Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Report against Mothman (Jailbreak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris P Bacon

Strange
Username: Chris P Bacon

Who are you reporting? Mothman

What server game mode is the report concerned with?
Jailbreak

What is the accused persons's SteamID? STEAM_0:1:110829797

What is the reason of the report? power abuse, being overly sensitive over me saying the terms fucking idiot, retard, and moron. Due to this being a common thing or saying in TF2 community and jailbreak no clue why out of the bunch I was banned, as Mothman having beef with me simply because I was logically better, not saying his emotions don't matter to the scenario but if he is a admin he can know the proper rules and not abuse power from being a baby.

Any other proof you have Demo logs from general chat

Chris P Bacon

Strange
And yes this is common, cannot deny the fact of how playfully toxic mfs be in this game. But if you need directions where the demo log is its from "%name%"

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Quick copypasta from the rules:

Do not be offensive to other users​

Being offensive to anyone on our servers is not tolerated.

There are no exceptions for common usage in there. Jim rightfully policing inappropriate language does not constitute admin abuse.

Chris P Bacon

Strange
Quick copypasta from the rules:

Do not be offensive to other users​

Being offensive to anyone on our servers is not tolerated.

There are no exceptions for common usage in there. Jim rightfully policing inappropriate language does not constitute admin abuse.
Will this also be implied to the admin? Or just the members.

Chris P Bacon

Strange
Please point out where in the demo where this is the case, giving us the tick count.
Near 20 minute timer of mario if it is what the map is called. Mothman had also tried overtaking my LR and had also rebuttal with hateful things. I can stand up for myself and be honest, granted I will take the ban because its only two hours. But the admin is still a hot head and is extremely biased in situations.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Finally got around to watching the relevant parts of the demo, the absolute worst Jim said was calling Pog Champ Enthusiast bad and a crybaby, which is both within acceptable boundaries and somewhat justified, as, respectfully, Pog had no idea what he was talking about. Both him and most of the server, yourself included, seemed to be making up rules and getting mad at Jim when he didn't play along.
Mothman had also tried overtaking my LR and had also rebuttal with hateful things. I can stand up for myself and be honest, granted I will take the ban because its only two hours. But the admin is still a hot head and is extremely biased in situations.
You can't use LRs to get other players unmuted or give yourself the ability to give orders as a red, go warden if you want to give orders. He didn't "overtake" your LR, he just ignored the invalid modifiers. "Safe zone" is not a term that carries any weight either.
Subjectively I don't believe Jim's conduct was inappropriate, objectively there was no abuse of power present in that demo.
But the admin is still a hot head and is extremely biased in situations.
Correctly handling the enforcement of rules as well as the constant stream of insults poured at him is not indicative of bias.

Leaving this open in case @Viking34 or other staff wish to review the demo themselves, but I doubt they'll disagree with my take on it.

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Hi

Although I'm not a Jailbreak junkie because Blackwonder has some "interesting" mechanics and different playstyle against other servers, I like to put my opinion and input on this situation.

At tick 70000 is where the party starts to get started where Jim was warden. As cells open, Jim mistakenly said yellow line but instead said blue line and AFK freeze. Jim also repeated himself 4-5 times after the repeat was already given when he said "blue line, blue line". Jim starts to get mocked by another guard. A few mins later after Jim told reds to croutch walk no touch button, a heavy decided to stop, move a little, stop, move a little, and continuously do it. Jim ended up killing them, and Chris starts to complain about how he was croutch walking but couldn't actually see what's happening outside. Chris then says, "You didn't say no delay", then Jim says "I don't have to".
delay.PNG

After spy lives and be given lr, then proceeds to die. Pog starts to tell Jim to "KYS". Although surprised, Jim didn't mute him for toxicity and left him alone. Pog then proceeds to mock Jim after round ends.

At tick 87500, Jim proceeds to call Pog bad and a crybaby due to the fact that Pog was still angry about the round when he was "croutch walking". Pog still continues to mock Jim throughout rounds.

Tick 98300, Pog say's to pardon reds although in the rules, it says you can't pardon as that is favouritism against other reds. Chris then proceeds to tell Pog that he cannot pardon as Pog seems to be confused.
favouritism.PNG

Tick 111000 is where the "safe zones" come in play. Pog proceeds to assume there are "safe zones" in the Blackwonder servers although there is no such thing as Jim says, "Safe zones? This isn't tag". Pog then says "Okay, whatever.." Moving on to tick 115000 where Borker goes up on the roof of amoury and gets freekilled as Borker did absolutely nothing except go up. Pog assumes "safe zones" are still in play as going up into the roof of amoury is a big no but Jim argues with him that there is no such thing as a safe zone. Chris then defends Pog as they both knew what they were talking about. Pogs ended up getting slayed and Jim wasn't having it, per Chris too (not the slay). Jim goes warden and Chris is mocking Jim, ending up calling Jim a moron.
being overly sensitive over me saying the terms fucking idiot, retard, and moron.
Jim surprisely brushed it off as it was nothing.

120000 is where Chris starts to command reds specific things he wanted and Jim wasn't having it as Jim was warden at that moment. Chris proceeds to argue with Jim that it'll be lr denial if Jim didn't comply with Chris's rules.

Tick 129300 is where Pog starts to argue with Jim saying the spy was in the blue's "safe zone" as hunger games is still in play. Chris then tells Jim to "Shut up".

Tick 209500 is where Chris ends up getting muted by Jim for 2 hours. Chris then gets mad at Jim and calls him "a fucking idiot".

Tick 217000 is where 10000 Cold Knights joins the chaos and overlord is warden. Besides the fact that overlord is an incompetent warden, we won't be talking about him.

Those ticks are mainly the component parts that were really beneficial towards this report.

My opinion on this, I believe this wasn't even close to admin abuse at all. Sure, Jim could've been more "lenient" towards you guys but you guys mostly backfired hate and insults towards him as he was basically getting attacked.

But the admin is still a hot head and is extremely biased in situations.
I'm pretty sure he was keeping is cool. His head was still intact and he didn't blow up or anything.

I can stand up for myself and be honest, granted I will take the ban because its only two hours.
Then you would understand your ban and learn from that experience rather than to argue with him

Respectfully, I believe there was no abuse at all and I truly believe Jim was enforcing the rules as those 2 (Chris and Pog) had no idea what they were doing. (Excluding Overlord, since he was the worst) This is my input on this and I'm most certainly defending Jim on this one, providing the demo that Preacher has provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom