Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Regarding the Forums.

Pkay

-------
Hello Blackwonderinos,
If you have been in this forum long enough you have probably noticed that it is not used very much by the blw.tf regulars/community, obviously some section are very active such as the reports, appeals and even admin/mod application section could be considered to be a popular section of the forum, but it would be great to increase the popularity of the forums overall so I would love to get some feedback on why you think the forums are not very popular right now and maybe how we can increase its popularity and activity.

Thanks for reading,
~Pkay

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I try and always keep an eye on the forums, but you're right, it doesn't see a lot of traffic outside of official stuff. I think this is because BLW's Discord kinda outclasses it in a lot of areas. A lot of the forums features don't see much use because Discord either does a better job or makes them not worth bothering with at all, in favor of a more streamlined method. I don't think its a coincidence that the areas that recieve the most traffic here are the sections that HAVE to be handled through the Forums, and not through Discord.
Tbh I'm not sure what can be done about this, just thought I'd call the issue to attention :/

Philip

Australium
Maybe promote the forum through the servers... like incentivize a reward for participating in the forms, maybe in the form of special roles or tags. Maybe a daily "check in" reward system can be used for the forums.

Thread events may also be possible to bring up forum activity. Giveaways, interesting opinion threads/polls, and etc can be promoted on the servers as a random message from time to time.

However, I think that the discord does the forum's job better in terms of cross member communication/relationships as well as the introduction of simple topics. Thus, there has to be something akin to the forums itself that makes it stand out.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
To improve forums I think we have to focus on why people mainly use them
Which is:
-Making reports/appealing
-Making applications
That's pretty much it.
I think the best way to go about with it is to provide an incentive to use forums for reasons other than the ones I have listed and hold more community events. Events such as Hunger games are great, but there needs to be more.
Like Phillip said basically.
And a currency or level goes a long way in incentivizing players to be active. Little "accomplishments" are enticing and thus attract people to be active.
But you shouldn't have high expectations, it's natural for forums to be less active than Discord since its more widely used and whatnot. The forums right now are fine and are designed incredibly well. So its more of a case of what you can do to stir up interest.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The way I see things is that the forums is slower, more detailed and the Discord is quicker and less detail. This leads to the Discord being the best for having a friendly chat with others, and the forums being the location for filing reports and having a minor discussion.
The forums just doesn't have any dedicated things to do that the Discord can't, besides appealing punishments, reporting people and applying for staff.
Also, there is a lot of players that just play the servers and don't interact with other people on the discord or the forums.
They mostly just come to the forums if they need something, abandining the account once they're done, leading to a mass of dead/abandoned accounts here on the forums.
I would personally like to see more things to do on the forums, but the only thing here right now is some minor games such as rhyme-a-word and corrupt-a-wish.

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

the forums serve there purpose mostly as a report, appeal, or application platform as I think it should be used for. Nothing wrong with a slow forum, you've got people on discord and so on to be social. Sure a few off-topic things here and there is ok, but it's mostly not too rewarding to sit on the forums 24/7 when there are other alternatives.

ok bye.

Pkay

-------
Thanks everyone for your feedback and support. I can't deny that as a mean for people to deal with the "bureaucratic" side of BLW the forums does a good job. I personally really like the idea of having forum ranks/rewards/achievements and think that it would be a very interesting idea that might incentive people to be more active in here, but it might be limited to the ones who are already somewhat active already, would you have any idea what would make the forums more appealing to the people who join to make a ban appeal or just that stop by to actually stay and liven up this place a bit more?

~Pkay

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The main issue I see is that BLW is more a game server community than anything. For me at least, there isn't much to discuss regarding the gamemodes that we play besides a suggestion every now and then. If you compare the discussions on discord, they usually last a few minutes and have relatively little to do with BLW, if at all.
I could imagine a forum being more active and used if there were more things to discuss, such as having a dedicated faction page for our minecraft server. People could organize their faction there and discuss tactics and findings, and share other knowledge with others (which you can kinda do in the minecraft section atm).

The majority of people that play on BLW just hop on to play a game without interacting with the community unless something personal happens to them (ban, someone being bad and they want to report, etc.) The core playerbase that interacts with the community is a small percentage of the playerbase, and they are (in my opinion) not enough people to keep the forums active.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom