Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Report against RainbowRob

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerSave

Strange

FerSave

Who are you Reporting? RainbowRob

What is the accused persons SteamID? [U:1:189470288]

What rules has the reported player broken? he was clearly griefing the map using a teleporter and building out of bounds. wrangling with sentry, as he did to kill me, and let enemy spies to join him as "friendlies". by advise, the only reason i didn't record was due to think about reporting too late.

Upload any proof you have here!

Provide any links to proof here!

Attachments

• 20160824040531_1.jpg
    20160824040531_1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 20160824040539_1.jpg
    20160824040539_1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 20160824040548_1.jpg
    20160824040548_1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 20160824041400_1.jpg
    20160824041400_1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 262

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
i'm not sure if griefing is against the rules. but i'm pretty sure this is also called exploit, unless i'm a fuking retard.

Anyways, i'm not sure how he can kill anyone from that distance and far far away from any player, unless someone actually tries to go there and kill him.

Anyways, hopefully other admins can give us their opinions as well.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Well, there is one weapon where you can kill people from a distant. I barely play engi so idk what it's named but you can then controll your sentry on where to shoot. I don't know if it happend here though but I think exploiting should be against the rules. No?

Xentris

Unremarkable

Xentris

Well, there is one weapon where you can kill people from a distant. I barely play engi so idk what it's named but you can then controll your sentry on where to shoot. I don't know if it happend here though but I think exploiting should be against the rules. No?
He said Wrangling with sentry so he was already using wrangler to shoot out of normal range

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Just to clarify something, i know that he can use the wrangler, but i'm only stating the fact that if anyone is going to be killed by him it's someone who is idiot enough to try and stand in one place every time he tries to kill the engi, that's all.

Anyways, exploiting is banable,and this is his first ban.... thus a 2 days ban should be enough.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
To be clear... I wasn't wrangling to kill anyone, rather to try to escape from there. From that angle, you cannot kill anyone anyway. For him to have even been killed by that sentry they would have had to been falling off the cliff anyway. I had the dispenser right there to heal me.

As for exploiting, the tele was not active I used the wrench that allows you to teleport back and forth. Since you can get there with "flying" I didn't how this was breaking any rules. If "flying" can take you there, then you should die immediately like you do when falling down the cliff.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

It's not because you roll something like flying, that it removes the "exploiting" part. I rolled flying on several servers, didn't went exploiting because it's common sense. No? :x Just my unpopular opinion here.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
It's not because you roll something like flying, that it removes the "exploiting" part. I rolled flying on several servers, didn't went exploiting because it's common sense. No? :x Just my unpopular opinion here.

It just caught me off guard. Ive had the account for several years and have never so much as been warned. Let alone banned lol.

The OP was not killed by me wrangling. At the angle it was at, it COULDN'T. The OP would have already been dead by the time it could have. And I did build a tele entrance at one point, at the request of other players. And they simply entered the 'kill' command when they wanted to leave. I dunno. I just thought it was harsh because

1. I didn't kill the OP like he is accusing me of doing
2. I wasn't intentionally trapping anyone
3. I got there from a RTD, not by some nefarious means.
4. I've never been so much as warned and I was banned immediately. I would understand if it was some new account.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
To be clear... I wasn't wrangling to kill anyone, rather to try to escape from there. From that angle, you cannot kill anyone anyway. For him to have even been killed by that sentry they would have had to been falling off the cliff anyway. I had the dispenser right there to heal me.

The "Fact" that you exploited is good enough to ban you.

As for exploiting, the tele was not active I used the wrench that allows you to teleport back and forth.

even if the teleporter is active, don't care really...

Since you can get there with "flying" I didn't how this was breaking any rules. If "flying" can take you there, then you should die immediately like you do when falling down the cliff.

Not sure if you really did play this game for 1800 hours as you said before, but holy shit man, it's not our fault how the "DEFAULT MAP THAT WAS MADE BY VALVE" can be exploited or not using the !rtd, it's only common sense that the map can be exploited in any way, but you just can't do that since it's already mentioned in the !rules list.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The "Fact" that you exploited is good enough to ban you.

even if the teleporter is active, don't care really...

Not sure if you really did play this game for 1800 hours as you said before, but holy shit man, it's not our fault how the "DEFAULT MAP THAT WAS MADE BY VALVE" can be exploited or not using the !rtd, it's only common sense that the map can be exploited in any way, but you just can't do that since it's already mentioned in the !rules list.

I am leaving the servers altogether. But to be clear, what you are doing here....

1. I could not have done what the OP came to complain about.
  2. You are aware that your perks allow such activities but do nothing to change it
  3. Penalize individuals on the first offense, even if they aren't hurting anyone.
That is like putting a kid alone in a room with a bunch of cookie, without them knowing that they shouldn't eat them. The logic just isnt there.

Either way. Thank you for the prompt reply, I get it now. And have a great rest of your summer.

P.S. I was wrong it is 1653 hours.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I am leaving the servers altogether. But to be clear, what you are doing here....

1. I could not have done what the OP came to complain about.
  2. You are aware that your perks allow such activities but do nothing to change it
  3. Penalize individuals on the first offense, even if they aren't hurting anyone.
That is like putting a kid alone in a room with a bunch of cookie, without them knowing that they shouldn't eat them. The logic just isnt there.

Either way. Thank you for the prompt reply, I get it now. And have a great rest of your summer.

P.S. I was wrong it is 1653 hours.
Exploiting is a common sence known rule. It's on the rules list aswell. You didn't got permabanned, just two days. LOL

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Exploiting is a common sence known rule. It's on the rules list aswell. You didn't got permabanned, just two days. LOL

You did not actually add logic. The server not only allows for, but the perks seem to encourage this type of exploiting. (As it happens at least once an hour, often with people camping in the spawns). They know its a problem, but do nothing to try and change it. Like they are baiting for people to intentionally or unintentionally (in my case) break rules. It just seemed like some gray area or permissible since it happened to often. Again, if I was crouch locking or something else. I would have readily submitted to your reasoning.

And lastly. FerSave was the one who actually asked me to make an entrance to let him go down there as a spy. He did it at 2:44AM EST soon after saying something about a "long range backscratcher" in the chat.

Order of events.

He fell down the ravine, must have seen the stuff after he died, asked to come down, asked me how i did it ( I told him exactly how I fell down there.) then reported me. Adorable of him.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

You did not actually add logic. The server not only allows for, but the perks seem to encourage this type of exploiting. (As it happens at least once an hour, often with people camping in the spawns). They know its a problem, but do nothing to try and change it. Like they are baiting for people to intentionally or unintentionally (in my case) break rules. It just seemed like some gray area or permissible since it happened to often. Again, if I was crouch locking or something else. I would have readily submitted to your reasoning.

And lastly. FerSave was the one who actually asked me to make an entrance to let him go down there as a spy. He did it at 2:44AM EST soon after saying something about a "long range backscratcher" in the chat.

Order of events.

He fell down the ravine, must have seen the stuff after he died, asked to come down, asked me how i did it ( I told him exactly how I fell down there.) then reported me. Adorable of him.
If I leave my cellphone on a table and turn my back to it. I kind of encourage people to be able to steal it. But it's commen sense you don't do it. If you still do it, you can get arrested for it.

The servers add an extra feature to make it different than most servers but some things are bugged or have a flaw. Therefor people make threads that there is an issue. Nobody is asking you to break a rule. lol

You broke a rule, got caught, reported and punished. End of story.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
If I leave my cellphone on a table and turn my back to it. I kind of encourage people to be able to steal it. But it's commen sense you don't do it. If you still do it, you can get arrested for it.

The servers add an extra feature to make it different than most servers but some things are bugged or have a flaw. Therefor people make threads that there is an issue. Nobody is asking you to break a rule. lol

You broke a rule, got caught, reported and punished. End of story.

It's funny you word it this way. I just saw Wolf on the main page joking about banning someone, in gest. As if this is 2006 MySpace, with mods playing g-d.

And comparing theft to a video game is a false equivalency. If you escalate the crime to murder, you will see the fallaciousness of it.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

It's funny you word it this way. I just saw Wolf on the main page joking about banning someone, in gest. As if this is 2006 MySpace, with mods playing g-d.

And comparing theft to a video game is a false equivalency. If you escalate the crime to murder, you will see the fallaciousness of it.
It's just a comparison like you did with your cookies, eh. And Wolf can joke. Or are admins not allowed to joke in a shoutbox? Just accept it and move on?

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper

You got caught breaking the rules, even tho if it was encouraging, that's not a reason to break them, the rules were simple, don't exploit, however you did.

right now i could say: ""that your stupidness encourages me to ban you for even longer time.""
BUT i can't say or do that, because that's not how i'm supposed to act or deal with people or ban people for no obvious reason, because that would be breaking the obvious rules i or the community set for me when i became an admin.

i don't care what happens next, all i care and know now is that you were breaking the rules, end of story.

And for fuck sake man, it's only 2 days, one day left form the original duration, it's not worth it talking big about all this shit.

However... the fact that the OP told you to help him go there so he can exploit with you, if you have any evidence of that then please give us any proof you have, if you don't then don't talk about it ever again.

and EXCUSE ME? admins can't joke? holy shit man, do you know what sarcasm or humor is?
it's very obvious that it was a joke... again you started to talk about something that had NOTHING to do with your issue, and making stupid problems out of simply stupid things.

7b655d566a.png

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

And Wolf can joke. Or are admins not allowed to joke in a shoutbox?
I've seen people tell me stuff like that. For example if I rebel all the time people get annoyed because I destroy their Last Request because I love killing the wardens. Than later some kiddo told me he was gonna report me for not idk, hacking, freekilling, no for "Rebelling" because rebelling as admin is totally not allowed amirite.
So like 4 people agreed with him and they were omg you're admin you're not allowed to rebel like dafuq, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom