Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Report against Starlight_ (2Fort US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Username: BananAsriel

Who are you reporting? Starlight_

What server game mode is the report concerned with?
2Fort US

What is the accused persons's SteamID? STEAM_0:1:26698484

What is the reason of the report? Cheating
Demo is over 15k ticks because of being afk during half of the recording
Tick where shots never align with the target hit:

Attachments

• 2fort_starlight.dem
    32.7 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Do you remember his ping while you were spectating
I used the status command at around tick 5400:

1609115355172.png

I should have compared it with the ping command. His movement is very consistent and fluid throughout most of the time i spectated him, poor connections don't give you the benefit of a higher cl_interp like as seen in ticks 4000 and 16000. On top of that he had been playing for nearly 2 hours prior to disconnecting, i doubt someone would put themselves through 2 hours of 2fort at 200+ ping

Last edited:

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

poor connections don't give you the benefit of a higher cl_interp
The short answer to this is yes, it does actually.

To understand the long answer, I'll give you some insights into what cl_interp does and why you can "stab back in time" with it. I'm gonna assume you know basic networking including ping and the constant communication a server and client have, and what game tick is. You can search it up or ask if you're unsure about something. I just don't want to write a small novel

First of all, you've probably noticed you can click on top of someone's head even though they're not actually there at that time (from the server's perspective) and still hit the person. This is the works of something called "lag compensation". When the server receives your shots, it also gets a bunch of other data like the timestamp of the shot, and because the server buffers a few seconds of ticks. It can go back in time and check if the shot you shot actually hit something. This is the concept of lag compensation and is why people with high ping can effectively "shoot through walls".

Now you might ask "but why does this happen when cl_interp is a high number?", that's a good question. You know that the server only updates everyone's position x times a second? (for tf2, I believe the default is 66) But why are everyone's animations and movement so smooth? That is the works of interpolation. In mathematics, there's a topic called linear interpolation, which is used to generate extra points between 2 points. This makes games able to smooth movement out without having a ridiculously high tick rate since a bunch of extra points for movement can be cheaply generated, but it requires time. So the client needs to be a bit behind to get the position of everyone and generate these extra points for smooth movement, and guess what? This means a high cl_interp forces you to be a bit behind everyone else just like having a high ping does, and you'll make the server go back in time further while checking your shots.

i doubt someone would put themselves through 2 hours of 2fort at 200+ ping
You'll be surprised

After rewatching the demo, I can't really see anything other than him just having a high ping. Looking at where he's aiming, it looks like he isn't aiming at people but behind them. Combined with the explanation above, I'd say he's as legit as they can be.

Also, for future hacker reports. It'd be nice to have at least 6 different timestamps, a small description of each of these timestamps, and a clear aimbot, wallhack, etc at the start of the report so people checking it out know what the person reported is using. A fine example of this can be found here.

Last edited:

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Also, for future hacker reports. It'd be nice to have at least 6 different timestamps, a small description of each of these timestamps, and a clear aimbot, wallhack, etc at the start of the report so people checking it out know what the person reported is using. A fine example of this can be found here

Matter was that the player left shortly after staff had joined, Shadow Mario hopped on the server andthe player decided shortly after that he "was done" promptly leaving. I would have gathered more had the player not left.

After rewatching the demo, I can't really see anything other than him just having a high ping. Looking at where he's aiming, it looks like he isn't aiming at people but behind them. Combined with the explanation above, I'd say he's as legit as they can be.

When comparing that a poor connection doesn't give you the benefit a higher cl_interp i was pointing out at the flow of the player throughout the entire demo. I already understand how interpolation works, although the explanation is always welcome, the difference between a poor and unstable connection and a deliberately high interpolation is the fluidity, throughout the entire recording the player has clear fluid movement, someone with a connection poor enough to be above 200 ping would commonly bump into walls, miss corners and struggle hitting other players and by what you explained then this person would be abusing cl_interp which i doubt would be is the only thing this player is doing: on the last tick where he kills the pyro with the intel its clear that his reticle takes a snap ti the right the moment he fires and kills him, because the pyro was carrying the intel and drops it you can see if the player was aiming behind them as you explained it wouldnt make any sense that the resulting position of the kill was to the right instead of where he was originally aiming frames before the shot

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
I do not believe he is cheating either - he is very laggy throughout the whole demo, and not only that but he is also missing many of his shots.
With that said, I will be closing this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom