Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove ba_jailfort_b1 suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
User name: 10000 Cold Knights

Which map is the suggestion about? ba_jailfort_b1

What is suppose to happen to the map? Remove

Why do you want this map change? The map is riddled with exploits, and reds can't even use the map exit without blu assistance (which is against the rules anyway). If there's an updated version of the map I'd be willing to give it a try, otherwise it should be removed.

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

There are several maps in the rotation with worse bugs than jailfort I have activated the boat several times without blue assistance it just requires alot of luck and the map layout is good supporting many games

sota-

sota

Personally, I love this map. It's one of the "OG" jailbreak maps, and has a variety of mini-games that some maps don't have (Bumblebeam, carts, box game.) I don't see any problems with this map besides escaping as a red being a little difficult (but not impossible), and the carts area being a little difficult.

Overall, I think there's no need to remove it from the rotation. As Sonny said, there are other maps that are more deserving of being removed.

Phil's Pills

Jailfort is one of my favorite maps despite it's errors, I would hate to see it go. I feel there are many maps that are a much bigger issue than this one, but I will defend it with my life. I have gotten in contact with one of the people who made the map, and they said they will not update it, so if you want it fixed you'll have to do it yourself

Moonman

Unremarkable
You have the lost the plot. This map is way better than maps like sincinatti (a map that never gets voted for and nominated for), also jailfort has a variety of games that other maps don't have just like others have said above.

Chrowe

Strange
This map holds huge nostalgia for me this is the map I really enjoyed playing while I started on BlackWonder. I'm not quite sure where this exploit thing is coming from, the majority of maps in the pool have pretty crazy exploits. The escape makes the map unique. Could you list the exploits you found? During my experience (over the last 3 years) I've never had any issues with exploits. Personally you have a no from me.

cappie

Strange

cappie

This map is great as a red and a blue. Sure yeah there are a lot of exploits but most rounds you won't even encounter them. On maps like alkatraz, how many rounds do people actually get piten? Its a good map for people that go for breakables and people that just started on jb. Unlike some maps its also aesthetically pleasing and doesnt make your eyes bleed when ur trying to play. On a map perspective it could be improved, sure. I like the idea of trying out the updated map, but removing it all-together seems extreme

Cowboy

Spectacularly Lethal
I agree that this map definitely has its issues...

But this is a classic JB map thats been around a while, I'd hate to see it go from the rotation.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
A map with exploits as bad as Jailfort's shouldn't be left in rotation if there's no potential for them to be fixed, no matter how "good" it may be.
There are several maps in the rotation with worse bugs than jailfort I have activated the boat several times without blue assistance it just requires alot of luck and the map layout is good supporting many games
I doubt there's exploits worse than free round wins, and thats not even mentioning the other one.
also jailfort has a variety of games that other maps don't have just like others have said above.
Mlcastle literally has every minigame included in Jailfort. It has no truly unique minigames and doesn't offer anything uncommon aside from Bumblebeam.
Could you list the exploits you found? During my experience (over the last 3 years) I've never had any issues with exploits.
I've been deliberately vague on this because I don't want said exploits becoming public knowledge. As a fairly innocuous example, the entirety of Karts. Enough said.
I like the idea of trying out the updated map, but removing it all-together seems extreme
I would also be fine with an updated version of the map, but Phil seems to be indicating that isn't possible.

Chrowe

Strange
What I'm confused on is the complaint of exploits, if you're caught exploiting, you'll either be banned or warned, this shouldn't be a problem since the server combats exploiters. The map on its own is a relic to be remembered and the votes are backing me up. In no means to offend you this is a wasted attempt of removing a loved map. I'd love to see a bad map be removed from the pool. High regards to your attempt but this map looks like its not going to be removed any time soon. xoxo ChromieHomie

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Only If I could change my vote, however, 14 people shouldn't be banned or warned. That way exploit was there for YEARS and YEARS. I recommend removing to prevent that problem again. Mostly like the author who made this map might not play tf2 anymore. who knows.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Only If I could change my vote, however, 14 people shouldn't be banned or warned. That way exploit was there for YEARS and YEARS. I recommend removing to prevent that problem again. Mostly like the author who made this map might not play tf2 anymore. who knows.
Not sure if I forgot to enable that or someone changed it on me :/
Whatever, its reopened now.

drowsee

Mildly Menacing
in the words of our beloved admin and your collegue tax fraud:

"vOtE fOr a DiFfErEnt mAp oR rTv"

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
in the words of our beloved admin and your collegue tax fraud:

"vOtE fOr a DiFfErEnt mAp oR rTv"
Not counting the deactivated and alt accounts, the amount of people I've banned for exploiting Jailfort over the past few days exceeds the amount of no votes on this thread. Aside from reopening the poll, I've only ever commented here after one of these ban waves. The map is objectively broken and players have been habitually taking advantage of that, if the exploits cannot be fixed then the map should not remain in rotation.

Mouzzies

Unremarkable
personally people who vote the map,wants to rebel,or just love the map.I think there is many map worse then ba_jailford_b1 with exploits and other ban minigame.

Berke

Strange

Skull

Hello, I made this config, this config, which should fix most of the problems, it requires Stripper plugin to work. http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/snapshots/1.2/
Config changes:
- Decreased edict count via disabling bone followers.
- Increased the distance of rotating entities.
- Fixed being able to survive in the water of steady pace with crouching.
- Fixed being able to survive in the lava of obstacle course with crouching.
- Nine square walls now disappear correctly when game is disabled.
- Added a instant kill hurt wall in the water near bumper kart race to stop medic chains.
- Bumper kart race bridge damage decreased to 1.
- Fixed cell doors toggler button being invisible.
- Made piano room accessable to all teams, but added blue filters to armory and medic toggler buttons for hunger games.
- You can now only activate boat if the gate's button has been pressed.
- Now reds only win if boat has reached a certain point while it has reds in it. How orginal worked was, you didn't had to even activate boat, if you jumped over the water in that place, red would win.
- Sweeper stick properly stops with no teleport.
- Made sweeper stick func_rotating to make it properly stop.
- Forced rebel door of armory force close when blocked.
- Removed +use support from the buttons with the filters.
- Added blue filter to bumble beam red button.

Attachments

• ba_jailfort_b1_config_v3.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom