Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Rules on JB and how they can be abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimes

Unremarkable
Alright I've been playing Jailbreak since CMM and staff on a respectable amount of Jailbreak servers and owned my own for a small period of time, some of the rules are just stupid and the punishments received are just as bad, Hyped Bananas abuses this to ruin everyone's fun to the point where the server isn't fun. The sticky trap rule removes the point of even playing demo and rebelling and the baiting rule that results in an instant team ban is gross, if I have friends in the minigame and they don't care if I'm in there I should be allowed in there, what I'm requesting is that the rules get revamped and I'm happy to assist with that, but the player reports are just getting out of hand. I'm not naming names but Hyped Bananas just abuses this for his own gain. thanks love you

Edit: Some rules are fine but some I want to have changed to make jailbreak better and I feel like certain punishments should be relaxed, from past experience if everyone is playing jailbreak properly with no rebels/cheaters it makes the game really dull.
- Chimes xoxo

Last edited:

ShotMisser

Truly Feared
Can you make as list of it? Well let me tell you my opinion.

1. The sticky trap : I don't play demo that much but it is bad on the normal round because it can delay or even make of an unexpected/accidental freekill/mfk. You can still use sticky jumper so not all of demo feature were disable. It just better safe than sorry to me.

2. rebelling and the baiting rule : You can't get tban by rebeling because that wouldn't make sense. Baiting was not allowed in the rule because it is almost the same for sticky trap to me. Many accidental freekill could happen if the rule were not set.

3. Hyped Banana: Hes not is the fault because hes trying to make the server better by having less rule breaks .

from past experience if everyone is playing jailbreak properly with no rebels/cheaters it makes the game really dull.
4: Whats the point in the Break in JailBreak if prisoners couldn't rebel.

This is just my opinion and don't hate Hyped Banana if you get reported for Rule breaking or something worst might replace him.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
You can't call the rules bad just because you don't like them, keep breaking them, and keep getting punished for them. If there's something empirically wrong with the rules, you're welcome to share and then they can be discussed.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
I don't see why you needed to directly attack another member of the community. Players make reports in order to punish the people who break rules if no staff is online. Directing this thread to another member of the community after your recent punishment is quite immature when you could have avoided this by following the rules. I will admit, I also think the rules need updating. However, I believe the rules you point out are fine.

Sticky trapping:
The rule was set in place to prevent delaying. If it’s war day, and there are 6 guards in a building with stickies, how is anyone supposed to get in the building? There are many other possibilities. Also, this does not remove the point of playing demo as you say. Throwing stickies out and detting them right away is still an extremely strong tool.

Baiting as a guard while being in a minigame:
There are no exceptions for rules. Having friends in the minigame and having them not care is irrelevant. Baiting in the game prevents continuous progress because they can do whatever they want to hit you.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

The sticky trap rule removes the point of even playing demo
You should try pressing "1" on your keyboard when playing Demoman, I've heard he has another ranged weapon.
if I have friends in the minigame and they don't care if I'm in there I should be allowed in there
You aren't excused from the rules under any circumstances. Assuming you do have the experience, you should very well know that from anyone's perspective apart from you and your friends, they see you as someone who is rulebreaking and that is all. Granted with a warning, I personally would've punished you right then and there given the example you have provided because I would've only seen you as someone baiting.

Chimes

Unremarkable
Guess I should better explain myself and the post

1. Sticky Traps - it’s literally the only viable way to play rebelling demoman since you’re not gonna hit 2 direct pills on a solly or scout before you’re dead and no matter how much you break your m2 key it’s not gonna suddenly ignore delay. Yes sticky traps can cause freekills so just don’t let blues do it on normal rounds and if a demo is just camping one spot then they’re delaying they can be ghosted

2. The baiting rule - If the reds don’t care I’m in the mini game and I’m not causing a commotion I shouldn’t get punished for it

3. I only use Hyped Bananas as an example because he has an aura of toxicity around him that no one likes, and he knows if anyone goes against him he’ll just report them. To use the report system to make the server better is to report people causing ISSUES not having fun with other players. So the only fix would be to have a !calladmin feature and have the donors do their commands and have public reports still open but for when neither the one two work. Having multiple report on the top ranked players isn’t trying to make the server better

I’m not trying to cause controversy I’ve just been around for a while and my staffing experience and having a good server is what I want

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Let me start off by saying that we are always open to suggestions on how to make game play more welcoming to a larger audience. I am not sure you suggestions meet that criteria. The main reason for a significant number of the rules on JB is for consistency.

Alright I've been playing Jailbreak since CMM and staff on a respectable amount of Jailbreak servers and owned my own for a small period of time

We have had many, many thousands of different players come onto blackwonder JB servers (as of right now, JUST on LA JB, 41,040 unique steamids in the last 18 months or so) and with that, we need consistency.

1. Sticky Traps - it’s literally the only viable way to play rebelling demoman since you’re not gonna hit 2 direct pills on a solly or scout before you’re dead and no matter how much you break your m2 key it’s not gonna suddenly ignore delay. Yes sticky traps can cause freekills so just don’t let blues do it on normal rounds and if a demo is just camping one spot then they’re delaying they can be ghosted

But you could put stickies in the armory or medic and simply be in sight of it, not delaying. You could say the same for medic, unless you crit, it'll take two shots. And the stock launcher has 4 in the clip anyway. I apologize if I am wrong, but this sounds more like you have a desire to play a specific technique and are asking for the rules to be changed to accommodate it.

2. The baiting rule - If the reds don’t care I’m in the mini game and I’m not causing a commotion I shouldn’t get punished for it

You are talking about leaving a limitless number of exceptions to the rules. This would make it nearly impossible to moderate the server.

3. I only use Hyped Bananas as an example because he has an aura of toxicity around him that no one likes, and he knows if anyone goes against him he’ll just report them. To use the report system to make the server better is to report people causing ISSUES not having fun with other players. So the only fix would be to have a !calladmin feature and have the donors do their commands and have public reports still open but for when neither the one two work. Having multiple report on the top ranked players isn’t trying to make the server better

We have roughly 45-65 new players joining LA JB each day. The only way for these players to learn the rules, is to have them be consistently applied. One person's idea of "fun" may hurt the experience for the 41,039 players who just want to follow the rules. The rules have been adjusted many times over the years, but it is to bring an easier understanding to a broader audience, not to aide in how a few players may want to manipulate the game mode.
As for top ranked players being reported. No matter how many points you have on the server, you may still have a bad day and make a poor decision. Just because a player has days or weeks of time spent on the server, that doesn't make anyone exempt from the rules. Again, this would be unfair and would make it more confusing to newer players, who are trying to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom