Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Remove jb_carnival_v2b

Keres

Uncharitable
I am suggesting that we remove carnival from the US Jailbreak rotation. There is no denying that the map offers a decent jailbreak experience and has plenty of minigames to experience. However, there are still several issues with the map. It consistently crashes a full server when certain Last Requests are picked, such as valve SMG, Valve rocket launcher, Class wars and so forth. The content the map offers is outweighed by the problems it causes.

To add on to what's been said. Carnival has a system in place where only 1 minigame can be played at a time. This is somewhat problematic due to button griefing. If someone has button griefed the BLUs must locate the minigame that has been turned on and disable it, causing round delay.

Last edited:

honey

Wicked Nasty

honey

Can confirm, as of right now the map does in fact cause player's games to freeze when you walk into a particular area. Can last upwards of 15-30 seconds before fixing itself.

Pienamai

Face Melting
Can confirm, as of right now the map does in fact cause player's games to freeze when you walk into a particular area. Can last upwards of 15-30 seconds before fixing itself.
Think it's supposed to be fixed in the next ver

Keres

Uncharitable
Please do not make valid points against me or I will cry
Just wait til I tell you about the doors that teleport you to a seperate part of a map, locking climb, bonzo below, theatre and boss fight behind a very funny chokepoint that is campable and ez to delay with. Plus the climb has instakill elements which is kinda :/

honey

Wicked Nasty

honey

Seems like most of the LR related issues have been fixed due to it being a problem on our side, although there is still very much a problem with the map that has already been mentioned which is that a particular part of the map causes your game to freeze from anywhere between 1-30 seconds or more.

I wanted to wait and see if the update that was given to carnival would fix the freezing related issues but after flying/walking around the particular part of the map that causes the issues it became quite obvious that it wasn't fixed. I did test this multiple times on the new version.

This is the particular area where the crash/freeze happens. Feel free to test this ingame yourself.

1669393529163.png

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom