Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Report against Darthie (>:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
Mistakes... mistakes happen... everyone do mistakes. we already covered this topic, it doesn't matter if he did these perma ban mistakes, since... it was a mistake.

And since we all know that he is new to the admin world, he might forget a few commands, as well as how to write them.

however the topic now is the fact that he gaged/muted someone for saying "you got butthurt?"
which is not admin-like behavior.
I went trough the commands with him 2 times and... he managed to do it wrong 3 times

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Mistakes... mistakes happen... everyone do mistakes. we already covered this topic, it doesn't matter if he did these perma ban mistakes, since... it was a mistake.

And since we all know that he is new to the admin world

He got accepted as moderator 48 days ago, i wouldn't say he's new.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I went trough the commands with him 2 times and... he managed to do it wrong 3 times
umm... again... mistakes...
and again... he is new to the admin world... you can't just blame him for that, i don't care how many times he was told/educated how to use the commands.
we can't deny the fact that he is still trying to remember them and use them.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
I think that he needs to practice them on a training server with some willing puppets. Oh, there's a server idea: Admin training for the new admins with 0 experience

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
This will help to teach him (and others like him) about what is "big" and requires large ban times and what is small and requires taps, warnings, or small ban times.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I'm sorry, 3 people were permanently banned. You can see how many times they tried to join the server afterwards and got blocked. And possible abuse/bad behavior. Tomato Kat said he thinks Darthie is not qualified to be an admin. Lack of experience and making mistakes is one way an admin app. can be declined.

I'm just saying you can't ignore mistakes.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Yes, but for those that were lucky enough to still get accepted so as to make good of the ones accepted. This is one fix though, and all the previous bans that can be perceived as abuse or mistakes makes it hard to go between the two. So I thought of new server idea, and then when it happens, he'll have no excuse of making a "mistake". This goes somewhere in between, as he looks guilty and then naive at different perspectives. I have no access to the logs so I can only scratch the surface of the situation, so I may be slightly misinformed, but this is what I think from what was said so far.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I'm sorry, 3 people were permanently banned. You can see how many times they tried to join the server afterwards and got blocked. And possible abuse/bad behavior. Tomato Kat said he thinks Darthie is not qualified to be an admin. Lack of experience and making mistakes is one way an admin app. can be declined.

i guess that's just how i... deal with people... i just have this thing in mind that i just can't go against or punish people for their "very obvious" mistakes... that's all

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats

The administrator/moderator position is one that holds very big responsibility, as you said, we can't ignore those BIG mistakes, even if he didn't make them in purpose.

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
I spoke to Darthie and he said he used a space when he punished the first 2. SM thought it was time but since those arent numbers it made it perma.
The 3rd might have been a doublespace but im not sure if the plugin would think the space would be time or together with the reason

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
He wouldn't make a good coder if he makes that mistake three times on a single line that should had been proof read as it was a ban. When you ban, you have to be sure, and the way to do this is to double check the completed line before submitting it. You two may be friends but it doesn't look too good for him, considering he didn't change it afterwards. Perhaps you can teach him to be a good admin then since you keep in touch with him. In my most honest opinion, to be an admin you need to find the knowledge beforehand. Admin is serious business, and you can't go in with just the right mindset. You need the knowledge. And the best way to do this is to research it. Use these links:
Information on SourceMod
Admin Commands

to help. That doesn't mean you instantly know how to do it though. Practice makes perfect. Blunt maybe, but that's me being honest.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I spoke to Darthie and he said he used a space when he punished the first 2. SM thought it was time but since those arent numbers it made it perma.
The 3rd might have been a doublespace but im not sure if the plugin would think the space would be time or together with the reason

I think it should be Darthie the one to excuse himself and explain what's going on.
He's been online for some time.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Not to be mean, but when you say that Herobrine I lose all sympathy because he can't face a report himself. This only makes it look worse on him, as it shows he can't face a problem against him directly, which is undesired in a good admin.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Look, Darthie may be a nice guy once you get to know him, but I feel like he's just not ready. I know a few may share the same view, but that's just that. If he takes it well, then good on him, that's one quality down for a good admin. If not, then he doesn't deserve to be admin.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Apparently he resigned. I don't know if this proves anything or not. I honestly just think he got a bit scared too. That's not even the point anymore. I just want him to know that he is always welcome here even if he's not an admin and I hope he'll stay active. c:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I'm noone to actually repply to this, but if this is the first time of talking about the subject that he made misstakes and people are talking about second chances overal on the forum, doesn't he deserve a second chance? And he will keep repeating making the misstake if nobody acknowledges him on it, therefor, he cannot improve. If he keeps making them time after time even after being told he is doing it wrong, then talk about it between admins and owners. I don't think talking about an admin like I read on this post is how it should be handled. Atleast, that's my opinion.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
I'm noone to actually repply to this, but if this is the first time of talking about the subject that he made misstakes and people are talking about second chances overal on the forum, doesn't he deserve a second chance? And he will keep repeating making the misstake if nobody acknowledges him on it, therefor, he cannot improve. If he keeps making them time after time even after being told he is doing it wrong, then talk about it between admins and owners. I don't think talking about an admin like I read on this post is how it should be handled. Atleast, that's my opinion.
It's good that you see it that way, it's a very good point of view. Its shows you are a very forgiving person, a good trait in anyone. But my opinion differs when he can't face the problem himself and has someone else doing battle for him. He's like a general that only watches, never fights, and takes all the glory (he probably doesn't take the glory, but that's not the point, the point is he doesn't fight his own battles). He would have been given another chance (most likely) if he was to comment on what he did and why he did it, instead of sending Herobrine to do it for him. This would had shown if he did the messaging himself that he was sorry for what he did and will strive to do better, but because he didn't, my opinion is that a second chance would had been a wasted chance. I understand that your opinion is different, so I'm not trying to change that, I'm just stating my one, because it's nice to know you are forgiving.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Does he deserve a second chance?
Yes.
Should we ignore his mistakes?
No.
What should we do? (in my opinion)
Demote him for the time being. Tell him what he did wrong and what he should do next time. The length can be argued about. When the time is up, ask him if he is ready yet and what consequences it will have next time. Make him admin again and maybe watch him the first week. Also, if he needs to ban someone in the first week, he should ask another admin beforehand. If none are available, ban him a short time and then talk as soon as possible to another admin.
Your opinions on my suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom