Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Rio's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio

Personal Info

Name

Giorno. (commonly goes by Rio)

NSW, Australia

SteamID

STEAM_0:1:75118300

Server Info

Have you managed servers previously?

No.

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Yes

Which servers do you usually play?

AUSJB primarily, sometimes I go on USJB or Times X servers

Application Questions

Why do you want to become a mod?

- I decided to apply for mod a few days ago (20/10/2019)
- I decided to apply for mod because I believe I would make for a competent help for the roster, because I feel like I would be able to be able to make the server less toxic, and be able to play when other mods or admins are on
- I think I should be a moderator because I would be able to help make the server a better place by making sure mass freekillers, blu's without mics, people using derogatory language and hackers will be dealt with accordingly.
- I have experience in discord servers of being an administrator, and although they are 2 separate fields, I believe my knowledge and skill from discord administration will transfer well to Jailbreak moderator
- I have played on blackwonder servers for a while (I would say about 7 - 8 months) on and off of servers, recently it's what I have mainly been playing exclusively BLW AUSJB

Do I know any staff members

Yes; Foxsera. We talk regularly on discord and steam - they also gave me permission to use him as an example https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620812454661849120/636436028688695309/unknown.png

When am I able to play?

really any time, I mostly get on around 3PM because that's when people start joining, and I get off at anywhere between 10PM and 1AM. on Tuesdays I won't be on from 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM

How to go with punishment

Everyone

Late-Spawn
(Slay)
Inappropriate Decal
(Warn + Slay -> 1 Hour ban -> 3 Hour ban-> 6 Hour ban -> 1 Day ban -> 2 Day ban -> 3 Day ban -> 1 Week ban -> 2 Week ban -> 1 Month ban -> Perm)
Inappropriate Name
(Instant Perma-Ban)
Armoury Camping
(Warn + Slay -> 1 Hour ban -> 3 Hour ban-> 6 Hour ban -> 1 Day ban -> 2 Day ban -> 3 Day ban -> 1 Week ban -> 2 Week ban -> 1 Month ban -> Perm)
Voice Spam
(Warn -> 1 Hour mute -> 3 Hour mute -> 6 Hour mute -> 1 Day mute -> 2 Day mute -> 3 Day mute -> 1 Week mute -> 2 Week mute -> 1 Month mute -> Perm)

Talking over Warden constantly
(Warn -> 1 Hour mute -> 3 Hour mute -> 6 Hour mute -> 1 Day mute -> 2 Day mute -> 3 Day mute -> 1 Week mute -> 2 Week mute -> 1 Month mute -> Perm)
Overtalking Admins during Mic Check
Ghosting
(Warn -> 1 Hour gag -> 3 Hour gag -> 6 Hour gag -> 1 Day gag -> 2 Day gag -> 3 Day gag -> 1 Week gag -> 2 Week gag -> 1 Month gag -> Perm)
Spamming in chat
(Warn -> 1 Hour gag -> 3 Hour gag -> 6 Hour gag -> 1 Day gag -> 2 Day gag -> 3 Day gag -> 1 Week gag -> 2 Week gag -> 1 Month gag -> Perm)
Abuse of !calladmin
(Warn -> 1 Hour Ban -> 3 Hour Ban -> 6 Hour Ban -> 1 Day Ban -> 2 Day Ban -> 3 Day Ban -> 1 Week Ban -> 2 Week Ban -> 1 Month Ban -> Perm)

Red
Glitched Ammo
Freeday abuse
(Warn + Slay)

Blue

No Mic
(Warn/Mic Check -> Perm)
Unwilling to go Warden
(Warn -> 1 Hour teamban -> 3 Hour teamban -> 6 Hour teamban -> 1 Day teamban -> 2 Day teamban -> 3 Day teamban -> 1 Week teamban -> 2 Week teamban -> 1 Month teamban -> Perm)
Pardoning
(Warn -> 1 Hour teamban -> 3 Hour teamban -> 6 Hour teamban -> 1 Day teamban -> 2 Day teamban -> 3 Day teamban -> 1 Week teamban -> 2 Week teamban -> 1 Month teamban -> Perm)
Favoritism
(Warn + Slay -> 1 Hour teamban -> 3 Hour teamban -> 6 Hour teamban -> 1 Day teamban -> 2 Day teamban -> 3 Day teamban -> 1 Week teamban -> 2 Week teamban -> 1 Month teamban -> Perm)
Freehitting
(Warn + Slay -> 1 Hour teamban -> 3 Hour teamban -> 6 Hour teamban -> 1 Day teamban -> 2 Day teamban -> 3 Day teamban -> 1 Week teamban -> 2 Week teamban -> 1 Month teamban -> Perm)

Warden

Tricky, Conflicting or Invalid Orders
Lying
Illegal FF
Repeat Denial
Arena/Meatgrinder as first Minigame
LR Denial

Any other information that should be known?
As I've said before, although I haven't moderated a TF2 server, I'm both very good at abiding the rules and strictly punishing rule-breakers.

Thank you for reading this! <3

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Rio,

Here's my look at your app.

First off, you have 2 teambans logged:
1571865684993.png

they are about a month old, so I'm not sure if you learned from your mistakes and have improved.

your playtime stands at 3 days and 18 hours at the time or writing, which is good.

Checking your chatlogs:
1571865958888.png

The entries I would like to bring up are:
"FUCK YOU"
"IVE GOT A SORE THROAT YOU CUNT"
"IM A FREEDAY YOU FUCKING IDIOT"
"YES YOU FUCKING IDIOT"

These are a few examples. I cannot judge half the entries of "fuck" as there is a lack of context, but there are a few entries scattered here and there that are quite concerning. Usually they are also written in full caps, which makes them even more alarming. Could you please explain those entries?
(also, most of the entries are under 2 weeks old. )

taking a look at your punishments:

Inappropriate Name
(Instant Ban)
just asking, permanent ban?

Abuse of !calladmin
just letting you know, gagging someone doesn't prevent them from using commands such as /calladmin.

No Mic
Just make sure they have no mic then perm them. No question. They can appeal once they buy a mic (or get it from their basement, as someone once told me)

Going outside of Medic/Armory on Hunger Games
This could be considered baiting. (unless spectating is allowed by the warden)

In general, your punishment section looks fine. Just some minor issues here and there.

For me, you really need to mind your language as you use "fuck" multiple times a day (again, don't know in what context, when used as an expression is fine), and you need to update your punishment section.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Attachments

• 1571865838934.png
    1571865838934.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:

Jack.

uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀
Staff Member
G'day Rio,
It's good to see you applying.

I know you quite well and we speak often as stated in your application. You're quite influential on AUS Jailbreak and that is clear when you're playing. I believe you could ask anyone and they would tell you that you are respectful and polite. I know you can be quick tempered when it comes to someone free killing you or breaking rules against you, which i do understand but that's one of the things you need to have some more control over. You aren't one to break rules on purpose, and from what i have seen you know the rules quite well. If there are ever any questions about the rules you are usually the first to answer,

Overall I believe with some time and control of your language you could make a great moderator and addition to the AUS Staff team.
Good luck, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Rio

Hi! thank you for reviewing my application

First off, I'm very sorry for my language, and I know it seems absolutely awful out of context. The context behind me shouting the C word was between me and a friend, where I did have a sore throat and had to speak a little quieter as warden. I know I should have taken it a better way and I know I should change my ways/actions for the better of the future. Also, the amount of F bombs actually shocks me, I'm sorry I've been so inappropriate in the server.

Regarding the teambans, the first one was for roaming off as warden to kill a sniper with the look of one guard on the reds. I do know my mistake there and I should have been watching the reds over the rebeller. Secondly, the Teamkill as warden. I was mistaken and forgot how the LGKA rule works. I do acknowledge my mistake on that part, and although it may seem very recent, I have been keeping an eye on myself to not slip up and I believe I've been doing a good job, but that shouldn't be for me to decide.

With the punishments

Yes, the inappropriate name would be a perm ban. Also, I had no clue that !calladmin could be used when gagged. I should update it to a kick/ban. With the Mic, I understand, and should update that when I can. And finally, I was a bit confused on that, but thank you for informing me about how that is baiting.

Thank you for the review and showing me how I should improve. I'll try my hardest to improve for the server, and then once I become a better person in it, I'll try applying again.

Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom