Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Random feedback by whomever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

Never tell your password to anyone.
19:48 - Don[Troll Panda]: Hey
19:48 - Don[Troll Panda]: OP is down 4 ever
19:49 - Don[Troll Panda]: Hello* Is Operation panda down for ever, or is it a temp. close down?
19:52 - Keiii: temporary forever. only god knows
19:52 - Don[Troll Panda]: ok. I just gotta say it was the coolest community / server i've ever played with/on
20:30 - Keiii: if you want a good gaming community, check out blackwonder.tf
20:31 - Keiii: http://blackwonder.tf/
20:31 - Keiii: http://stats.blackwonder.tf/hlstats.php
20:32 - Don[Troll Panda]: yeah
20:32 - Don[Troll Panda]: i playen on their servs
20:32 - Don[Troll Panda]: but sad thing is
20:32 - Don[Troll Panda]: never admins
20:32 - Keiii: :/

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

a good way to get new admins is not to wait for applications but to get to know the userbase and pick out players who might be suitable yourself.
the imo 3 best admins of OP where chosen that way, not by application

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
a good way to get new admins is not to wait for applications but to get to know the userbase and pick out players who might be suitable yourself.
Do you, by any chance, mean also me? Cause I didn't even do an admin app, I just contacted.. .who did I contact? Max? It was an app per mail, didn't get any response for a few weeks, and suddenly I got a message: "Still interessted in becoming admin?". Well, that's how I got admin

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

That's more viable for fledgling communities where there is little to no playerbase, or regularly attending players/people wanting to be admin. This is also how I chose my first couple admins.

With as large a player metric as Blackwonder (albeit a majority percentage lack brain cells/aren't regular), I'd foresee issues about favouritism and unfairness coming from some.

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

Do you, by any chance, mean also me? Cause I didn't even do an admin app, I just contacted.. .who did I contact? Max? It was an app per mail, didn't get any response for a few weeks, and suddenly I got a message: "Still interessted in becoming admin?". Well, that's how I got admin
No. you applied per mail. I mean 3 people who didn't apply at all or did after having been asked.
For your information, Max is one of them. I found him on duel, sherlocked him, gave him rights, soon after he got root rights.
You contacted [email protected], not Max. Cant remember though who responded, but most likely me

The world is unfair. If someone is the right person, he is right. No matter what.

I would rather employ someone without diploma who is skilled by experience than a studied whomever who never touched a server before but thousands of pages mentioning servers.

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
I agree with Keii as the community would already know him/her, so it'd also make for a friendly user base.
But the downside is that person could possibly abuse very easily. I'm not saying all will, but some will wait and become friendly, just to get admin.

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

But the downside is that person could possibly abuse very easily. I'm not saying all will, but some will wait and become friendly, just to get admin.
No, because only truly trusted people will become admin this way.
They skip the trial period, or don't even, thats up to Bene, because it's possible to do so, if they are truly trusted.
I'm talking about truely nice, skilled, experienced and trusted players where it is known that they behave like that, not because they wanna gain rights.
This won't be the usual way to get admins, people won't get informed that it is possible by ads on the gameservers or notes on the forums. It's the secret way of how to find good admins and for OP it worked.
The 3 examples i talked about:
Max himself. So trustworthy, he actually went from trial-admin to root-admin with all root-server rights too, the ability to even create and delete gameservers. He stepped up from an assistant to being truly equal to me and it worked out like a charm. I would say I could never find someone better. It's probably like Benedevils and Noodls partnership.
Second one Fancy. Never wanted to be admin, but simply was an awesome person, so I simply gave him rights without him wanting them so he used them in the most perfect way possible; when required.
Third one; whatever, you already got the point.

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

One more thing:
This can only be done by Founders, Owners, Co-founders, whomever can actually employ admins themselves.

Reason for this is: You cant trust an admin, to perform checkups of players if they are trustworthy. It must be at first hand, otherwise it's trusting someone that someone else ist trustworthy instead of trusting the trustworthy himself, talking from Founder/Owner perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom