Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined rycker's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycker

Strange
User name: rycker

Name
rycker (Ryan)

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:52464186

Your DiscordID
rycker#1050

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
A server I ran with my friend and myself, it was designed for users who enjoyed Trading. I have added some other Managing information under the other information.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on the Dodgeball Servers, I enjoy them a ton. I would love to Moderate either BlackWonder US | Easy Dodgeball or BlackWonder US | Wave Dodgeball. Both have really friendly players, who are talkative and really fun to play with overall. I tend to try to welcome new players, and show them how to play Dodgeball properly.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I am new to the Blackwonder Servers, but I would love to be able to enforce rules in a strict and friendly manner, keeping the community safe from rule breakers and making sure they don't go unnoticed. I play late nights sometimes and into mornings, this is when potential players will think that they have the power to do anything, I wanna be there to stop them in their tracks. Overall, the Blackwonder community is very fun and accepting. I absolutely love the atmosphere in the Servers.

Being a Moderator is a high priority task, you have to understand how to approach situations, and how to do them in a wellbeing manner. You have to sometimes undergo situations that are deemed stressful and having to give the appropriate punishment to certain individuals, with that being said, having the proper evidence and knowledge can help punish those players that fit the certain criteria.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Monday: 6-8 hours
Tuesday: 4-6 hours
Wednesday: 6-8 hours
Thursday: 4-6 hours
Friday: 6-8 hours
Weekends: 8+ hours

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
| = indicates what happens after the player continues.

Cheating: Ban for 30 days | Permanent ban
Advertising: Warning | Temporarily mute for 3 hours | Temporarily mute for 1 day | Temporarily mute for 1 week | Temporarily mute for 3 weeks | Permanent mute
Racism: Temporarily mute for 24 hours | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily mute for 1 week | Temporarily mute for 3 weeks | Permanent mute
Spamming: Warning | Temporarily mute for 1 hour | Temporarily mute for 24 hours | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily mute for 1 week | Temporarily mute for 3 weeks | Permanent mute
Abuse of Commands (!votekick, !votemute, etc): Warning | Temporarily ban for 1 hour | Temporarily ban for 12 hours | Temporarily ban for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 2 weeks | Temporarily ban for 3 weeks | Permanent ban
Bodyblocking: Warning | Temporarily ban for 24 hours | Temporarily ban for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 1 week | Temporarily ban for 2 weeks | Temporarily ban for 3 weeks | Permanent ban
Misuse of !calladmin: Warning | Temporarily ban for 1 hour | Temporarily ban for 24 hours | Temporarily ban for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 1 week | Temporarily ban for 3 weeks | Permanent ban
Stealing: Warning | Warning + Slain | Temporarily ban for 1 hour | Temporarily ban for 1 day | Temporarily ban for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 1 week | Permanent ban
Teamkilling: Warning + Slain | Temporarily ban for 2 hours | Temporarily ban for 12 hours | Temporarily ban for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 2 weeks | Permanent ban
Mic Spamming: Warning | Temporarily mute for 1 hour | Temporarily mute for 1 day | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily mute for 1 week | Temporarily mute for 2 weeks | Permanent mute
Toxicity: Warning | Temporarily mute for 12 hours | Temporarily mute for 24 hours | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily mute for 1 week | Permanent mute
Bypassing any of the Punishments: Increases the severity of the punishment, whether it being a ban or a mute.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Currently working on improving my Spanish to interact with more players on games that I meet who don't speak English. Currently working on a video about funny moments that occur on the Dodgeball Servers. Lastly, I am attending college classes early, but other than that, I have plenty of time to be on Blackwonder to Moderate and to enforce rules.

I have managed Minecraft Servers, but I didn't wanna add that information since I thought maybe it applies to Team Fortress 2 Servers only. The Servers I Managed on Minecraft was: OGReigns and HCTeams. I was Manager on both Servers and ended up owning OGReigns on a later date.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on the Dodgeball Servers, I enjoy them a ton. I would love to Moderate either of the Dodgeball Servers.
Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
| = indicates what happens after the player continues.

Cheating: Ban for 30 days | Permanent Ban
Advertising: Warning | Temporarily mute for 3 hours | Temporarily mute for 1 day
Racism: Temporarily mute for 24 hours | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 7 days
Spamming: Warning | Temporarily mute for 30 minutes | Temporarily mute for 24 hours
Abuse of Commands: Warning | Temporarily ban for 1 hour | Temporarily ban for 12 hours
Bypassing any of the Punishments: Increases the severity of the punishment, whether it being a ban or a mute.
If you want to moderate dodgeball then you should give some dodgeball related punishments. Also, staff don't mute for less than an hour.

You should also be more active on the forums and the discord and get to know the community more since you haven't spoken to any staff.

Good luck with your app.

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Hi I would like to go over some things in your application!

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
A server I ran with my friend and myself, it was designed for users who enjoyed Trading.

Can you give us any more information beyond this? screenshots or logs of any kind, anything to indicate that this server actually existed and you were apart of it?

When are you usually available to play?
Other than my classes, I'm free usually so I can top up to 6-8+ hours.

Can you give us any specific times? and if they change on weekends? such as 12am til 5pm or 11am til 9pm on weekends as an example

Cheating: Ban for 30 days | Permanent Ban
Advertising: Warning | Temporarily mute for 3 hours | Temporarily mute for 1 day
Racism: Temporarily mute for 24 hours | Temporarily mute for 3 days | Temporarily ban for 7 days
Spamming: Warning | Temporarily mute for 30 minutes | Temporarily mute for 24 hours
Abuse of Commands: Warning | Temporarily ban for 1 hour | Temporarily ban for 12 hours

Could you please be more specific? as in what do you mean by "abuse of commands" and "advertising"
By the way cheating (with proper evidence of course) will always result in a permanent ban regardless of the situation.

I play on the Dodgeball Servers, I enjoy them a ton. I would love to Moderate either of the Dodgeball Servers.
Could you be more specific, with maybe an IP or the actual name of the server itself (I.E Trade Minecraft US | 24/7) If you don't know how to find the server IP there are many tutorials online for you to use.

Also a quick extra note here, although it is not required, it would be nice to see a little more discord activity as you have not posted a single message on the discord server as of yet.

rycker

Strange
If you want to moderate dodgeball then you should give some dodgeball related punishments. Also, staff don't mute for less than an hour.

You should also be more active on the forums and the discord and get to know the community more since you haven't spoken to any staff.

Good luck with your app.
Thank you for your reply, and I thought I was giving my own expression on Dodgeball Punishments, I have spoken to a staff member, but it was faint. So I decided not to include that.

rycker

Strange
Hi I would like to go over some things in your application!

Can you give us any more information beyond this? screenshots or logs of any kind, anything to indicate that this server actually existed and you were apart of it?

Can you give us any specific times? and if they change on weekends? such as 12am til 5pm or 11am til 9pm on weekends as an example

Could you please be more specific? as in what do you mean by "abuse of commands" and "advertising"
By the way cheating (with proper evidence of course) will always result in a permanent ban regardless of the situation.

Could you be more specific, with maybe an IP or the actual name of the server itself (I.E Trade Minecraft US | 24/7) If you don't know how to find the server IP there are many tutorials online for you to use.

Also a quick extra note here, although it is not required, it would be nice to see a little more discord activity as you have not posted a single message on the discord server as of yet.
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, this Server was years ago before my friend owning his Minecraft Network now.
I was wanting to give specific times, but for some odd reason every time I would enter, or shift + enter to try to go to a new line on that question it would just submit the application.
As in abuse of commands, I mean to not abuse the donor commands available, because players may tend to abuse those. With the cheating situation, I'm always generous and believe players deserve a second chance, so maybe after a month of being banned, they would straighten up and comeback playing legitimately.
I can ask my best friend for 5 years now when we created it, and if we can figure out the name of it. I have Managed Minecraft Servers, but I thought it only applied to Team Fortress 2.
I plan on being active in the discord and meeting new friends there and attempting to invite new players or older friends of mine.

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
I have made edits to my application!

Just a quick note, although unnecessary, it would be a help for any staff members who either do not remember or had not read your initial application to actually list the edits you have changed or actually add the edits into the reply and keep the initial application stagnant.

rycker

Strange
Just a quick note, although unnecessary, it would be a help for any staff members who either do not remember or had not read your initial application to actually list the edits you have changed or actually add the edits into the reply and keep the initial application stagnant.
Apologies, if I make any more changes I will list what I updated accordingly.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
I don't see any dodgeball punishments besides ''Body Blocking''
Please include them

rycker

Strange
Added the following:
Stealing: Warning | Warning + Slain | Temporarily ban for 1 hour
Teamkilling: Warning + Slain | Temporarily ban for 2 hours | Temporarily ban for 12 hours
Mic Spamming: Warning | Temporarily mute for 1 hour | Temporarily mute for 12 hours
Toxicity: Warning | Temporarily mute for 2 hours | Temporarily mute for 24 hours
Also, gave a better understanding of what I meant by "abuse of commands"

rycker

Strange
Your punishments should keep increasing until being permanent
Thank you for your reply.

Permanent punishments for certain things feel too harsh in my opinion, however, I will make some adjustments accordingly.

rycker

Strange
I have made adjustments to the bans and mutes, leading up to permanent on some.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I have received concerns from multiple staff that they have had to correct you for blocking and stealing. With this, you are lacking the support from the key-staff that maintain blackwonder's dodgeball servers. I do hope you continue to enjoy the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom