Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted ReshiStar's Punishment Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReshiStar

Type of punishment:
Permanent Ban

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:89192075

Who has punished me:
Fish

Why was i punished:
As stated in the reason listed: "After receiving a ban for disrespecting a player and staff, player adds me to say this: https://gyazo.com/25a1509919cca1fbbd7004b9d67b3e98 No need for these type of people on blw.tf."

Why it should be revoked?:
I was hot headed due to a player constantly following me from server to server, but read the screenshot listed in the reason of punishment. "Wowee, you sure are pleasant. You've earned yourself a ban." At first i was gagged and then added fish to contact them, during such, he decided to ban me for the private conversation, which mind you, is outside of the server, technically abuse of power. And to further add to this, the fact they said it was temporary, which it's not. It states permanent. Not to also mention the fact they bothered to mock me, real mature on their part. I know I can't say much for myself in the case, but admins are supposed to be mature, not mock people and label them, and not abuse powers for things outside the server.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The ban was supposed to be temporary before you said, "kiss my ass, you abusive bitch." I decided to include the chatlogs in sourcebans to give anyone viewing the ban a sense of what I was working with. Oftentimes, behavior in a private convo carry over in-game. I also fail to see where I mocked you. May someone please direct me to the part of the chat log in which I mocked Reshi? Finally, you justified breaking a rule just because someone else was pestering you. If someone is following you, you are free to block communication with them and/or take a break from the game. I even warned you in-game multiple times. I feel you were to calmly explain to me the situation instead of opening with insults when I respectfully greeted you I would have been more than happy to give you a (third?) chance. On top of all of this, you can't even be bothered to apologize. In any case, I'm currently on vacation but I urge staff to message me on Steam with their thoughts. Thank you for appealing.

ReshiStar

That does not justify you abusing your power to ban someone for something outside of the server. You warned me once, ingame, only once. And using sarcasm to greet someone is not respectful. You saying "lol, anything else to say" is mocking, why should I apologize when abuse of power is in play? That's the same as saying sorry to an ingame cheater.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

You add him to have a "conversation" you then follow up by calling him a lazy fuck, how is he abusive for punishing you because you disrespected him (in private) about something that happened IN the server?

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

He didn't greet you with sarcasm, what you mention happened after you insulted him several times. I agree that Fish should have ignored and deleted you.
I believe the ban should be reduced to somewhere between a day and a week. You arguing that this happened outside of the game and thus this is abuse is false though, this was clearly related to the events that happened in-game, you can't just rub it off with "oh if I insult people privately right after they rightfully gagged me they can't do anything cuz it's a private conversation".

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
That does not justify you abusing your power to ban someone for something outside of the server. You warned me once, ingame, only once. And using sarcasm to greet someone is not respectful. You saying "lol, anything else to say" is mocking, why should I apologize when abuse of power is in play? That's the same as saying sorry to an ingame cheater.
Er, what? That's how I greet everyone that adds me. I trade avidly so I use it to create a good impression. It's just habit. Me asking if you had anything else to say was an invitation to vent (and admittedly humor me). I already addressed the "abuse of power" argument so I reckon I won't go in circles there.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
He didn't greet you with sarcasm, what you mention happened after you insulted him several times. I agree that Fish should have ignored and deleted you.
I believe the ban should be reduced to somewhere between a day and a week. You arguing that this happened outside of the game and thus this is abuse is false though, this was clearly related to the events that happened in-game, you can't just rub it off with "oh if I insult people privately right after they rightfully gagged me they can't do anything cuz it's a private conversation".
Actually, he removed me. I was willing to hear him out and not be the "lazy fuck" he claimed I was.

ReshiStar

Actually, he removed me. I was willing to hear him out and not be the "lazy fuck" he claimed I was.
Your attitude was not of one that signaled that. As you just said, "Me asking if you had anything else to say was an invitation to vent (and admittedly humor me)", that's less of wanting to hear me out, and more of a cocky attitude.

ReshiStar

I do admit I was being very rude, which I am sorry for because I understand that its no way to treat someone, but its still not a reason to ban someone in a separate location.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Your attitude was not of one that signaled that. As you just said, "Me asking if you had anything else to say was an invitation to vent (and admittedly humor me)", that's less of wanting to hear me out, and more of a cocky attitude.
What? You're going to tell me what I intended? Unless you are me, that makes no sense. In any case, you've mustered the courage to apologize, an incredibly humble move which I commend you for. Appeal accepted, please do not add admins to harass them after a punishment is served. Have a (black)wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom