Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Report against ] (US | Easy Dodgeball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddie

Unremarkable
User name: Baddie

Who are you reporting? ]

What server game mode is the report concerned with?
US | Easy Dodgeball

What is the accused persons's SteamID? STEAM_0:1:516139404

What is the reason of the report? Auto Airblast cheat

Files you have as proof File(s) attached

Any other proof you have pretty obvious, player can hit anything dead on regardless of speed but has no rocket control and no movement skill at all. displayed unnatural tracking, bad movement, aim even insta-snaps a few times back and forth to strange angles. guy starts off with jittery aim movement indicative of resolution difference between player and viewer and then mid-game his aim becomes unnaturally smooth. he also seems to really like backing himself into a corner- also very indicative.

Attachments

• ].dem
    32.5 MB · Views: 180

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
could you maybe give me some ticks where the alleged snapping happens? I don't have the time to watch through the 100k tick demo, i'm afraid.

Baddie

Unremarkable
I mean no offense Gibus, but if you're going to rely on the odd aim-snapping alone for conclusive evidence it would probably be better to have an admin more familiar with the game mode review the demo with you as it would be much faster for them to draw a conclusion. The strange snapping (not snap to target, but just aim snapping back and forth between two points) occurs at about 33000, Someone more familiar with the game mode should probably already have concluded by then that the person was cheating. (again, I mean no offense. It's simply a matter of experience with the game mode. For example I would have no clue what i was looking at in a jailbreak demo when people report freekillers simply because i have no experience with the mode and i would need to be much more careful in my review than something i were more familiar with or something that is obvious like micspam, racism, etc.)

As far as the demo- The aim movement alone should be very telling to an experienced player. The fact that they never once flick, drag, spike, or otherwise move the rocket while reflecting should send up red flags for anyone particularly experienced with dodgeball, and should be spotted early on as even newer players like kyurem in the demo have a degree of rocket control that "]" clearly doesn't. That would be fine if he were just a new player, but newer players don't hit rockets going 200+, in fact, they often struggle with even the slowest of rockets and rely heavily on orbiting a movement skill that causes the rocket to circle around the player giving them more time to hit it or recover from a miss- something else that this guy doesn't do even once over the course of the demo. The way he follows the rocket but don't have any control over the rocket when they reflect should also be a dead give-away. What this guy is doing is moving his aim (if it's even him doing it) to meet the rocket while humans typically move their aim to control the rocket. In an attempt to better explain this- After the airblast is first made there is a short duration during which a player can control the rocket's trajectory with their aim as it is dragged by the airblast before being released. When you watch normal players you'll see this manifest in the form of flicks and drags that often- due to high sensitivity and dpi- often look like sudden aim-shake to the inexperienced eye while experienced players know that it's the result of a player rapidly moving their mouse in one direction and then back in the other. You'll see kyurem, rabbit, and others doing this in the demo, but never once does the player in question do anything of the like because they have no rocket control. They're merely looking to the rocket and letting the auto-airblast hit it while exerting no control over the rocket's trajectory.

Because of the aforementioned ability to orbit a rocket, players tend to avoid backing themselves against a corner or a wall where their movement can be blocked and it becomes impossible to orbit. This player has no qualms about doing that and at several times runs against a wall or backs themself into a corner to airblast a rocket. (being near a corner isn't bad per-se but having your back against the walls in a corner is.) This is another behavior that is very unnatural unless you have something that is airblasting for you or you're using the wall to streighten out a rocket that would otherwise swing out too wide and be hard to hit if it gets too close (using walls this way is extremely situational and often only done at higher speeds, and typically only when speeding another player with a curve because any sudden change in rocket direction made by the other player will be very difficult to compensate for. Doing this against someone likely to change the direction and path of the rocket is not a choice a good player would make.)

Another very blatant example is the entire exchange with siphur at 55000. Yes he loses that exchange but i strongly suspect that "]" toggled their auto-airblast off or it just didn't work. he hit 240+ with no rocket control. Normal human behavior like returning your aim to the player you're vollying with after a reflect to see what direction they'll hit it next was something he just didn't do. Not to mention- no flicks, drags, orbits, spikes, etc, no rocket control or movement skill at all. just simply aiming at and returning the rocket.... it's not natural and should raise red flags for anyone watching "]" while i'm sure siphur was flicking and spiking and acting like a normal human would as he clearly exerted some control over the rocket- which is something "]" did not do. In fact, over the entire course of the demo not once did the player exert any control over the rocket, not to prevent or even to cause a switch (the rocket selects target based on distance from the person reflecting it weighted by the angle they're aiming at).

The demo's length is excessive. It shouldn't need to be watched to the end to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the guy with a not-even 3 month old account, 2 friends, one game, and very unnatural aim is using at minimum an auto-reflect cheat of some kind, though probably a multi-cheat given how their aim becomes much smoother mid-game as if some settings were changed during that odd aim-snapping moment, though I saw no direct evidence of aim-lock against players.

Again, i don't mean any of this as a slant against you or other admins, I'm simply hoping to get an obvious(to me) cheater banned and hopefully provide a little more information as to what is wrong here and why, so that perhaps it'll be easier to spot in the future.

Last edited:

Silorak

Monkas
Staff Member
Admin
Hello, Baddie.

Already in the beginning of the demo, he was quite obvious.
Anyways, the player has received their punishment.

Thank you for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom