Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove Rebel Status on Jailbreak but keep Rebelling chat notification | Please give feedback

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

As the title states. i highly appreciate if you take the time to give your feedback since rebel status is quite a piece in jailbreak, i understand if this suggestion comes off as asking for too much but i would appreciate to have the input of others that frequent jailbreak like i do
I believe the rebel status, that red glow that highlights you for 30 seconds upon hitting a blue, should be disabled; however, i believe that the chat notification that calls out a player for rebelling ( Bananasriel has rebelled! ) should stay and here's why:
  • The Rebel status is unnecessary and rather a pain for a lot of lr's, the most notable example would be tiny day where everyone is tiny and the goal of the round is to kill everybody until one team is wiped for the round to end. Upon hitting a blue in this LR you are instantly turned into a visual beacon from quite the distance and in most cases is mostly how a blue ends up catching you if you are the unfortunate red with it
  • The Rebel status is not accurate as they mark reds from hitting a blue at any moment, meaning that hitting a blue while they are baiting will still give you the red glow. in regular instances this has caused inexperienced blues to jump to conclusions and freekill based on the rebel status
    • But that's an inexperienced player, they will learn and it will stop happening: By the time they learn and get better as guards they will totally not commit the same mistake, but it would also render the rebel status glow useless for the same reason, this guard is good enough to tell a rebel apart properly and wont even notice whether if the glow is there or not​
  • A core function of someone to play as blue is to look over the reds, meaning to do the simple task of paying attention, a rebel status takes away part of that one and simple task, blues are given crits (something i am perfectly fine with) to easily deal with reds due to the number ratio, but if blues really need a visual beacon to know who is rebelling and who is not they are not doing their part right
    • What if 2 players look identical and one of them chooses to rebel: This is why i want to add that chat notifications should stay, whilst it is a valid point that is a situation where rebel status works it's not a common thing to happen, you would also only need the name which would appear in chat if the person did hit a blue, you can hover your crosshair over a red and you will be shown the name of the person on highlight red text right on your screen​

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
The Rebel status is unnecessary and rather a pain for a lot of lr's, the most notable example would be tiny day where everyone is tiny and the goal of the round is to kill everybody until one team is wiped for the round to end.
I think the problem there is that you're a red on tiny round to begin with. I believe it's been fixed so it doesn't reveal cloaked spies, but if it hasn't then that, at least, should be changed. Other than that, it doesn't have a huge impact on the custom LRs that I'm aware of.
The Rebel status is not accurate as they mark reds from hitting a blue at any moment, meaning that hitting a blue while they are baiting will still give you the red glow.
Yes, this is the drawback of having rebels glow. It wouldn't be very fun for reds if it was 100% accurate, would it?
but it would also render the rebel status glow useless for the same reason, this guard is good enough to tell a rebel apart properly and wont even notice whether if the glow is there or not
The glow still has an impact. If warden dies to a wrap assassin scout out of my line of sight, it's much easier for me to just kill the only glowing scout than to forcewarden and have to line the reds up to figure out who the rebel is.
but if blues really need a visual beacon to know who is rebelling and who is not they are not doing their part right
Again untrue. I don't have time to play a game of Clue trying to find the rebel scout from before while more obvious and dangerous rebels are grabbing ammo. It also keeps the round moving at a decent pace, the chat alternative you're proposing is much slower and favors reds unnecessarily.
you would also only need the name which would appear in chat if the person did hit a blue, you can hover your crosshair over a red and you will be shown the name of the person on highlight red text right on your screen
This is the point I've been alluding to, and its where your proposal falls apart imo: only warden can see the names of reds. And even then it's buggy, half the time the warden has to jump in place to get it to work properly. Your suggestion leaves the other guards at a disadvantage unless they're spies or SV medics.
The rebel status glow is a fair check on a lot of strong rebel strategies, such as Wrong Scout (and similar concepts) and YER spies. Does it completely shut them down? Obviously not, good players can still make them work, as they should. It also shouldn't be removed because blues are bad and freekill, thats what teambans are for.

As a final note, I've been trying to find the suggestion to originally re-implement the rebel glow but have had no luck thus far, if someone could link that here it would be appreciated.

Sargentman16

Somewhat Threatening
I agree with mostly everything but the last one is tricky. For example some people go stock wrap assasin scout and just hide in each other so it pretty hard to kill them anyway, plus they all go in masses so the glow being there would be better for those situations.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

bump

I personally think the rebel glow is fine as it is helping blues without being unfair for reds. As 10k said, it not always being accurate makes it so reds can normally get away with it as the blue may have been baiting. Still open to more opinions and votes though.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
The rebel status lasts like 30 seconds and takes a while to wear off, its fine to keep it imo. Though a shorter cooldown could be debatable as well, though personally I wouldn't go under 15-20

Lord Of Something

Positively Inhumane
I played JB for about 1 year on BR servers, unfortunately now dead( F ), but compared to other JBs it was much crazier, and the critics and rebel status that make easier for blu must exist, although if there is a vote to take out the crits i would vote yes lol

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom