Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove ba_hopjb_v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
This map has a lot of exploits associated with it from being able to get out of bounds with strafe course to activating BKM every round without an admin this map has gotta go. The updated version of this map although replaced deathrun with battleboats which was a decision that I dislike, the map is better in every way aside from that. With this map in rotation, we have 2 of the same map which means we play this version, then play this updated version then we play the other popular maps which till the map cooldown ends so we play the most popular maps indefinitely. I like variety so removing redundant maps would promote people to pick other maps in the rotation and give them a try instead of rtving them.

I just wanna see maps like turbine, 8bit an stormfront again!

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I feel like the issue with both this map and mlcastle can be resolved by pairing the maps' cooldown timers, if that's possible. Effectively if one version of a map gets picked, none of its versions can be played until the cooldown on it expires.
This map has a lot of exploits associated with it from being able to get out of bounds with strafe course to activating BKM every round without an admin this map has gotta go.
The new version has issues of its own. Disco regularly traps players standing on the edges of it and Prop Hunt kills anyone that tries to access certain parts of the map without any notice or warning that it will do so.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Also, the "Big Five" are always gonna see more play. This won't change that, the only thing that will is to make a map that's appealing enough to all audiences to compete with them.

Pienamai

Face Melting
Currently seems to be tied with most comments being against, final bump?

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Just remove it. someone did exploit BKM last week.
Then ban them.

There was a reason why both maps were kept in the rotation. There was a sizable amount of players who had disliked many of the changes it had made within the new versions, most notably the removal of deathrun among other things. In addition to what 10k said, the new map still has its issues that those who wish for v8 to be removed neglect to mention.
I feel like the issue with both this map and mlcastle can be resolved by pairing the maps' cooldown timers, if that's possible. Effectively if one version of a map gets picked, none of its versions can be played until the cooldown on it expires.
This is ultimately the best option, pair their cooldown timers so the people who complain about playing them back to back can be happy.

kevman

Truly Feared
yeah i was there on bkm exploit and i have no idea why it did that. i think hensta was explaining it how to do that. thought he was talking about secrets. i was just playing the game and not listening to them what they are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom