Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Important Respawning list bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
As some of you know, some players have names that you can't type on your keybored, sometimes even if you copy their name you can't do anything with it, cuz it won't do shit. sometimes you want to do a command like "sm_respawn (player name)" but you can't cuz you can't type that, even if you copied it, it still doesn't work.

So, you simply use the !admin command and show the admin list, and go to the respawn option.

but... the problem is, it only shows "alive" players in the "respawn" list.
and thus you can't respawn them, cuz it only shows the alive players...

as shown in this video:

https://www.mediafire.com/?3yhyutcy0m0jqqr

As you can see, two players that are "dead" do not show on the list.
So... TL;DR
the respawn list only shows the alive players, instead of the dead players.

Thanks for reading.

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
I remember this issue, some people were killed due to a freerun lie on deathrun and then I tried to respawn them (first time this guy had done it) but couldn't, so I instead slayed the lier, a better treatment if I say so myself. But it does need fixing.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Use 'status' in console and then look at the value to the left of the player in question's name, which should look like #83, #153 etc. Just replace the player's name in the command with this number.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Use 'status' in console and then look at the value to the left, which should look like #83, #153 etc. Just replace the player's name in the command with this number.
too much work for too simple thing.
i still have to press ` and then i have to write "status" and then look up his name then copy, then paste, then hit enter... while i could simply write down "sm_rplayer viking"

or write !admin, or as i have it here it is binded, so i don't have to write it... press 9 multiple times until i find the respawn option, open it, find the player, press a button, he is respawned.

The thing is... i don't and i shouldn't do all of that just to "respawn" someone, however if it was a ban or whatever, that would make a lot of sense.

Plus, in jailbreak it's such a time consumer as well as a risky move, someone might rebel at any second.
(dat double post shit xd)

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hrm, all you need to do is press [console bind], glance at their name and memorize the 2-digit number, then /rplayer #34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom