Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Remove Lunapark (Jailbreak)

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Very dark to see for most people, tries too hard to be an entertaining map layout/prop wise. A majority of secrets if not all of them, are very underwhelming and do not help rebelling at all or just take w a y t o o l o n g and the round ends before completing it. A majority of minigames played are next to cells and doesn't incentivize blues to walk around the map to look for other games (people play obby, sweeper, and 9 square the most cause they're recognizable). But its generally a very bland map. Its easily one of the most unpopular/least played maps to acquire such a status, in fact most people would prefer to play anything else due to how heavily disliked it is (Its rtv'd almost immediately 1-2 rounds in). People would prefer aquarium or even snowballz over this any day. It also doesn't help that the map tends to break on certain LR's similarly to Carnival.

Copy and pasted from the (Remove Carnival) thread. Moved my opinion here into its own suggestion

Pienamai

Face Melting
Ok first of all, I have never seen the map break on any LR, would be glad to have an example
Secondly, the map does not have any major flaws that require removing, we have maps like night, Minecraft, and many others that also have very basic minigames and yet are still in the map pool, so being "bland" is a pretty bad reason for removal
Additionally
A majority of minigames played are next to cells and doesn't incentivize blues to walk around the map to look for other games
This is an issue with almost every map, lazy wardens is not a map exclusive issue
I don't think the map has any actual major flaws that it should be removed.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
I don't think I ever see a map crashed because of lrs and edicts. However, I rarely see people pick this map lately. Plus Pie already sums this up as well.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
I don't think I ever see a map crashed because of lrs and edicts. However, I rarely see people pick this map lately. Plus Pie already sums this up as well.
Its a wildly unpopular map cause it gets rtv'd almost immediately (it tended to crash a while back, prolly doesn't know but whatever)
Point still stands that its one of the least likable maps

Pienamai

Face Melting
Its a wildly unpopular map cause it gets rtv'd almost immediately (it tended to crash a while back, prolly doesn't know but whatever)
We have multiple underplayed maps, if you don't like it, don't vote for it
This ain't some hunger games elimination game where the least played map gets removed, if it has no glaring issues, I don't see a reason to remove it

honey

Wicked Nasty

honey

It also doesn't help that the map tends to break on certain LR's similarly to Carnival.
Can you be more specific with the issues you are referring to? I've personally never witnessed a crash related to LRs being picked on lunapark

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Can you be more specific with the issues you are referring to? I've personally never witnessed a crash related to LRs being picked on lunapark

Pienamai

Face Melting
Its a wildly unpopular map cause it gets rtv'd almost immediately
Imma be honest with you, it ain't even about the map, any map you dislike gets rtv'd immediately cause you don't shut up about rtving it. Usually I play full matches on that map and they're pretty enjoyable
Think the issue here may lay with you

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Imma be honest with you, it ain't even about the map, any map you dislike gets rtv'd immediately cause you don't shut up about rtving it. Usually I play full matches on that map and they're pretty enjoyable
Think the issue here may lay with you
Very untrue, I only do this with Carnival as of a few weeks ago, there's been months prior to people doing this themselves without my intervention. If anything I'm just doing eveyone a favor if this map gets removed.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
We have multiple underplayed maps, if you don't like it, don't vote for it
This ain't some hunger games elimination game where the least played map gets removed,
Was readded, was funny
Gets RTV'd almost every time on first day free day
Time to say goodbye
You can't have it both ways. Either map popularity is a factor or it isn't.
The only really memorable thing on Lunapark is a banned minigame, I wouldn't miss it.

Pienamai

Face Melting
You can't have it both ways. Either map popularity is a factor or it isn't.
The only really memorable thing on Lunapark is a banned minigame, I wouldn't miss it.
Sincinatti wasn't just an unpopular map, it was flawed, a terrible layout making it take forever to get to any minigame, most of them barely working, a really annoying map secret, and many other issues that I see no reason going into due to this thread not being about sincinatti.
You're taking my half joke reply to a thread about removing a terrible JB map that even the creator admits is terrible, that has been added to the server due to an April fool's joke, as a reason to why an average map that doesn't have any glaring issues should be removed as well.
Yes the map is not a work of art, but it's not terrible either, it's about Minecraft jail levels of originality. It still has a good choice of minigames to choose from even though it features nothing unique.
Because again, as I said, if we'd remove any map that just "doesn't have any memorable minigames" it'll mean removing lots of them
Minecraft
Jailfort
Original mlcastle
The other Mario map
Night
Snowday
just some maps off the top of my head that don't have any unique games, that's such a bad reasoning for removing a map

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Sincinatti wasn't just an unpopular map, it was flawed, a terrible layout making it take forever to get to any minigame, most of them barely working, a really annoying map secret, and many other issues that I see no reason going into due to this thread not being about sincinatti.
You're taking my half joke reply to a thread about removing a terrible JB map that even the creator admits is terrible, that has been added to the server due to an April fool's joke, as a reason to why an average map that doesn't have any glaring issues should be removed as well.
Since people seem to think that response coming from the sincinatti thread has any bearing on my previous statement:
Most of the times this map has been picked it has just been rtv'd, I feel like one of the main reasons it gets picked is due to people confusing it with the OG snowday.
Used in a completely different map thread. I say again, either the map popularity matters or it doesn't, pick a story and stick with it.

Pienamai

Face Melting
Used in a completely different map thread. I say again, either the map popularity matters or it doesn't, pick a story and stick with it.
I'll be honest, I was completely making up stuff in my snowday thread due to not having any actual reason to remove it
And bringing up the snowday, that map gets rtv'd almost every time, and is probably much less popular than lunapark, yet it still stands in the map poll due to it not having any real issues except being inferior to the og snowday

You asked me to pick a side and I am, the snowday remake suggestion denial was completely justified

Mr_nice_guy1233

Strange
Some of the mini-game's on Lunapark are a bit weird and take a bit getting used to, such as Obby, Sweeper, Jump rope and Crush Game. But I do not think that it's the most unpopular map, or deserving of removal to be honest.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom