Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Report against BroronGaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
Who are you Reporting? BroronGaming

What is the accused persons SteamID? STEAM_0:0:119900991

What rules has the reported player broken? No kids in Voice Chat (I would've muted him, but Sourcemod was down.)

Upload any proof you have here!

Provide any links to proof here!

Attachments

• kid.dem
    1.1 MB · Views: 249

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
wait i'm confused as fk now :-DDDDD

no kids on voice chat, i understand that sure, but shouldn't we make some exceptions?

for example if the ""kid"" 's mic wasn't shitty, as well as his voice is not squeaky, as well as he doesn't scream for no reason or does any kind of spam for no reason, as well as he is mature, shouldn't THEN he is allowed or okay to use the voice chat?

like.. all of these conditions should be something that the ""kid"" has....
no shitty mic, no squeaky voice. no spamming in any way on mic chat. mature ""kid""

only then he will be able to use his mic... i mean.... idk you tell me, you're the boss.

EDIT:
this might affect Jailbreak servers as well, since some of the wardens i know there are ""kids"" but they aren't annoying in any way, in fact they are good... they have all the conditions above, and thus... well... i didn't really punish them.

however, i would also like to ask...
how long should we mute these ""kids"", i mean... if it was for a day or two or even a week, they would still come back and use the mic chat again.... so why don't we just mute every kid for a 6~12 months until he matures, buys a better mic, and hopefully their voice is not squeaky anymore?
... i think that won't work as well.... because then they would have already abandoned the servers in which they can't speak in.

and so, i find it really... weird (at least for me) that we should mute kids for the fact that they are "kids" but maybe for the reasons i mentioned, or extra other reasons someone could suggest as well.

honestly i'm very confused right now >_< i might have said things that sound crazy or unreal... so, i would like to hear out your opinion on how to deal with this.... Issue?

BTW, should i put this in a new whole thread? since this... turned out to be a different topic from what's going on? and... all what i typed right now seems to be a bit long and well-fit for a thread?

Last edited:

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
wait i'm confused as fk now :-DDDDD

no kids on voice chat, i understand that sure, but shouldn't we make some exceptions?

for example if the ""kid"" 's mic wasn't shitty, as well as his voice is not squeaky, as well as he doesn't scream for no reason or does any kind of spam for no reason, as well as he is mature, shouldn't THEN he is allowed or okay to use the voice chat?

like.. all of these conditions should be something that the ""kid"" has....
no shitty mic, no squeaky voice. no spamming in any way on mic chat. mature ""kid""

only then he will be able to use his mic... i mean.... idk you tell me, you're the boss.

EDIT:
this might affect Jailbreak servers as well, since some of the wardens i know there are ""kids"" but they aren't annoying in any way, in fact they are good... they have all the conditions above, and thus... well... i didn't really punish them.

however, i would also like to ask...
how long should we mute these ""kids"", i mean... if it was for a day or two or even a week, they would still come back and use the mic chat again.... so why don't we just mute every kid for a 6~12 months until he matures, buys a better mic, and hopefully their voice is not squeaky anymore?
... i think that won't work as well.... because then they would have already abandoned the servers in which they can't speak in.

and so, i find it really... weird (at least for me) that we should mute kids for the fact that they are "kids" but maybe for the reasons i mentioned, or extra other reasons someone could suggest as well.

honestly i'm very confused right now >_< i might have said things that sound crazy or unreal... so, i would like to hear out your opinion on how to deal with this.... Issue?

BTW, should i put this in a new whole thread? since this... turned out to be a different topic from what's going on? and... all what i typed right now seems to be a bit long and well-fit for a thread?
An admin told me once, that the rule is only there to keep kids at a minimum so that they wont be raged on cuz of their voice. So they wont get punished for it. Its just there to "scare" them.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Muting someone for being 'a child' is retarded. I'd have thought common sense would have taken away from the rigidity of following rules to the mark. Obviously if someone is minding their own business, but happen to be 13 years old, why on earth should I mute him?

Younger people do happen to be more annoying, yes, there's a correlation, but lets not generalise and mute everyone. Should be obvious, tbh.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Muting someone for being 'a child' is retarded. I'd have thought common sense would have taken away from the rigidity of following rules to the mark. Obviously if someone is minding their own business, but happen to be 13 years old, why on earth should I mute him?

Younger people do happen to be more annoying, yes, there's a correlation, but lets not generalize and mute everyone. Should be obvious, tbh.
ok, thanks for clearing things up..... again >_<

TF2 has its own mute menu....
as i mentioned before in some post that i don't remember where or when....
it's not that it's easy to mute the "kids" it's just that in some game modes it's important to hear out everyone. (it's very important that the player that you can't hear, everyone else can't hear, that's why then you can play safely)

for example: in saxton hale, if there is that one kid that's screaming and fking around all the time, speaks english tho, and then for example some people got tired of him and muted him from the tf2 menu, later on that same kid can ghost to one of his friends using the in-game voice chat or all the remaining people in the server that didn't mute that kid about where that player is, even tho you shouldn't...

for example he ghosts you while you play saxton hale, while you are an engineer and you didn't setup your building yet while the hale don't know where you're at.... that's ghosting, but you never knew he was ghosting, cuz you muted him from the menu.

(however, if you did setup your building and you are ""waiting"" for the saxton hale to *find* you, then it's okay for anyone to ghost where you are at, only at that time)

or even in jailbreak, a ""Dead"" blue or red can ghost of where is the rebelled prisoner is at while the round is still in progress. (for example there are still 8 prisoners, 1 or 2 rebelled prisoner(s), and 4 blues.)

so when you hear him ghost (for example) multiple times and hopefully you were able to record him ghost in a demo or something, you can report him and then he gets punished.

However, in a trade server, you can mute everyone if you don't want to trade and just kill players there. so, if anyone ghosted there... most of the time it won't be that big of a deal.

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
ok, thanks for clearing things up..... again >_<

as i mentioned before in some post that i don't remember where or when....
it's not that it's easy to mute the "kids" it's just that in some game modes it's important to hear out everyone. (it's very important that the player that you can't hear, everyone else can't hear, that's why then you can play safely)

for example: in saxton hale, if there is that one kid that's screaming and fking around all the time, speaks english tho, and then for example some people got tired of him and muted him from the tf2 menu, later on that same kid can ghost to one of his friends using the in-game voice chat or all the remaining people in the server that didn't mute that kid about where that player is, even tho you shouldn't...

for example he ghosts you while you play saxton hale, while you are an engineer and you didn't setup your building yet while the hale don't know where you're at.... that's ghosting, but you never knew he was ghosting, cuz you muted him from the menu.

(however, if you did setup your building and you are ""waiting"" for the saxton hale to *find* you, then it's okay for anyone to ghost where you are at, only at that time)

or even in jailbreak, a ""Dead"" blue or red can ghost of where is the rebelled prisoner is at while the round is still in progress. (for example there are still 8 prisoners, 1 or 2 rebelled prisoner(s), and 4 blues.)

so when you hear him ghost (for example) multiple times and hopefully you were able to record him ghost in a demo or something, you can report him and then he gets punished.

However, in a trade server, you can mute everyone if you don't want to trade and just kill players there. so, if anyone ghosted there... most of the time it won't be that big of a deal.
you could have said this earlyer. SM doesnt even have an unmute command. Or nobody knows it

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

The reason of trouble on Jailbreak for muting annoying spammers/screamers is that they end up on blue team and when they are Warden, you can't hear their orders. And therefor you are unable to play that round. So on Jailbreak muting people personally is the worst thing you can do, therefor a stricter action against micspammers. But on most servers I just personally mute the guy/kid when I get annoyed, it's not going to affect my gameplay. But on Jailbreak it would, therefor a report instead of personall mute.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

you could have said this earlyer. SM doesnt even have an unmute command. Or nobody knows it

Incorrect. No server owner worth his salt uses core SM to manage comms and bans anyway. We all use SourceBans, which does have this functionality.

The commands in the "Player Commands" part of the admin menu are SM versions and shouldn't be used.

(SM core DOES have ungag and unmute btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom