Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Remove Plague Doctor and/or multi boss from VSH or rename VSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The idea of VSH is that it is a gladiator mode, 1 boss Vs a team.

The newest update provided up to 3 hales at once and the addition of Plague Doctor which causes all killed reds to respawn as blue scouts. These changes mean that the mode is no longer VSH, by definition.

1572124373154.png

Last edited:

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
I think the idea of being multiple hales is fine in itself but maybe there should be added an enable/disable command and/or a command that allows you to choose your partner. This would make it much funnier to play with friends.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin

Also dis

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I played a single game with the plague doctor and I found out that in some situations it's actually quite unfair. (depending on the VSH map I guess).
I find splitting the gamemodes would be good because some players want the core VSH experience without any "addons".

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Could we possibly change the poll a bit, so we can vote yes or no on the options listed?

I dont mind the concept of a plague doctor style boss, as hes an excellent counter to medic revives, something thats equally out of place in a VSH mode tbh. That being said, the minions having 200 starting hp is absurd, if that many foes are aiding the hale with spawn protection, a stiff breeze should knock them down, especially given their mobility and attack rate.
Multiple hales doesnt work, as half the time one of your allies is either incompetent or AFK, effectively wasting a good portion of health.
Not sure why that timer was turned off in the 1st place.
We already have FF2 and VSH, i dont think we need a hybrid of the 2 to further dillute the playerbase.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I’d like the poll to be changed such that you can vote on not to remove a certain feature

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The only reason I hadn't made all of this options is because I figured there would be a second poll. To narrow down what was simply annoying me, and what others viewed as a problem.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
About the multiple Hales thing. Two or Three Hales is much stronger than 1. Even if you split their health evenly, they will still have more ground covered, can do more damage, can focus down multiple targets, et cetera. Two Saxton Hales take 50% of the total Hale health, and three Saxtons take 33 1/3% each, but even with this reduced health, the idea and execution of multiple Saxton Hales presents the issue that multiple is always better than one. Here's my solution. I propose that if, say, one Saxton Hale had some amount of health. Ok. Now, if we presented two Saxton Hales, then each Saxton would get 40% of the total distributed health, with the other 20% going to waste. This way, the extra advantages that having multiple Saxton Hales causes would be significantly more balanced. In the case of 3 Saxton hales, calculating the difference between percentages to keep things consistent, each Hale would get approximately 26 2/3% of the total health.

Of course, this is just my idea.

Toasted Pork

Strange
I don’t think it really matters if it is TECHNICALLY VSH because tbh that is just boring being all technical. What matters is whether or not it id FUN. If people enjoy playing as and against the plague doctor, then why would you remove him.

MY SOLUTION: Keep the plague doctor, but modify his abilities until everybody can agree that versing him is FUN. If people already truly enjoy versing him, then don’t change a thing.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I don’t think it really matters if it is TECHNICALLY VSH because tbh that is just boring being all technical. What matters is whether or not it id FUN. If people enjoy playing as and against the plague doctor, then why would you remove him.

MY SOLUTION: Keep the plague doctor, but modify his abilities until everybody can agree that versing him is FUN. If people already truly enjoy versing him, then don’t change a thing.

Here's the thing, removing him from VSH wouldnt mean the end of this type of game. There are multiple bosses with pretty much the same exact mechanic in Freak Fortress already. It would be less of removing fun from players who may enjoy it and more of keeping the servers separate because not everybody enjoys a large amount of bosses with unique gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom