best for the future, even if it will not include this community anymore.

Thanks,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 12)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom