Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove dr_simpsons suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

Username: Lerua

Which map is the suggestion about? dr_simpsons

What is supposed to happen to the map? Remove

Why do you want this map change? The map has too much problems and here's the list that why this map needs to be removed from the server:

1) The quality of the map is questionable (bad astetic, level-disgn and traps) but this is tolerable.

2) The map is way too short, this is probably the shortest deathrun map of the server and it's very easy to speedrun (especially with the bhop plugin which allows players to avoid traps). The death will not have much chance of winning each round and 90% of the time of the map will be on mini-games. Players who don't want to/can't play the mini-games will complain and leave the server.

3) Last and most important problem, players are nominating this map to farm points by picking the fighting mini-game and by killing the death/players everyround. The map is so easy to beat that some players get way too many points after each round.

These problems seem minor but they are really frustrating in game.

GoingToGetBanned

1) the map's aesthetic is fine, you can't really complain when you have eye cancer's like simulation or neo noir (which they also can cause an epileptic episode). As for the traps there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, people being skipping traps for years, people are used to it, thats the only reason people even play here.

2) people also being complaining on how hard simulation or neo/tech also are, most people die after 20 seconds round started which result of most players living halfway,which it kills the server. But I don't see you complain about that.

3) you can't really talk about people farming Kills when you have people like Suwi farming points overnight with Wesz backing them up, but yet again no one will bother speak about it, because thats the mentality of Blw.

You're free to delete my comment now:)

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

1)
20220508195647_1.jpg

Sorry but you can't compare this map to simulation or neonoir. They are maybe "eye cancer" as you said but they are still beautiful maps, not like that one.
And he fact that players are skipping traps on this map, makes it even shorter than it's supposed to be.

2) I'm complaining about that too, but since most of the players like these maps and the fact that they were made to be hard. I see no point of talking about them.
+ They maps depend on your skills, compared to that one. For example, even if you're a good player and manage to not die on hard maps. You won't be able to play correctly on it.

3) And about others players like "suwi". I do not know how they are farming points. But if they are farming points by just playing the game normally, I see no problems about that.

So everything you said makes no sense.

You're free to delete your comment now😀

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
I absolutely disagree with this thread. There is nothing wrong with this map's quality. If there were problems on this map I'd have most likely heard about it, and fixed it. Having that said, Traps could be buffed slightly to fix the issue of blue being unable to win. Just hit up the map creator. And if he really doesn't care a different mapper (like me) can do it. To save you all the effort, I already talked to the map creator about this thread and I also gave him a few suggestions. I will most likely comment again on this thread with a response of the map creator.

The mapper also can't do anything about it that blackwonder has a very op bhop plugin. The map would probably take a bit longer if bhop did not work here. Also keep in mind that bhop is a huge advantage for red players and that it's a big factor in that blue is unable to win. Blackwonder should in my opinion give blue weapons so blue can keep up with bhopping red players.

And for the last and "most important" problem, it's no secret that Suwi is wasting his time by farming points over night. But nobody does anything about it, I don't think anyone cares about ranking in blackwonder deathrun other than Suwi him self. This is not the most important problem in my opinion. Blackwonder having a too op bhop is a far worse problem for this server and yet nobody does anything about it, I heavily doubt that ranking will be fixed if bhop doesn't get fixed.

Just because you don't like the map does not mean it deserves to be removed. Because this sounds like an old deathrun map, so it has to be bad situation.

Last edited:

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

The mapper also can't do anything about it that blackwonder has a very op bhop plugin. The map would probably take a bit longer if bhop did not work here. Also keep in mind that bhop is a huge advantage for red players and that it's a big factor in that blue is unable to win.
That's why I'm asking to remove it. Because it's not compatible with the bhop plugin. Bhop makes it too easy.

Just because you don't like the map does not mean it deserves to be removed.
I've never said that. I've never said that I disliked the map. I said that the map has issues. I even enjoy the map, but it's ruined by these problems.

And for the last and "most important" problem, it's no secret that Suwi is wasting his time by farming points over night. But nobody does anything about it.
What do you want to do about it ?

I don't think anyone cares about ranking in blackwonder deathrun other than Suwi him self.
Trust me, a lot of players care and not only suwi.
If players farm points, that means they care about it.

Blackwonder having a too op bhop is a far worse problem for this server and yet nobody does anything about it, I heavily doubt that ranking will be fixed if bhop doesn't get fixed.
We are making blw version of maps to fix the bhop problem. But we can't do that with every maps. If we're fixing the entire plugin, that would kill the server.

Blackwonder should in my opinion give blue weapons so blue can keep up with bhopping red players.
Giving blue weapons doesn't make sense. He already has other advantages and that would be unfair. You're saying that probably to makes him able to touch buttons over a long distance but that doesn't work on every maps.

You have the right to disagree with me, but try to find real arguments next time.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Did you really think you got me with your weak arguments? Your thread is not even close to convincing me that this map should be removed. Maybe you should get convincing arguments before telling me that my arguments are 'not real'.

That's why I'm asking to remove it. Because it's not compatible with the bhop plugin. Bhop makes it too easy.
The solution to bhop is VERY simple, I've fixed op bhop spots before, why can't I do it this time?

I've never said that. I've never said that I disliked the map. I said that the map has issues. I even enjoy the map, but it's ruined by these problems.
So what? Problems can be solved right? How about reporting problems and talking to the deathrun community about it rather than immediately creating a thread to remove the entire map. Making this thread wasn't just a decision for your self, you made it for the entire deathrun community. I never saw you on deathrun while I used to be very active on there. And as far as I know dr simpsons is not even played that commonly, so this thread sounds like a complaint after playing the map once to me. I'm not saying that's the case but that's how it sounds like to me.

What do you want to do about it ?
If admins nor devs cares about it (according to the point farmer him self), then what could we possibly change?

Trust me, a lot of players care and not only suwi.
If players farm points, that means they care about it.
As far as I know, not that many players farm points. Why would regular players care about it if the top players have a ridiculously high amount of points? No player would bother.

We are making blw version of maps to fix the bhop problem. But we can't do that with every maps. If we're fixing the entire plugin, that would kill the server.
Who is we? I don't see any people doing any effort anymore to fix bhop other than me. Even all the admins have given up on it. Also, bhop can be fixed easily without decompiling and recompiling the entire map. So the "But we can't do that with every maps." argument is also invalid. Maybe you should get your mapping knowledge right before using it as argument.

Giving blue weapons doesn't make sense. He already has other advantages and that would be unfair. You're saying that probably to makes him able to touch buttons over a long distance but that doesn't work on every maps.
More proof that you have no mapping knowledge. The issue you say in the quoted text can be fixed in a few seconds. Weapons would help A LOT to catch those bhopping players.

You have the right to disagree with me, but try to find real arguments next time.
How about YOU getting some real arguments and knowledge the next time.

Oh and also, I have talked to the map creator and he has offered me the vmf of the map to create a blackwonder version. In this version I will extend the map, fix bhop and any other potential issues. So I'm asking @Benedevil to wait with this thread and not remove the map for now. But looking at the amount of downvotes and weak arguments of the map creator, I doubt it will be removed anytime soon.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
1652042043521.png

Blackwonder having a too op bhop is a far worse problem for this server and yet nobody does anything about it, I heavily doubt that ranking will be fixed if bhop doesn't get fixed.

We have an alternative for all the people not liking the bhop. This server has normal bhop and weapons enabled.
It was heavily promoted and still has not caught on. This sort of proves that our bhop is not something that needs fixing.

sunstep

Truly Feared
View attachment 29019

We have an alternative for all the people not liking the bhop. This server has normal bhop and weapons enabled.
It was heavily promoted and still has not caught on. This sort of proves that our bhop is not something that needs fixing.
It does need to be fixed, the plugin doesn't need to be entirely edited though. Just the op spots need to be fixed. In my opinion weapons for blue should be combined with the current bhop. Hopefully that makes it a little bit easier for blue. Weapons will make blue much more efficient, which will definitely help him get bhopping players. And actually, now that I think about it. Red has the advantage of an op bhop plugin, but what does blue get to compensate? In my opinion blue deserves to have weapons enabled as I said before.

But other than that, I don't think bhop giving height is the problem here. I do have to agree that this map is very short and that it might need to be extended. But another solution that might help is regularly putting no bhop zones to delay red a little bit so it doesn't take 12 seconds to speed run the map.

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

But other than that, I don't think bhop giving height is the problem here. I do have to agree that this map is very short and that it might need to be extended. But another solution that might help is regularly putting no bhop zones to delay red a little bit so it doesn't take 12 seconds to speed run the map.
That's a solution to fix the map, and also, it would be necessary to not allow a player to pick the same minigame every round. That's where the problem comes from.

I wanted to remove the Map from the server to prevent people from exploiting and then put it back with an update.

I'm sorry if that conversation got out of hand

I don't want to fix/change the bhop plugin but just to fix the map problem

(Also I had to remove my previous post because a lot of things happened when I was typing)

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
I've never seen you in deathrun too.
And if you were also used to play on this server, why didn't you notice the problem ?

And yes, the map is often played, You should know that because you said that you played regularly on the server.
It's because I've started getting busy, causing my activity to go downhill. But before that I was very active on blackwonder. During the times I was active dr_simpsons wasn't played that commonly. I'm 100% sure, even Wesz confirmed it. So how could I notice if blw barely played that map. I'd still like to fix maps in my free time though.

That's not what I'm doing ?
I expose the problems.
What I meant is talk DIRECTLY to deathrun players. For example @Wesz @suwi @Adveno and I could ping a few more but I think you get the point. Instead of making choices immediately and posting a thread to get the map deleted, once again this post was a decision for the entire community not just you. Get some opinions of other people first. Just discuss about it. I do it all the time when I work on fixing deathrun maps.

That's a good question I'd like to know the answer. But they do bother farming points.
. That's why a lot of people are using /place.
Am I right ?
This argument is invalid players care about the points. And even if nobody cared about it, that's not a reason to let players keep doing this.
What are your sources for such statement? Just because you say many people farm point without any sources that makes my argument invalid? Because my argument sounds very reasonable to me. If they see top players at A WHOPPING 1.5 MILLION POINTS who would even try to get that many points?? I'm still sticking to my opinion that nobody cares about other people wasting their time on virtual numbers.
Then tell me how ? I expected an answer but I will have to wait.
I thought it made sense, but ugh I guess I'll have to explain it. Blue does shooty shooty and button goes activate then bhopping scout goes AAAAAAAAAAAAHH. But if there are no weapons blue goes runny runny then hit button but then the runner is already gone so then he goes:

But in all seriousness, as I said before weapons will make blue much more effective due to the ability of being able to activate traps from a distance. It will help blue catch reds who rushed a trap with bhop. So there is no need to chase the player. Also keep in mind that +use being disabled (and I am not requesting it to be enabled now) is a HUGE disadvantage for blue. Because +use is yet another efficient way to blue to play the game. Gosh this makes me realize how hard blue is nerfed on this server.

Solved by removing the Map or to update it. But by the time everything is done. It is more responsible to remove it before putting it back with an update.
I don't see the necessity of maps needing to be removed. The problems are not that game breaking. And besides, you literally admitted to this map being played a lot, to counter one of my earlier arguments, but how would deleting this map make the server more enjoyable if this map gets voted often? I'm not going to take the cap of that all players are point farming. I'm not believing that.

Because remember when you said this:
Also I find that you seem to get very upset after someone who tries to find a solution to a problem. Maybe my solution is not the best. But I try to make the server enjoyable for everyone as I can. I'm not doing this for my personal pleasure as you thought.
For if you haven't noticed. I am the solution. Only not if no one ever tells me. Which is why I told you earlier to directly talk to the deathrun community about your concerns on a particular deathrun map. If you do that, your words will eventually arrive in my dm's and I can take care of it, or talk with the map creator what I just did.

Then if my argument is invalid. We are waiting for you to fix every maps with your mapping knowledge of course. I didn't say it was impossible to do because of our lack of mapping knowledge. But just that it would take too long.
Who else do you see editing deathrun maps efficiently other than me nowadays? When someone brings us a _blw version of a map it always comes somehow broken, even in visuals. Be thankful that I'm spending my free time on it.

I don't get what you're meaning. A player like suwi who plays day and night to farm points is totally fine. But a player who exploits to get points easily by playing a map not made for this server is unfair and not fine.
So you define picking fight frequently as exploiting? That it gives many points does not mean directly that it is exploiting. I've talked to Suwi just now and even he agrees with me about this point. Picking fight frequently might be the best way to give hope to players that want to be among the top players, because if you see that the number one player has 1.5 m points, then we can both agree that it will feel hopeless. You really must have a lot of dedication if you still feel like getting that #1 spot.

I think my arguments are better than someone who just says "You want to remove the map only because you dont like it"
This makes me question whether you have really read everything I said or not. In all that text I've typed, I've said much more than what you described in the quoted text. My arguments are also way stronger and more reasonable than yours. I've talked about this thread with a few players (including non blw players) and they did not find your arguments strong or convincing. So it's not just me with that opinion. I don't want to call any names but also a Blackwonder mod agreed with me about this. AND I am not just a "someone" I am known among all big deathrun communities, I know a lot about deathrun and I'm even more skilled than Suwi!

Also I find that you seem to get very upset after someone who tries to find a solution to a problem. Maybe my solution is not the best. But I try to make the server enjoyable for everyone as I can. I'm not doing this for my personal pleasure as you thought.
I am not upset, I am only very concerned about people not appreciating older deathrun maps enough. Nowdays, it has become a standard and a priority for deathrun maps to have a lot of parkour. I know that a lot of older deathrun maps that are fun to play have been forgotten over time. Parkour has simply hijacked deathrun. I find parkour maps fun but it does not belong in deathrun. In fact in my opinion parkour maps deserve to have their own game mode because not everyone is into platforming and parkour. If you make an older style deathrun map today then you probably have to explain your self why your map is so boring and why it has no parkour + 6 traps rather than 20 traps as a deathrun map should have. I've played deathrun for years and have always had a lot of fun in both parkour and non parkour maps. I did not just build up skill over that time, but also knowledge. I know what I am saying. That's why I did not stop countering your arguments in this thread.

That's a solution to fix the map, and also, it would be necessary to not allow a player to pick the same minigame every round. That's where the problem comes from.
A solution I can think of is making the door that leads to the ending room automatically pick an ending once a player enters it. But that's definitely not the first solution I would pick.

I wanted to remove the Map from the server to prevent people from exploiting and then put it back with an update.
I explained this before but I don't really see the necessity of it. I wouldn't really call it exploiting but that's just my opinion.

I'm sorry if that conversation got out of hand
Nah don't worry about it we are just endlessly countering each others arguments. It's normal in this world.

Played dr_simpsons once

it was fun

no remove pls
1652048123306.png

Oh and for if you haven't learned yet, reply to me and you'll get a 10x longer reply back.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Not liking the map isn't a reason to have it removed nor is "but people farm kills" in deathrun. There's nothing objectively wrong with the map and being short is a nice break from the maps that take 10 minutes to walk through which is hopeless for anyone not familiar with them to ever win.

People also don't "leave the server" because the map is short and has some minigames at the end.

Type Ø Negative

Uncharitable
Staff Member

Sänkta

Being death is fun. You get to kill the red team and say 'ez' after winning. With this map it is impossible to do much as death, since there's like 3 players who bhop and just speedrun this map. If you run after them, you leave the other reds alone and they can progress through freely. If you leave them be, the round is over in a heartbeat.

Also, i have no idea if this was mentioned yet for i am too lazy to read those biblical manuscripts above. You also can use third person to see where the death is. Just do !tp, get next to the left wall where the death is, and look down. Boom, easy. Now you can see where the death is.

My sentiment is that this map just needs fixing. Doesn't necessarily need to be removed.

P.S. The points don't do anything so why care?

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
keeping an eye on this thread, will close in a bit if the sentiment doesn't change.
1652460751639.png

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
closing this suggestion due to the sentiment.
I doubt you'll be able to recover from a -7 vote.
Thanks!
1652575533169.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom