Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Question about the Anti-Cheat System in Sourcebans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

I've looked through the recent bans and found a lot of recent bans regarding the Anti-Cheat system. I've also seen a couple of recent ban appeal threads where the appealer is claiming to have been playing the game normally.

So, my question is how exactly does the Anti-Cheat system here determine if someone is cheating? Does it go by number of consecutive kills? flicks angle changes? or something else? I've used sourcebans before, but never looked into how SourceMod detects bans. This is a different type of Anti-cheat that I'm used to. This one shows the weapon that player was using for banning them (interestingly enough, most of them involve the Sniper Rifle). I want to look into how the console finds a cheater and the likelihood of any errors that might surface.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Our anti cheat is private for obvious reasons including it being more effective against newer hacks that have countermeasures to other anticheats such as SMAC.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Our anti cheat is private for obvious reasons including it being more effective against newer hacks that have countermeasures to other anticheats such as SMAC.
That makes sense. I'd thought I ask since the recent appeal threads raised doubts about the system. Not saying that it's erroneous, but just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom