Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Quality of Life Donor Perk Additions

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Bare in mind that I was mostly considering the Trade Servers for these Perks
1. "!bumptrade <message>" where it autobumps your message in chat for you every 2-3 minutes.
2. Another one that probably needs to be critiqued to be more suitable (I pulled this one from Retroservers Donor Perms) possibly a limited time command such as !votevsh where a player can spawn in as a hale if voted by enough players which makes a player a hale with like maybe 2000 health. Just would be a fun distraction for donors to use and incentivize players to get donor to support the community.
3. !Friendly/Buddha Mode: Honestly should already be a command, no damage dealt but allows rocket/sticky jumping
4. "!fakeitem @me <item index> <quality> <method>" (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1553366) Just a fun friendly prank to pull every once awhile - which was also pulled from Retroservers
5. sm_tauntspeed # Modifying Taunt Speed to make it faster/slower (Probably limiting on Taunt kills)
6. Possibly reworking and reimplementing (possibly restrict from JB due to the nature of the game) !colorme
*editted* 7. A less glitchy possibly more noticeable form of /me OR !hsay - <message> Creates a message that will pop up on the center bottom of all players HUD: (Yes I know this is already a Mod tool though seeing how voting is restricted to only donors, mods and up it'd be a very useful tool for warning people before calling a vote on them.)

I'm definitely open to critiquing these though I would like to seem at an attempt at implementing ones like the first one, third one, and possibly the seventh one.

8,) Last one and by far most important to me is asking if we get a #donor-chat on discord.

Last edited:

Kiri

Australium
1. No
2. You could try to request something related to this, but it shouldn't be a donor only.
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. If you really want to get someone's attention and don't have a mic, use /me message. It bugs out frequently, but it tends to catch attention.
Only the rule-breakers hate donors who use their votemenus in a justified manner.
I mean call the vote on someone if they rule-break, then report them on the forums. Saying someone is donor abusing means nothing without any proof. If you don't want a lot of abuse, don't let everyone have access to the votemenu. You can always go into general chat and ask someone a question, a staff or another donor will most likely answer.

I constantly change my name, because most people don't like me because I report them and use my votemenu on them. Everyone will complain when being punished for rule-breaking. People who listen to the rules, don't have a problem with me.

If you votekick, there should be a reason and they should see that message.

Last edited:

Jack the Ripper

Unremarkable

Jack

1. No
2. You could try to request something related to this, but it shouldn't be a donor only.
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. If you really want to get someone's attention and don't have a mic, use /me message. It bugs out frequently, but it tends to catch attention.
Only the rule-breakers hate donors who use their votemenus in a justified manner.
I mean call the vote on someone if they rule-break, then report them on the forums. Saying someone is donor abusing means nothing without any proof. If you don't want a lot of abuse, don't let everyone have access to the votemenu. You can always go into general chat and ask someone a question, a staff or another donor will most likely answer.

I constantly change my name, because most people don't like me because I report them and use my votemenu on them. Everyone will complain when being punished for rule-breaking.
If people that you don’t report also don’t like you, that might be indicative of something else causing their dislike.

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
For 7. even when /me has worked, (which it being very finicky is a problem itself), it's not been helpful in deescalating any situations that i've dealt with and I've still had voted people get kicked a rejoin calling donor abuse for not seeing a warning. Sure it's on them, but if it was made more clear it'd be hard to argue against it.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
1) This might be nice as a general trade server command more than a donor command, so long as the cooldown is long enough to prevent abuse/chat flooding.
2) Meh.
3) Just put on a rocket/sticky jumper, you don't need a fancy command for that.
4) Donors already have a custom message they can use for that purpose, seems like a lot of bother just to mess with people.
5) I feel like this is a bad idea, but I can't think of a reason why :/
6) Staff don't even have access to that anymore. Doubt it'll come back.
7) No, since you're not obligated to warn people.
8) Aside from regulars and the occasional passerby, #general is pretty much donor chat anyway.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Bump.

Summary on my stance:
1. maybe, sure. A store item or donor perk would be cool
2. This might be difficult as it'll involve porting the VSH code over to servers, which will take time and resources for a miniscule return.
3. not necessary, also could be abusable.
4. Interesting Idea, but could be spammable. Might have to look into that one.
5. The idea is nice, but I can think of exploits/abuses for this, which would make the feature pay-to-win. (Tauntkills, for example.)
6. no.
7. I don't see the point, also warning people before calling a vote won't have an effect, as votes usually are called after the server verbally warns the guy anyways.
8. someone made a separate request for the donor discord channel, and it's massively downvoted, so No.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Old thread, negative sentiment. Closing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1672098640784.png

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom