Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Puddin's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

User name: K3NOPSIA_

Name
Puddin'

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:499603941

Your DiscordID
Puddinboy#5986

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I was a trial admin on panda.tf's W3Source server for a couple months before I got demoted for inactivity due to not caring enough about TF2 in general and also being slightly addicted to CS:GO.

I also moderated a server back when I started playing TF2 but the server closed a looooooooong time ago.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
BlackWonder | Trade Minecraft - 176.9.104.188:27355
BlackWonder | Trade Plaza - 217.20.115.23:27055

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Seeing as how Blackwonder is literally the only community I can and actually will play on, I figured I could help out around the servers (namely, Trade servers since that's my thing).

I have pretty thick skin which means I can and will be unbiased with my punishments, no matter who the person is (friend or "foe"). I can also keep a relatively clear head in "stressful" situtations, although I don't see how it can be that stressful, to be honest.

I have a lot of experience with the game itself and with the cheating scene and I believe I can detect most hackerboyes, no matter how >subtle the hacking is.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
I know most of the current admins but I can't say that I actually talk to them on a daily basis, mostly on Discord if that counts but then again, it's mostly quick one-sentence replies.

I've talked to RainbowRobb, Viking34 (rip no longer admin ;_; ), Overkill (again, still an admin in my heart), Benedevil and Benedevil female version for the longest, though.

When are you usually available to play?
Weekdays - 19:00 - 00:00 (GMT+2) Weekends - from whenever I wake up to whenever I go to sleep (GMT+2)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Before we begin, assume recording a demo is standard before any severe punishment.

As for the General Rules;

> Offensive Behaviour - Warning -> 2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Spam/Mic Spam - Warning -> 2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Different language - Warning -> 2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Immature voice - Warning -> 2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Offensive Spray/Nickname/Avatar - Warning -> 2 hours ban -> 24 hours ban -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) ban -> 1 week ban -> 1 month ban -> perma ban
> Being a hackerboye - perma ban
> Advertising hacks - perma gag/mute
> Calling out admins - Warning -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute -> 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Abusing !calladmin - Warning -> 24 hours ban -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) ban -> 1 week ban -> 1 month ban -> perma ban
> Exploiting the map and/or other bugs/glitches - Warning -> Slay -> Kick -> 24h ban -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) ban -> 1 week ban -> 1 month ban -> perma ban

Again, with the Trade Rules, assume proper proof is standard before any severe punishment.

Onto the Trade Rules;

> Scamming/Sharking - perma ban (possibly submit a report to SteamRep)
> Advertising paid raffles/spycrabs - Warning -> Kick -> 24h ban -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) ban -> 1 week ban -> 1 month ban -> perma ban
> Begging - Warning -> 2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute 1 month gag/mute -> perma gag/mute
> Random Trades - Warning -> Kick -> 24h ban -> 2/3 days (depending on severity) -> 1 week ban -> 1 month ban -> perma ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I've had a rocky start with this community and I'm fairly sure most current admins are aware of all the drama that has happened what with all the bans, insults, trash talk, bans, ban evading, bans, etc... and while I'm also aware that applying for moderator so soon after I got unbanned (3 months ago) might sound like I am being powehungry, I still feel like I'd a good part of the admin team as I feel like I've changed, both my personality and the way I deal with people.

Also, Cammy bullied me into applying.

On a more serious note, I've learned a lot from all the bans, eg. stuff that is acceptable to say/do and stuff that isn't acceptable to say/do and seeing as how I'm sort of coming back to TF2, I wouldn't mind actually helping the only community I play on.

That is all, thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
I also moderated a server back when I started playing TF2 but the server closed a looooooooong time ago.
Do you still remember the name of the server?

> Offensive Spray/Nickname/Avatar
You perma-sprayban offensive sprays (specially NSFW)

> Being a hackerboye - perma ban
Remember to record tho

- My only general complaint about your punishments is that the jumps in the scaling are too huge, it jumps from 2h to 24h and from 24h to 1 week, that's too OP, other than that you have some good punishments and the first time durations of them are also nice.

You have no chatlog data registered (Probably plays with a mic, dunno), so i can't judge how you are inside the game, probably gonna stalk you later, dunno.
You have no Bans/Comms, gucci.

Overall nice person on Discord, i don't have much to say about you though.

TFStats said you only played for 9h30m, which is not a very big time.

Since i don't really know you that much, i'm going to stay neutral, but may change to +support after some more researching.
Changed my opinion to true neutral.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jim

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
Hello Puddin'.

Your application;
2 hours gag/mute -> 24 hours gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute -> 1 month gag/mute
There is in my opinion too big of a gap between your punishment lengths but nothing that can't be fixed.
Other than that your application is well written.

Your chatlogs;
There is nothing in your in-game chatlogs. (There is literally nothing :censored:)

185 results when I look up "fuck". Even though you don't use it as a bad word, it's bad to see you use it that often. (I'm aware that some of the results are old.)
Nothing else worth mentioning about chatlogs.

Other;
According to tfstats, you only have a total of 9 hours playtime on BlackWonder which is not enough for me to consider you as a potential staff member.
I'm stuck between Neutral and -Support but for now, I'll stick with Neutral. The only thing keeping you up is your well-written application.

Good luck with your application!

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Greetings, Shadow Mario.

Do you still remember the name of the server?

I have no idea, it's been ~5-6 years. Apologies.

You perma-sprayban offensive sprays (specially NSFW)

Ah, that does make sense, thank you.

- My only general complaint about your punishments is that the jumps in the scaling are too huge, it jumps from 2h to 24h and from 24h to 1 week, that's too OP, other than that you have some good punishments and the first time durations of them are also nice.

In my opinion, if people continue to break a certain rule after being warned and punished once/twice, they deserve less leniency and more harsher punishments.

I'd still be willing to modify certain punishment durations if they are indeed way too big/short.

You have no chatlog data registered (Probably plays with a mic, dunno), so i can't judge how you are inside the game, probably gonna stalk you later, dunno.
You have no Bans/Comms, gucci.

I have no chatlog data because I refrain from talking in-game.
You're welcome to stalk me, though.

As for the bans, well...

https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=puddin&Submit=Search

All of those are mine except for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th and 10th.
I explained what happened when I first started playing here on my application.

I have no communication bans, though.
Gucci.

Overall nice person on Discord, i don't have much to say about you though.

Danke.

TFStats said you only played for 9h30m, which is not a very big time.

Back when I started playing here on my "main" account (STEAM_0:0:177844382), the servers used HLStatsX and not TFStats.
I'm not sure if Benedevil still has access to the HLStatsX database and I don't know if it do any good since, if I recall correctly, the stats were reset at some point.

I have a lot more than just 9h30, though.

Hello Puddin'.

Greetings, Lala7586.

There is in my opinion too big of a gap between your punishment lengths but nothing that can't be fixed.

Understood and I've explained this in my reply to Shadow Mario but, again, I'd still be willing to adjust my punishment lengths.

Other than that your application is well written.

Danke.

There is nothing in your in-game chatlogs. (There is literally nothing :censored:)

View attachment 10637
185 results when I look up "fuck". Even though you don't use it as a bad word, it's bad to see you use it that often. (I'm aware that some of the results are old.)
Nothing else worth mentioning about chatlogs.

I tend not to talk much in-game and while I do say "fuck" a lot, most of the times, it's either to emphasize a joke or for the "shock" effect.

According to tfstats, you only have a total of 9 hours playtime on BlackWonder which is not enough for me to consider you as a potential staff member.

Explained above, but yes, I have a lot more than just 9h30 on this community.

Good luck with your application!

Danke.

EDIT:

My "main" account is now un-privatized, if you want to stalk it for a bit.
I no longer use that account, though.

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Hello puddin,
I hope you are having an amazing day.

I will keep this reply short and simple.
You have my complete support in becoming a moderator.
  • You probably have more hours on blw servers than me (On all your alts combined)
  • I have asked you for help with spotting cheaters multiple times, and you have been reliable
  • Saying "Fuck" is not a bad thing
  • You know how the community works and have been here for more than long enough
  • It would be funny how triggered some people may become if you become mod
With kind regards,
Lucas

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hey Puddin, hope you're doing alright.

It's been a while since I've been on trade Minecraft, but I do remember running into you a couple of times before on there. You're pretty chill on there and most of the time I ran into you, you're usually playing sniper or spy and just hanging out. Ever since you've been unbanned you haven't been a problem and I'm genuinely glad you didn't try to "seek your revenge" on Blackwonder when you kept trying to get unbanned. You handled your last couple of appeals very maturely and I'm glad to see you now trying to help out the community. My only concern is the cheating/hacking accusations. I'm worried that if you do become a mod, people will continually be posting reports with demos of you possibly cheating and this will be an ongoing problem with people claiming we gave a cheater/hacker mod on our servers. This might be similar to how people are always saying Honey and Kernor are cheating or that they're being very disrespectful to players or that they're doing all of that as they punish players for "no reason whatsoever." I'm probably over thinking this and in reality, nothing is going to happen.

Personally, I think you deserve a chance and hope for the best. +Support

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Heyyo puddin.

First off, other than what shadow mario, Lala, and lucas mentioned, i don't see anything wrong with the app itself.
It's well written, and pretty good for a mod app.

I'm not concerned with players accusing you of hacking, because if you are it'll be pretty obvious pretty quickly. (Or at least that's what i expect)

Also, I remember you from back in the day, when that ex-admin was around.
Now that I look back at it, yeah you were quite childish and trolly at the time. (Maybe a bit creepy)

Though, the way you wrote your ban appeal, and the fact that you didn't seem to have made any trouble since, is quite promising.

You're an old member, I'd say you're quite clean after all what happened, you seem to have matured quite a lot.
And I'm really glad that after all this time, blackwonder seems to have been pretty enjoyable for you that you decided to stick around.

I personally feel comfortable with you being on the team.
Perhaps that's why this
+Support appeared out of nowhere. (I know really weird huh?)

Good luck with your app!

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning puddin,

App itself is clean cut and nicely done. Although I can see your understanding of the punishment scale from 24hrs straight to a week, there needs to be a middle ground there. Doubling the previous has been a staple and while you could increase it based on the situation, I think it would be just that, based on the situation. Other than your App, responding to Staff's questions and concerns have been a + for you.

I was around towards the end of the your...time here awhile back. I think while you might have altered your attitude since then, I can't speak personally on that as we haven't spoken. I will wait for the vote and go from there.

Will go Neutral for now.

This might be similar to how people are always saying Honey and Kernor
@Alex-Ario Demotion for not spelling my name right.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
+support
Once you, as others have said, change this:
-> 24 hours gag/mute -> 1 week gag/mute ->

I wasn't around when you were very toxic, but I have heard. You have come a long way with improving your behavior. There isn't much else for me to say, as most of it has been mentioned already. Good luck, I think you would make a great Moderator.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Taking into account all the constructive criticism about my punishment lengths, I've made some changes to most of them, adding another tier.
I still feel like calling admins out is bad enough to warrant a 24 hour -> 1 week due to how disruptive it can be to an admin.

I'd still like to thank everyone for reading and posting your thoughts.

/dab

Overkill

a byte
Known puds for a long time now. He's helped me a lot and can say without hesitation that he has improved a whole lot. Very reliable and the thick-skin thing is no joke. Punishments look good. +++Support, would make an excellent Mod. Good luck! :fox:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom